What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• shonda_gonzalez
    shonda_gonzalez Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Had to get my wedding rings re-sized a full size smaller. They actually flew off my fingers at a restaurant. Luckily, I found them and went straight to the jeweler. :)
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    (TMI warning)

Today I bought my first thong in 7 years AND it's my first size S item. Last year's undies vs this year's undies... Speaks for itself!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    (TMI warning)

Today I bought my first thong in 7 years AND it's my first size S item. Last year's undies vs this year's undies... Speaks for itself!

Haha, me too! Mines an M but I'm good with that! I got some new fitting work clothes but had to deal with the VPL, and the only way to do that is a thong (well, there is another option, but it isn't really work appropriate...)

My NSV for today is that I swam 1000m non-stop at the pool today. I've only been back swimming for a couple of weeks after years out of the pool, so I'm really pleased with that!
  • fitjulz40in12
    fitjulz40in12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think my most recent NSV (even though it's happened before along the way) is finding that I can't wear certain tops anymore because they look horrible on me. But it's an NSV because the REASON they look horrible is the fact that I am smaller and they fit all wonky and weird because they are too large, rather than too small. Last night I had one of those times when I was out with my husband and felt totally blah and not very cute, but it was because I had too much sag in my pants and my cardi-tank combo was too large and long to be flattering. In my book, those are good things since I like the way I look in smaller clothes now!

I love this too! I've had to get rid of a lot of shirts because they are too big! Fun fun.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me yesterday that I'm her inspiration and that she recently joined a gym. The night before, she ate her pita sandwich and when her daughter asked if she'd like more, she said no because she could see me and figured that was enough to eat. But, she was starving in the morning. Then she remembered I had said I'm always starving the next day if I don't have enough to eat at night. She's going to try cutting her intake earlier in the day instead of for dinner and see how that goes.
    She also said she was heading to the gym and thinking she couldn't go on an empty stomach. Then she pictured me leaving work with my Luna bar, heading to the gym. She decided she could do that too, just eat a bar instead of a meal before the gym.
    While it's scary to picture myself in someone else's head (and to realize that she's apparently remembered everything I've said about weight loss over the past two years) , it's sort of cool too.

That's really good that someone is trying to use your habits until they can work out their own :)
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been having to borrow hubby's belts to keep my work pants up. Now the belts are too big. I don't want to spend $$ on new uniforms when I still have about 5kg to lose. I've ordered some belts for now

• sarahat10
    sarahat10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My nsv that here has been ice cream in my freezer for longer than 6 days. It's usually a whole quart gone in 24 hours !
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Last night, I was able to resist eating General Tso's boneless wings that my mom brought home after work. I'm constantly working on not eating food just because it's there.
  • Liams_momma14
    Liams_momma14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Left pic is drivers license taken feb 23 2015 second one ( green one) is my health card taken may 1 just over two months between the two photos. r0fq1sc1na1w.jpg
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A few that have happened over the past couple of weeks areeeeee:

*I had to tighten my fitbit a notch
    *I managed to run for 10mins on a treadmill which may not sound like much but it's huge to me LOL
    *I can squeeze into size 14 jeans now :D (UK size 14)

Well done to all on your awesome NSV's <3
  • ashrinkingqueen
    ashrinkingqueen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 inches already this month, 2 inches of that is off of my waist!
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 inches already this month, 2 inches of that is off of my waist!

That is awesome.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    sarahat10 wrote: »
    My nsv that here has been ice cream in my freezer for longer than 6 days. It's usually a whole quart gone in 24 hours !

Same! Even crazier is it's only a pint and it still isn't done. Those used to be 'single servings' way back when.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Now down to belt hole #13. I know I need to invest in a new one but I'm ALMOST to where a L/XL standard belt fits me instead of needing to buy a plus size one. Eep!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was able to do 36 sit ups today on the decline bench. The last time I tried this I failed horribly. I don't know if these are easier than regular sit ups, but still a NSV for me. I definitely feel it in my lower abs today.
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My workout clothes are getting too loose!
  • tk1dgr1
    tk1dgr1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 8k this morning. Couldn't even run half a block when I started!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    dianahoo wrote: »
    In September 2011, my brother-in-law was badly injured at the Reno Air Races when one of the planes crashed into the crowd. He was in a coma for 6 weeks, and once he began to come out of the coma, he struggled hugely in trying to do even the simplest things, like sitting up on his own. As I watched him work so hard, I decided to take on a physical task that was a challenge for me. I wanted to honor his amazing attitude and commitment to becoming stronger by doing something that I had never been able to do -- and that was to do a pull-up. A few months later, he was beginning to lift small weights and to exercise regularly. I told him about my commitment to do a pull-up (I was still a long way away), and he challenged me to a race to see who could do one first. I agreed, convinced I would beat him. He was, after all, recovering from a serious brain injury and had also lost most of the fingers on one hand along with the loss of an eye. Happily, Bill managed to do his pull-up about 4 weeks later, in February 2012. Me on the other hand? I continued to struggle. But, I'm proud to announce that I finally did my pull-up about two weeks ago, and I've done several since then. I cried like a baby when I finally accomplished my goal. So, yes, it's a bit sad that it took me 2 1/2 years to do a pull-up, but it's one of my proudest accomplishments ever!

Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and would actually be comfortable wearing them in public!

5%20month%20progress%20part%202_zpsevpkbny2.jpg
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and would actually be comfortable wearing them in public!

5%20month%20progress%20part%202_zpsevpkbny2.jpg

Fantastic work!!!! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!