What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I unexpectedly reached one of my goals today - I wrote this on my profile:

"5th Goal - get into old favorite green pants that I last wore in 1997 and saved (optimistic me) - somewhere in the 170s; goal reached 9-15-15!! -- OH WOW!!! I just tried them on at 182 pounds and they fit perfectly!!! I LOVE THESE PANTS - even if they aren't really in fashion anymore. I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS WEIGHT SINCE 1997!!!!! :)"
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »
    I never would say that to my mom...if she were still with me. @chrysalis2015

Yeah, didn't actually say that to her with those words - I said it way more tactfully. However, my mom has been nothing but verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive all my life, and her newest tangent is that I shouldn't lift because I'll look like a man and be "more monstrous" than I already am.

My condolences on the loss of your mom, however.

I had been wondering why anyone would say STFU to their mom. I am very sorry that your's is abusive. Mine is a gift from God. I'm ever sorrier that you don't have my kind of mom.
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    belimawr wrote: »

My NSV: I have not taken one, NOT ONE puff, of my inhaler since at least Mid-July. Seriously, whereas I used to need 5 or 6 puffs a day on a normal day, I have gone over a month and a half though the WORST of days, and that feels great.

Keep your better fitting clothes, better looking body - as far as I'm concerned my NSV trumps all. ;)

You're right: That's as good as it gets. Congratulations!

Nothing better than breathing! And you are not ugly. Ever think about talking to a counselor about that?
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Good morning, everybody! I'm sitting here, like every morning, eating my Chobani and Fiber One, reading the NSV thread, and getting my inspiration for the day. :smiley:

I guess I must be more optimistic than I thought I was. I have saved pretty much ALL my clothes from when I was thinner. This morning, got a shirt out of the closet that I haven't been able to wear in about 8 years -it fits perfectly. Most of those clothes are in good condition, since I kept gaining weight and grew out of them before they got worn. It's nice to not have to go shopping for new clothes. :smile:

Ditto.
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    Today I had my daughter help me do a major clean out of my dresser, closet and under the bed. I have several huge piles to donate. I also found quite a few things that will fit me now too. I don't know why I had so many clothes, everything from 12-18. I was sad to see a few things go, but very glad overall. Daughter was a big help, she's 19 and brutally honest about how it looks on, so I would of probably kept a lot of things I shouldn't of.

I don't know if its the physical work of doing so, or the excitment of donating the old fat clothes and wearing the new thin clothing but there is little better than this! Except the asthmatic guy's breathing and the woman's blood sugar being normal.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Came first for my office during the JPMCC Corporate Challenge 5K race (woohoo!)
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

RachelaT90 wrote: »
    I did an exercise which involved sort of doing the plank but holding weights and lifting alternate arms (sorry I don't know the name) and I did it 36 times! I am so terrible at the plank and maybe 3-4 months ago couldn't do it for 10 seconds nevermind one handed!

renegade rows!!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Went through all of the dresses in my closet to get ready for vacation and I have to get rid of almost all of them. They're all so baggy looking now. My weight hasn't really budged in a few weeks so it was nice to see. I'm also down a size in sports bras and my compression pants are starting to fall when I run -- looks like I need more gym clothes lol.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Great victories!!!

Arms are way less flabby. Thank you, dumbbells.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I did 75 miles in the NYC Century ride on Sunday. And burned around 4,000 calories. :p
    cxzvs3fbyp6z.jpg

Nice burn! I hope you went and ate an entire stuffed crust pizza afterwards
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bought a "slim fit" pair of pants for the first time in my life. They look and fit a whole lot better than the baggy jeans they're replacing.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ksalcido8 wrote: »
    Actual logic used by me today: my laptop battery died and the cord was in the other room and I was too lazy to go and get it, so I went to the gym instead.

AND THEN all the ellipticals were being used so I hopped on a stationary bike for 10 minutes while I waited and STILL went longer and farther than last time when I got in the elliptical.

I need this logic in my life. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    althea5883 wrote: »
    My first ever non scale victory. I stopped eating when I was full and didn't feel the need to finish everything on my plate, even though I logged it already.

This is the BEST!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was able to wear my sandals with 4" heels again yesterday after two months of physical therapy for an arthritic knee. Also, the strength training my physical therapist has had me doing made me able to take hills on my bike faster that three months ago and I was passing people on the hills of my Sunday bike ride.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Today I ordered a small ring to put in front of my weddingring. It is slipping and I am scared of loosing it, As I am still loosing weight and not finished yet I do not want to resize.
    The stopring, as I calll the small ring, is 3 sizes smaller than my weddingring.
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I realized today that I have almost completely snuffed out the ugly voice in my head that tells me I can't! Instead I now have a BEAUTIFUL voice that says I can! On my run this morning I came to a hill and that ugly voice said "you can't do that" but immediately the beautiful voice chimed in with " yes you can! And you can kick it up a notch!!" And guess who won :smiley:
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just bought size 8 jeans when I once was a size 12 :)
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My endocrinologist has reduced my thyroid medication twice in the past four months. Twice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!