Hollandaise sauce

Options
Does anyone have a recipe for a not-so-bad-for-you Hollandaise sauce? Eggs Benedict is my favorite!!!!

Replies

• bcakes81178
    Options
    Does anyone have a recipe for a not-so-bad-for-you Hollandaise sauce? Eggs Benedict is my favorite!!!!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Low-Calorie Hollandaise Sauce
    (6, One serving = two tablespoons)

1/2 cup water
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 tablespoon fat free dry milk granules
    1 egg yolk
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
    2 or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
    Place all ingredients except the lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Blend for 10 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into a small non-stick saucepan and set the pan over low heat. Whisk the mixture continuously until the sauce is thickened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove and whisk in the lemon juice. Serve hot or warm.

ONE SERVING =
    Calories: 21
    Calories from fat: 8
    Total fat: 1 g
    Saturated fat: 0 g
    Cholesterol: 36 mg
    Sodium: 107 mg
    Carbohydrates: 2 g
    Dietary fiber: 0 g
    Sugars: 1 g
    Protein: 1 g
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    bumping into my topics... I have a son (well, and myself) who loves eggs benedict! Yummm
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know if anyone tried this... and how was it?
  • christina101
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? I would love to know if it is good.
    Eggs florentine (with spinach instead of ham) is my fave breakfast ever but I always think it is so very unhealthy that is only for special occasions (birthdays etc).

If I used this sauce then it wood be super healthy as it is just english muffins, wilted spinach, poached eggs and then the sauce!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    DO a search in the recipes for eggs bene chic....its the HG version of eggs benedict and its amazing i am at work or else I would type it out.

:wink: