sigh

Options
why d I I get close to my goal & then sabatogge myself?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'll play your silly game; Why did you get close to your goal and then sabotage yourself?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but fix it. You sabotaged yourself so you can save yourself too.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Today is in the books, tomorrow is another day.
  • LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's ok, you just start over like anybody else who has had a slip up and move forward take it a day at a time and try your best you can do whatever you put your mind too :) Have a Good day!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey!!! Dont feel bad. I had nothing but junk and stayed nearly within my calories. It was fun but I feel terribly ill. I just got done looking at success stories and am ready for tomorrow to get back on track to feel better too!
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes look at success stories and get remotivated!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Why do you think? :]
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Make the next right choice.
    And get counselling to figure out what you are medicating with food?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    why do you think we know if you dont?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Fear of success?

Being tired of dieting?

Wanting to reward yourself for your hard work?

Because you're human?
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    We don't know as oyu are the one doing the sabotaging; so you tell us. Then you will be one step closer to fixing it!
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, you said tomorrow. Just do it. Don't let your dreams, be dreams.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I do it too................grrrrr................
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The question shouldn't be why, but HOW you are going to fix it.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's easier to eat bad food and be lazy than it is to prepare healthy food and make time to exercise.
    There is something comfortable for you about the extra weight.
    It all comes down to a choice, and everyone on here who is successful makes choices too.
    Make the right choices for awhile and see how you feel -- if you don't like it you can always go back to making the wrong ones. Good luck.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Fear of success?

Being tired of dieting?

Because you're human?

Success can be frightening. In a sense it adds responsibility.

What now???
    Can I maintain this success???
    How did it change my life???
    Etc...Etc...

I think that there is also the aspect of...did we obtain with this success (reaching goal weight) all of the things that we thought it would give us. Yes...we weigh less but are we healthier...more active...change our life style. Did we really learn to eat healthier...learn portion control? Can we walk further...run faster...left heavier?

I think sometimes that success can mask what we failed to do. Sure we look smaller...appears that we have accomplished great things...but did we really change anything? Did we change what caused us to gain the weight in the first place?

There is also that fear...maintaining is more difficult than losing.

OP...learn from what you call "sabotage" and move forward. You really haven't sabotaged yourself unless you give up and stop trying.

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Maybe because you were so close to goal and subconsciously thought - I can finish off any time and I deserve a break.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Fear of success?

Being tired of dieting?

Because you're human?

Success can be frightening. In a sense it adds responsibility.

What now???
    Can I maintain this success???
    How did it change my life???
    Etc...Etc...

I think that there is also the aspect of...did we obtain with this success (reaching goal weight) all of the things that we thought it would give us. Yes...we weigh less but are we healthier...more active...change our life style. Did we really learn to eat healthier...learn portion control? Can we walk further...run faster...left heavier?

I think sometimes that success can mask what we failed to do. Sure we look smaller...appears that we have accomplished great things...but did we really change anything? Did we change what caused us to gain the weight in the first place?

There is also that fear...maintaining is more difficult than losing.

OP...learn from what you call "sabotage" and move forward. You really haven't sabotaged yourself unless you give up and stop trying.

For me, there's the little voice that says "You're 5 lbs. from goal weight, and you suspect you still won't be happy with yourself even when you're at a 'perfect' weight. If you never reach goal, then you'll never find out that it isn't because you're fat that you hate yourself. You'll still hate yourself at goal weight because being fat isn't what's 'wrong' with you. So eat that cookie, don't reach goal weight, and you can go on lying to yourself that being overweight is the reason you are single/can't get a promotion/aren't happy/daddy never loved you/etc."

But I'm introspective, and I think about that kind of thing. I'm not saying that's the OP or the OP's reason.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just because you eat too much one day doesn't mean you sabotaged yourself. Just get back to it the next day.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    For me, there's the little voice that says "You're 5 lbs. from goal weight, and you suspect you still won't be happy with yourself even when you're at a 'perfect' weight. If you never reach goal, then you'll never find out that it isn't because you're fat that you hate yourself. You'll still hate yourself at goal weight because being fat isn't what's 'wrong' with you. So eat that cookie, don't reach goal weight, and you can go on lying to yourself that being overweight is the reason you are single/can't get a promotion/aren't happy/daddy never loved you/etc."

All too true for many of us.