The fitness photographer

Options

Replies

• greenstar25
    greenstar25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is one hot body you're having now! Congratulations ;-)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Wowee you look incredible! Congratulations :smiley:
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Nice to hear such positive comments, rather than my usual "You work out too much" or other bs. Some people just don't understand 'life style'.
  • BeatriceCroacia
    BeatriceCroacia Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    how did you put on 'healthy' weight without increasing bf? I suppose you increased calorie intake with extra gym but I just want to make sure of that
    And woooow you without the shirt - illegal
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Great job. The after pic looks amazing! You should be very proud of yourself!!
    My parents are photographers also ( my family held the contract for photography for the ms america pageants for almost 20 yrs. Including the Ariel coverage of the parade) so early on in life, I was interested in photography also . but never got into it as a profession .
    Anyway, good job, you look fantastic!
  • sscarmack
    edited September 2015
    Options
    how did you put on 'healthy' weight without increasing bf? I suppose you increased calorie intake with extra gym but I just want to make sure of that
    And woooow you without the shirt - illegal
    I still eat Donuts, Oreos, Ice cream, Pizza, and don't get me started on Peanut Butter :)

I track my macros religiously. As Long as my fats never get above 30% I'm good.

I'm around 2,750 calories a day now. Some days I'll go over (3,200) and others I don't even get close (1,850). As long as at the end of the week my calories are on point as are my macros, I don't care what I eat.

Its harder to eat healthy (chicken) and hit your calories goals, as a chicken breast is usually only 120 calories. Some days I eat up to four breasts a day, seriously.

I mix up steak and lean beaf in there once a week, maybe twice.

My go to side is broccoli. Sometimes I eat a whole bag by myself in one sitting (3 1/2 servings).

I also try to drink at least 1 gallon of water daily, 1.5 recommended.

Okay, I'm rambling now. Lets see if I can sum it up.

Watch your macros, 50/30/20 (C/P/F) is my goal. But it usually ends up around (55/20/25).

I don't do any cardio, as I'm trying to put on as much mass as possible.

I workout 5-6 days a week and I'm on a 10 week program.

1-2 weeks - Light weight, high rep. (10-15 reps)
    3-4 weeks - Supersets and drop sets
    5-6 weeks - High weight, low reps (4-6 reps)
    7-8 weeks - Light weight, high reps until failure.
    9 week - light recovery week, super light weights.
    10 week - Max out (one rep, don't forget to warm up)

Of course this isn't exact science and it can change depending how my body feels.

I split up body parts by day
    Monday - Chest/Tr
    Tuesday - Back/Bi
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Arms
    Friday - Chest
    Saturday - Legs
    Sunday - Rest

Just because this works for me, does not mean it will work for everyone.

My goal is to pack on as much mass as possible.

If you have any questions just let me know.
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Great job. The after pic looks amazing! You should be very proud of yourself!!
    My parents are photographers also ( my family held the contract for photography for the ms america pageants for almost 20 yrs. Including the Ariel coverage of the parade) so early on in life, I was interested in photography also . but never got into it as a profession .
    Anyway, good job, you look fantastic!
    Thats awesome about your parents! Thats high profile job, I don't think I could handle that stress lol. Its just something I have a passion for and if I make a few extra bucks doing it, I'm good :) But it is started to grow, word of mouth is a powerful thing. I don't advertise or anything and I average 8-10 weddings a year.

Thank you for the kind words :)
  • BeatriceCroacia
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. You helped me a lot. I've been working out for more than year and half really hard. I see progress but what you did in less than a year is impressive. I might steal your plan haha thanks again
  • sscarmack
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. You helped me a lot. I've been working out for more than year and half really hard. I see progress but what you did in less than a year is impressive. I might steal your plan haha thanks again
    Eating big + Lifting heavy = Growth (Bro science)

Apps, apps, apps.

MFP (Obviously)
    BodySpace (Which is bodybuilding.com) I live by this site. Has helped me out tremendously.
    FitBit (Track my steps, any others)

I highly recommend bb.com to anyone who is into fitness. They have programs for just about everything, losing fat, building muscle, male, female, beginner, advanced. Its crazy.
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow your hot
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Gym Rat : 1
    Haters: 0

Seriously, go you! Obviously the gym workouts agree with you and your lifestyle. You are happier and feeling better. Your hard work has definitely paid off. Such an inspiration! It is amazing what a difference a year can make. Congrats on your success! And your outlook. Such a positive attitude. Love it!

And....you look amazing. I'm stuck on the shoulders and pecs. That difference is INCREDIBLE.

• sscarmack
    Options
    Wow you look great!
    ldtamika31 wrote: »
    Wow your hot
    Thank you both :wink:
  • sscarmack
    Options
    Gym Rat : 1
    Haters: 0

Seriously, go you! Obviously the gym workouts agree with you and your lifestyle. You are happier and feeling better. Your hard work has definitely paid off. Such an inspiration! It is amazing what a difference a year can make. Congrats on your success! And your outlook. Such a positive attitude. Love it!

And....you look amazing. I'm stuck on the shoulders and pecs. That difference is INCREDIBLE.

Wow, I appreciate the extremely kind words! I sometimes can't believe how small I use to be, and I always thought I was "ripped" bc I had abs and all I can do is laugh now.

Thank you so much :)

I couldn't be happier with my progress thus far, however I am no where near complete :wink:
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    @sscarmack Amazing! My fiancé keeps asking me why he would go to the gym when he doesn't need to lose weight. I try to explain you can go to the gym to gain weight too. He wants to gain weight but doesn't understand that process. And I'm the person who needs to lose weight so I just don't know what to tell him.

Congratulations though! You look amazing! And I bet you're happier too! Keep up the awesome work and keep inspiring!
  • sscarmack
    Options
    jrevis001 wrote: »
    @sscarmack Amazing! My fiancé keeps asking me why he would go to the gym when he doesn't need to lose weight. I try to explain you can go to the gym to gain weight too. He wants to gain weight but doesn't understand that process. And I'm the person who needs to lose weight so I just don't know what to tell him.

Congratulations though! You look amazing! And I bet you're happier too! Keep up the awesome work and keep inspiring!

J, the best thing you can do is show him my, or anyone who's similar to our situation. As far as trying to gain weight. Show him some before and afters. And I love sharing my process. And would be more than happy to talk to him.

Best of luck to your journey!

Eat big, lift big, get big - Bro science haha
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sscarmack
    Options
    chesnity3 wrote: »
    Great job!

Thank you Chesnity!
  • willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Your pictures perfectly highlight your hard work.
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. If people could have "before" pics like these, it might motivate them to the "after" pics. You could expand your business by helping people this way.
  • sscarmack
    Options
    willisda wrote: »
    Amazing job! Your pictures perfectly highlight your hard work.
    Thank you very much :)
    Kennesaw24 wrote: »
    Beautiful. If people could have "before" pics like these, it might motivate them to the "after" pics. You could expand your business by helping people this way.
    Great minds think alike. I've actually done a couple already, people are blown away when you actually have the right gear to get the job done. Compared to a mirror Selfie.

Thanks for the kind words :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!