Protein Powder - yay or nay?

Options
124»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Protein shake everyday on the way to work because I can't hit my protein goal to save my life.
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yay yay yay on the protein powder. I use Vitamin Shoppe's brand of whey protein isolate. I think it's called Bodytech. The french vanilla flavor is delicious! I make a smoothie with a scoop of that, vanilla Greek yogurt, spinach, frozen strawberries, almond milk and almond butter. Usually that's my second lunch. About 500 calories, quick, easy, delicious, very filling, with about 50 grams of protein, good fats and micronutrients.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If you're concerned about calories just put it in water. Or a cup of almond milk and two cups of water. No need to go filling it with seeds and add-ins
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love protein shakes and protein bars but unfortunately, I am allergic to them :(
  • Inkd_babe
    Inkd_babe Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes I love protein but it needs to be good quality I will have one with breakfast and one post work out that's just me though I find my body struggles to push through training some days without it. Kick boxing you need the protein to recover from the conditioning your body is going through. Everyone is different so I would just suggest doing whatever works best for you and only you would know what that is
  • Inkd_babe
    Inkd_babe Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love protein shakes and protein bars but unfortunately, I am allergic to them :(

Is it the gluten?