Carls

Options
why can't I put my daily intake up, ie workouts, food intake for the day etc just because I haven't reached the calories this app suggests? Annoying! Doesn't mean it's unsafe ...

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Because it is this site policy and believe it is unhealthy
    You agreed with that in the TOS when you signed up.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Eat some ice cream.

Log it.

Problem solved.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Not sure I understand. I went back to last week when I was sick for a few days and didn't eat my calories for the day. I did get that "you are not eating enough" message, but now when I go back I still see that but I do have the option to add foods. And I can see what I ate that day, and I can see exercises. Well, I mean I didn't do any exercise while I was sick but I can still see that page and could add something if I wanted to. So I don't quite understand what you mean.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Eat some ice cream.

Log it.

Problem solved.

YOU, I like.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Eat some ice cream.

Log it.

Problem solved.

By the way, speaking of ice cream.... did you know that full-fat ice cream is actually not horrible for blood glucose levels? At least for pre-diabetics, and often for type 2. According to my doctor. I asked her to repeat herself. lolol. Best bit of news I've had in awhile. :wink: Now of course she didn't give me carte blanche to just go eating pints and pints of ice cream. But a proper serving after dinner, if it fits into calories, is okay. WOOT! (have I ever mentioned that I love my doctor?) lol
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Monklady123 I give your Doctor a 2 thumbs up !!! I do not even know her or him and I like what your Doc said. :smiley:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    why can't I put my daily intake up, ie workouts, food intake for the day etc just because I haven't reached the calories this app suggests? Annoying! Doesn't mean it's unsafe ...

How tall are you?
    What do you currently weigh?
    What did you set as a weekly loss goal?
    How many calories per day are you eating?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You can log exercises.

You can't close your diary and get the "in 5 weeks" message or get the automatic message that you are under for your friends to see, as there's likely a fear that this would encourage or help trigger people with EDs.

I think it very well would or could, so I'm in favor of the policy.

Why are you eating such low calories? Are you on a doctor-supervised diet? You can log and post progress to your home page even if MFP won't do it automatically.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    12 hours later and nothing further from the OP besides his complaint that the system gives him a warning when he eats below minimum nutritional levels.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i know that years ago, you used to be able to complete the day under calorie without getting that message. i guess they changed it.