Anyone else around 5'2 starting @ around 270lbs

Options

Replies

• Toffeegirl23
    Toffeegirl23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am Paula.
    I am 5ft 2 and 240lbs. I started the same day as you did.
    It would be great to buddy up. At the moment I am really motivated but I feel I will need lots of motivation over the next year or so.
    I am in the UK
  • EJRaven
    EJRaven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2 and started at 290lbs in July 2012 (highest weight ever). Got to 249lbs in October of 2014 without really changing my eating but because of cycling to work every day. In October something clicked, I changed my eating and started the gym next to the biking. 2 weeks ago I saw 202lbs on the scale. It's not going fast but it's going! Hope to be under 200 by the end of October 2015. I'm in the Netherlands. Let's be buddies!
  • Sassyk35
    Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am Paula.
    I am 5ft 2 and 240lbs. I started the same day as you did.
    It would be great to buddy up. At the moment I am really motivated but I feel I will need lots of motivation over the next year or so.
    I am in the UK
    HI Paula, Yes feel free to add me we can keep in touch with progress. :smile:
  • kahuku
    kahuku Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" :)
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    EJRaven wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 5'2 and started at 290lbs in July 2012 (highest weight ever). Got to 249lbs in October of 2014 without really changing my eating but because of cycling to work every day. In October something clicked, I changed my eating and started the gym next to the biking. 2 weeks ago I saw 202lbs on the scale. It's not going fast but it's going! Hope to be under 200 by the end of October 2015. I'm in the Netherlands. Let's be buddies!
    Awesome Great work very motivation! ! Yes add me
  • suthrngurl77
    suthrngurl77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Im new to this as well.
    I'm 5'2 and 196lb. I definitely need a friend or 2 to help me stay motivated. Add me to the group.
  • EJRaven
    EJRaven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Sassyk35 added you! For others feel free to send me a request. It's always better to do this together!
  • nellyviera89
    nellyviera89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5'0 started at 220 and am now at 155 i started my weightloss journey for the second time on February 2015 i want to get down to 138 but seem to be stuck at 155 for now add me
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    B)
    kahuku wrote: »
    I am 5'2" :)

• Sassyk35
    Options
    All are welcome to friend me
  • jackstxrdh
    jackstxrdh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    TinyTexn59 wrote: »
    Hey Kendra! Look, just take the total from the new scale and use it as a loss, for one thing it is a motivator and for the other it has been a few days and you probably did lose if you are keeping under your numbers. You can do this girl! It is hard work, but so worth it, not only for health but for self esteem!

A great motivator for me has been to weigh once a week. For a visual I use a jar of glass marbles marked pounds to lose. It has 100 marbles in it. I have another jar marked pounds destroyed. Each week if I lose I take my marbles and put them into the Pounds Destroyed jar. It is a nice visual for me to see that I am succeeding. Let me tell you, the first time I had to take a marble from the destroyed jar and put it back into the lose jar was a wake up call! I stay on track now!

I love the Marble jar Idea!!!!!
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    5'2" 217 here feel free to add me and good luck
  • mg_ellakkis
    mg_ellakkis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sassyk35 wrote: »

Hi all and Sassyk,
    I am 42 years and 110 kg wich is my heaviest weight ever. I am a mother of 4 kids (11 b, 9 g, 4 b, 3 b). We migrated to canada in 2013 and i have been stressed out ever since. Now i am having health problems like panic attacks which are quite severe. My last ambulance trip was last monday which they ct scanned me for a blood clot in the lungs. Thank God that was false, but i think ot was a wale up call for me.
    I must get my weight under 80 kg. Since last Monday i stopped rice and bread and found my self dieting without relizing it, now i realy want to continue and change my life style. Sassyk, we need all the support and motivation to stay on track, hope i find it here with you.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my heaviest was 235. My current weight is 197. My goal is to get down to 150. Depending on how I look and feel at that time I may go down to 140.
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    Sassyk35 wrote: »

Hi all and Sassyk,
    I am 42 years and 110 kg wich is my heaviest weight ever. I am a mother of 4 kids (11 b, 9 g, 4 b, 3 b). We migrated to canada in 2013 and i have been stressed out ever since. Now i am having health problems like panic attacks which are quite severe. My last ambulance trip was last monday which they ct scanned me for a blood clot in the lungs. Thank God that was false, but i think ot was a wale up call for me.
    I must get my weight under 80 kg. Since last Monday i stopped rice and bread and found my self dieting without relizing it, now i realy want to continue and change my life style. Sassyk, we need all the support and motivation to stay on track, hope i find it here with you.
    Good for you for making this choice! ! We can support each other. :smile:
  • littleonehb25
    littleonehb25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone :) 5'3" 210 lbs. Just started this journey!
  • singergirlkristy
    Options
    I'm right in that range as well. 5'1 and 243. I'm starting my journey now and need all the friends and support I can get!
  • gracesluckystar2015
    Options
    Hi I am 5:3 and started here 3 weeks ago at 19st1lb and now weigh 18st6lb so I have a long way to go, my overall aim is that I would love to be able to go to a normal clothes shop and buy something without thinking does it go up to size 22 even size 24 in some shops , it would make going out and work clothes etc so much easier . I've lost 9lb so far and I hope to lose another 1st 6lb by Christmas then I plan to set another goal
  • AnnamariaBuonassisi3
    Options
    Hi! My name is Anna. I would be happy to give some motivation as long as you send some motivation my way. I am 40, standing 5'4 and weighing 359 pounds. I started a at 416 pounds about a year ago after a long drawn out divorce and many years of unhappiness prior to it. Now that the divorce is behind me I am taking care of me. I also have a thyroid issue that causes my weight loss be slightly difficult but I am trying not to discourage me. I am working on a low carb diet. My fitness plan has me eat 253 grams a day. I cut that down 125-150 a day and I have seen great success. So send me a friend request and we can be each other motivation. Good Luck!
  • rebeccaposton7
    rebeccaposton7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a lot older than all of you so not revealing my age, but I started my journey 3years ago at 370 lbs. And now am at 225. I also am 5' 2". It is slow going for me as exercise is hard with fibromyalgia and a bad back. However, you can do this if you are patient and stay focused. Best wishes for you and your husband.