What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    I fit into L's!!!
    And not plus size L's either. Normal people L's!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Excuse the sweaty grossness in the 2nd pic with the medal...but yesterday I completed my THIRD half marathon! This was my second time running the Cleveland Half and I improved my time by 16 min 16 sec over last year. It was humid and rainy too, I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to make it, let alone PR. :#

yp8ieilfdnkc.jpg
    jho53jrio1gn.jpg
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    JennyC123 wrote: »
    My husband and I went away for the weekend and our room had two double beds. I thought, for sure, we would be sleeping in separate beds. To my absolute delight, we both fit in one bed! We have a queen at home and I hadn't even noticed the amount of extra room we have since I've dropped almost 30 pounds. This made me feel so good!

We my wife and I notice this in are. Queen Bed at home. Thought we were get taking A KING SIZE nexttime!!! NO NEED! YES!!!!!!!!!
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    I have a couple today: I wore pants that I bought for my HIGH SCHOOL graduation. I'm coming up on my ten year reunion next year and may have worn them a bit in college but not much since. So excited about that.

Then Sunday, I played disc golf with some friends and although I throw like crap, the hiking and walking all over the course didn't totally kill me! I was tired, but no more than the rest of them :)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Who is awesome? That would be this girl!!!!! Today was only my second session working on bench press with the trainer, and guess what I was able to do? Go ahead, guess!! Remember, this was only the second time I've ever done this. I pressed 105 lb!!!! That's right! 1-0-5!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Excuse the sweaty grossness in the 2nd pic with the medal...but yesterday I completed my THIRD half marathon! This was my second time running the Cleveland Half and I improved my time by 16 min 16 sec over last year. It was humid and rainy too, I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to make it, let alone PR.

*High Five!* :D I'm about 6 weeks away from running my first half marathon in years. I can't wait!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Not feeling ridiculous in shorts this weekend. :D
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Excuse the sweaty grossness in the 2nd pic with the medal...but yesterday I completed my THIRD half marathon! This was my second time running the Cleveland Half and I improved my time by 16 min 16 sec over last year. It was humid and rainy too, I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to make it, let alone PR.

*High Five!* :D I'm about 6 weeks away from running my first half marathon in years. I can't wait!

Ahh exciting! Fingers crossed you have better weather!
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    I didn't go over my calorie limit for Saturday or Sunday. Usually I go way over because of what I am fixing for the family.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    dianahoo wrote: »
    In September 2011, my brother-in-law was badly injured at the Reno Air Races when one of the planes crashed into the crowd. He was in a coma for 6 weeks, and once he began to come out of the coma, he struggled hugely in trying to do even the simplest things, like sitting up on his own. As I watched him work so hard, I decided to take on a physical task that was a challenge for me. I wanted to honor his amazing attitude and commitment to becoming stronger by doing something that I had never been able to do -- and that was to do a pull-up. A few months later, he was beginning to lift small weights and to exercise regularly. I told him about my commitment to do a pull-up (I was still a long way away), and he challenged me to a race to see who could do one first. I agreed, convinced I would beat him. He was, after all, recovering from a serious brain injury and had also lost most of the fingers on one hand along with the loss of an eye. Happily, Bill managed to do his pull-up about 4 weeks later, in February 2012. Me on the other hand? I continued to struggle. But, I'm proud to announce that I finally did my pull-up about two weeks ago, and I've done several since then. I cried like a baby when I finally accomplished my goal. So, yes, it's a bit sad that it took me 2 1/2 years to do a pull-up, but it's one of my proudest accomplishments ever!

2.5yrs or not.....this is spectacular you enjoy that victory. Thats one of my main goals right now and im so far it doesnt seem possible. You and your brother are both amazing. :kissing_heart:
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Only on page 7 reading these but they all make me want to go home and try my "goal pile" Only problem is I KNOW they wont fit yet. Only 10-15lbs in out of 70-90 so the only clothing change is my current pants that were almost too small to squeeze my butt into now fit somewhat properly again. Ah well, something to look forward to someday.

You guys are all doing so amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    My co-worker told me that I looked like I have lost a lot of weight (so far only 4lbs). She said my face looks so much thinner!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    @epido, That IS awesome! I tried to bench that weight, for only 1 rep, last week and failed - darn it!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    I can fit into a size 8 pants.
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    I actually started running this weekend, out of my 5k walk I ran 1/4 of it!
    Aim to run at least half of it by end of July. I just don't want to injure myself. So far so good.
  • thereverie
    thereverie Posts: 57 Member
    I bought a fitted sheath dress for the first time in my life! Not sure I am confident enough to wear it out, but it was a victory all the same! :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    I lost 15 lbs of the 70 I'm aiming to lose. I'm blind as a bat and shower without my glasses on. Today I was in the shower and looked down and immediately got freaked out, thinking I saw some bugs on the shower floor. Took me a second to realize they were my toes! Haven't been able to see them over my belly in a LONG time. Will be a long time until I can see my actual feet, but I'll take this morning as a NSV![/quote

LOL - This is one of my favorite NSVs ever. I'm blind as a bat too, so I can sympathize with your plight. Can't say that I ever mistook my toes for bugs before, though. I am still sitting here laughing as I type! And, a big CONGRATS to you on your weight loss - great job!!
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    I went for lunch with my other half and chose a low calorie chicken and pasta dish over the burger and chips I would usually go for :)
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Cleaned my house before. Work.. Actual. In stress . Used to do this instead of gym as A lite workout. All still go to gym after work cause it was not like work at all! Body mind set MOTIVATION! !!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    I'm a cheapskate, so instead of buying another new belt (which I did 2 months ago), I just used a drill this morning to put another hole in my current belt. Helps to keep the pants from falling down in front of my students...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!