edited September 2015
    Options
    Whats nsv??

NSV = non-scale victory :)

• ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    athenawj wrote: »
    Two here: I wanted this cute dress that was on clearance at Dillard's. On a whim, I grabbed a size 10 to try on. I didn't think it would fit over my mom hips, but it fit perfectly! It's been a goal of mine to be able to buy dresses from there.

And since I only have 3 pounds left to lose, a couple of weeks ago I got a tattoo on my calf. I'd been wanting it for a few years, but decided to wait until I felt I was at the right size (I have one on my hip that I got when I was 18 that stretched when I gained weight). It's four birds, signifying my husband, me, and our two daughters. It looks great! :)

You and I share the same first name! Wow! How about that! The only other Athena I've ever know was my daughter!! Lol
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You and I share the same first name! Wow! How about that! The only other Athena I've ever know was my daughter!! Lol

Very cool! That brings the count of Athenas I've known about or met through my life to five, heh. Imagine my disappointment when my husband and I finally went on his dream trip to Greece three years ago. Chatting with a shopkeeper, I told her my name, and she said, "That's a very old name. No one uses that name anymore." I'd thought for sure there'd be a lot of Athenas in Greece of all places!
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The dress I got married in finally fits again! It's a little snug, but I'm okay with that right now! A few months ago, I tried to put it on, remembering it stretched and I couldn't even get an arm in.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked 7 miles, did an hour-long strength training class, and fit into my second-smallest existing item of clothing, for the first time in 6 years. It was a good day. Tiring, but good.

#1 smallest item of clothing, well... 20-30 pounds from now, maaaaybe I'll start thinking about trying to put that on... I hung onto it out of nostalgia more than anything else. It is so weird to think that it is not just possible, but even likely, that I will be able to actually wear it again. It is no longer just wishful thinking, but an achievable goal.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh, another one! My plantar has started to go away! It's not gone, not yet, but a few months ago it was really painful and now I hardly notice it.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Represented my Federal Department at the League of Latin American Citizens and performed so outstadingly that it took me an hour to leave the room and they asked me to present again in July.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Represented my Federal Department at the League of Latin American Citizens and performed so outstadingly that it took me an hour to leave the room and they asked me to present again in July.

Wow! Congratulations!!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    whatang wrote: »
    I started running on December 29th last year. I felt like a beached whale after Xmas so I just got dressed and went out. My first run, I got about a mile before almost exhaling a lung.

The first time I ran 5k - nothing official, just around the neighbourhood - it took me 34:40. I've kept running since then, slowly building up my stamina and pace. My usual run now is about 4 miles, sometimes a fair bit more, occasionally a bit less. I'm on track with my running goal for the year, but that's a different NSV for when I get there.

Last Saturday I did my first properly timed 5k, at the local parkrun. I was pretty pleased with a time of 27:08, but more importantly I really enjoyed myself. Getting up on a Saturday morning to run 3.1 miles in a park with a bunch of strangers in lycra was never my idea of a good time, but I loved it. 27:08 was a time I was quite happy with - my best unofficial time was 26:38. In particular, it gives me a good medium term goal of 25:00 to work towards over the next few months.

So today, the wife and I went back to parkrun again. I was optimistic I could do a little better, maybe around 26:30 or so, but had a bit of a twinge in my left knee that I thought might slow me down a bit. It didn't really matter though, I was just there to enjoy the run. I took it reasonably easy for the first couple of miles - although I do have a terrible habit of running ever so slightly faster than the person directly ahead of me, meaning I get quicker and quicker as I overtake people. After a mile the knee pain had disappeared entirely as my tendons loosened up.

With about half a mile to go, I was feeling strong so I kicked it up a notch and more or less went flat out to the finish. I was blowing HARD at the end but it felt great being able to push myself like that, and I actually felt like I had some more left in the tank. The way parkrun works you don't get your time immediately, they email you later in the day and put all the results on their website. So, no idea what my time was - I was thinking about 26:00-26:30 - but pretty happy, I waited for the wife to finish and off we went for (healthy!) bacon & eggs for breakfast.

A couple of hours later, I got the email with my time: 24:40.

Holy carp! Exactly 10 minutes quicker than my first 5k time back in January, and, incredibly, under 25 minutes - so much for my "medium term" goal! I've been buzzing all day since then.

PS. My wife improved her time from 29:57 last week to 29:01 this week. Not bad for someone who had major abdominal surgery in February. I am outrageously proud of her.

Brilliant brilliant brilliant for the both of you!

• AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ^^Congratulations!! Great work - both of you!

I am on Week 2 of Insanity. After Week 1, I have lost over 4 lbs and an inch off my waist. Yay! :)
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to hook my bra on the middle catch instead of the last catch, and last night when hubby and I went out for dinner was able to fit into my size 10 jeans (comfortably), something I have not been able to do for a long time. But the best NSV was having the server package up a full half of my meal and not feeling hungry.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Week 3 workout 1 of c25k done and even better turned the second 3minute run into 5 minutes!! I ran 5 minutes without stopping!!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    momar23 wrote: »
    Week 3 workout 1 of c25k done and even better turned the second 3minute run into 5 minutes!! I ran 5 minutes without stopping!!

Great job! Well done :smile:
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    joyce1129 wrote: »
    I was finally able to hook my bra on the middle catch instead of the last catch, and last night when hubby and I went out for dinner was able to fit into my size 10 jeans (comfortably), something I have not been able to do for a long time. But the best NSV was having the server package up a full half of my meal and not feeling hungry.

I've had the bra thing happen to me as well. Also love taking back leftovers for the next day.

I ended a squat challenge a few days ago (240 of them) and just been being lazy with exercise. I was doing some weights though. Anyways, today I started doing befitin90days program from youtube. Basically circuit training, weights and some mma moves. I keep coming back to it because I know it works. So, I did that today :) Also swam in the pool. My 90 days will end December 28th. Would have been the 27th but I took off the 16th since I wanted a break on my 28th birthday :) This program also has rest days which I like.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Well nuts....was hoping to figure this one out by reading thru the responses but I'm even more lost at the end....soooo yep..go ahead and throw out my lack of a brain and inquire as to what an NSV is???? Anyone??? Anyone?? NSV???
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Basic clothes nsv: my interview pants are no longer skin tight!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Well nuts....was hoping to figure this one out by reading thru the responses but I'm even more lost at the end....soooo yep..go ahead and throw out my lack of a brain and inquire as to what an NSV is???? Anyone??? Anyone?? NSV???

Non Scale Victory - If you read - this is asked/answered every few pages.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!