Is anyone found Advocare?

Options
i have been looking into this and was curious about it.

Replies

• dm1372
    dm1372 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Had a friend do it. He was extremely obese and trying to get healthy and used it at a "jump start" under the strict guidance of a counselor. He lost quite a bit of weight on it, but it's really difficult to do- you can't eat these specific things for a week or 2, then you can't eat these other things but have to eat something else over here. Just seemed over complicated to me. And it's really expensive.
  • Ahunley
    Ahunley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started it last Tuesday and have lost 6 1/2 pounds. It is a bit expensive but its cheaper than eating out all the time, which is what I was doing.
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I found Advocare and became a distributor for a while. I realized I could get the exact same results without putting overpriced supplements in my body.
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I really like Advocare. A friend who was my trainer started me on it last year. I don't purchase from him, but I buy from Avon (yes, they sell it at the stores). I like the Meal Replacements and the Spark. It has helped me so much. Recommend this product to anyone.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My coworkers were just talking about it today. You don't have to buy a whole system or program to use it. If one product in particular looks good, you can buy it alone. If you don't get stuck in the whole MLM thing, I'm sure it's just like any other supplement brand.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It is a diet supplement therefore, it is not regulated by the FDA. That means there is no telling what is exactly in all those pills that you pop into your mouth all day. The FDA has tested diet supplements and found many contain drugs that the FDA has taken off the market because of serious side effects like stroke and heart problems. These products do nothing for you that a caloric deficit can't do. Initial weigh lost will be water weight, so a big jump at first is expected in any type of weight loss program.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I tried the shakes. Too many carbs for me. I get hungry again fast if I have too many carbs. Plus, it contains sucralose, which I do not like (taste-wise and health-wise).
    Spiru-tein powder (unsweetened) blended with almond milk (unsweetened) does a much better job for me for fewer calories.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My best friend has done it several times and I generally just shut my mouth whenever she brings it up or brings up cleanses. It's another overpriced product that has "herbal remedies" and Spark. I took Spark one time just to play along. It was miserable. Save the hundreds of dollars you'd spend on it and just pick up some healthy eating tips.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You got this, OP!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I support you, OP. 100%. You can do it!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

Why
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Why

Because being supportive is nice!!
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Why

Supporting the op wasting money is nice.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Why

The important thing is that I'm supportive.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

Why

The important thing is that I'm supportive.

I 100% don't support you supporting Op
  • lexiJ95
    lexiJ95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Advocare! This is the first line that has actually helped me lose weight. I am down 23" and 22# in about two months.
    You definitely have to dedicate yourself to a healthier lifestyle but if you follow the plan, the products work!
    Ordering through a distributer who care about helping other people get healthy is a must as well.
    Best of luck and I hope you give Advocare a shot!
  • discnjh
    discnjh Posts: 33 Member
    Options

wrote: »

So.... Yes?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    lexiJ95 wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE Advocare! This is the first line that has actually helped me lose weight. I am down 23" and 22# in about two months.
    You definitely have to dedicate yourself to a healthier lifestyle but if you follow the plan, the products work!
    Ordering through a distributer who care about helping other people get healthy is a must as well.
    Best of luck and I hope you give Advocare a shot!

As of this moment, you have 8 posts, all of them gushing about advocare. Did you come to MFP just to push people onto it, or what?