Am I too muscular?

Options

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Based on that pic, no. I'm not sure I'd describe u as muscular at all, let alone too muscular.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

What do you think?

190830743451fab7f12fb254.26290536.jpg
    for my homie, @incogneato
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

What do you think?

What?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    You look great. He was probably trying to flirt with you.
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a bad pic but I don't think you look muscular. Keep hitting the weights hard. You won't get unattractively big by simply consuming a normal amount of calories and lifting.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not at all. You look slender and fit. He's just giving you a bro-compliment.

And even if he was criticising you, who cares? You're going to change what you're doing because one person said something? Nah!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    magic 8 ball says- probably not.

But who cares what he thinks. Personally it makes me quiet happy when people notice the size of put on... but dem gainz son- they matter to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You're hardly muscular. You look average to me. But then again, I'm around muscular people all day, so I guess it's subjective.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

What do you think?

What?

Probably to clean the giant smear on your mirror.

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    No. You look good, but I don't see any muscle.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So I can see the picture- no. you aren't muscular. you're lean- but you aren't particularly muscular. Unless you're training for an endurance event I would suggest lifting more and running less. But that is my completely bias- I'm a total meat head- kind of opinion.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    A: Not hardly.
    B: 1 regular at my gym called me a "beast" and another said I looked "jacked." I think both were compliments.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    No. He probably wants to bang.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have a rather similar build and wouldn't consider myself muscular but I get comments like this all the time. It makes me uncomfortable and upset...so I totally understand why you wouldn't take it as a compliment. I am actually only doing body weight exercises with the hopes that I will look less "muscle-y"

FWIW, I think you look great! (But completely get how these kinds of comments can get to you)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You certainly aren't too muscular. You might have some muscle definition but you aren't muscular. If you want to be muscular you need to do more lifting and less cardio, and eat in a surplus. If you aren't doing any of that, you have nothing to worry about.
  • rosammr
    rosammr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Girl take it as a compliment. I'd kill for a body like yours. No, you're not big in any way or shape. If you like what you see, keep going.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not even close.

Keep lifting OP. :)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hell no. You look great
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I'm a 23 year old female, about 125 pounds and 5'5". I work out six days a week, lifting four days according to the following split:

Tuesdays: chest and shoulders
    Thursdays: Legs
    Saturdays: Biceps and Triceps
    Sundays: Back and abs

I also am an avid runner. Monday and Wednesday are my long cardio days, and on lift days I will generally run 2-3 miles before my lift as well.

My coworker just came up to me and said "Damn, Jess! Looking swoll over there. You're getting big". I'm not sure how to take this. Does he mean that I am gaining weight? Am I too muscular and should lay off the weights for a while? It made me really self conscious and am kind of embarrassed now.

554kef.jpg

What do you think?

You look great, not big at all. Ignore your co-worker.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    look fine to me. You must remember some men aren't very good at articulating compliments. And at the end of the day - do you really give a *kitten* what a co-worker says? Unless you have a 'thing' for him and want him to like you? You gotta feel good about yourself and not give a toss about what others say. If you feel good - you look good! :smiley: If it was a girl i'd say she was jealous. seeing as it was a guy - badly worded compliment.