21 Day fix, need help!!

Options
I am starting the 21 Day Fix this coming Monday, and I just had a few questions about the calorie groups . I did the equation and based off of that I am supposed to be following the container system for the 2,100-2,300 Calorie group. How am I supposed to lose off of that? I am fairly sedentery . Beachbody AND Mfp says to eat around 1200-1400 a day.. so should I just go with that calorie group? Will I still lose weight? Help!

Replies

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    CiCO. 21 days? Thats not much time to lose. Im not sure what this fad is or what your trying to accomplish in that time frame. Try following what MFP is showing for you as far as calories wise. Watch your success happen when you follow it close. Wish you well in your goal.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Don't waste money on that which can be better acheived for free. And don't post the same topic in multiple forums.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    CiCO. 21 days? Thats not much time to lose. Im not sure what this fad is or what your trying to accomplish in that time frame. Try following what MFP is showing for you as far as calories wise. Watch your success happen when you follow it close. Wish you well in your goal.

21 Days Fix is a rip-off of Weight Watchers old exchange program.

For your daily calories you get colorful (expensive) Tupperware. Fill xx # of containers....and your calories are in the zone. This program is super easy to copy.....instructions are all over Pinterest.

• siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    In case you're 6 foot tall, 2300 a day would put you at a deficit of 0 calories a day. You wouldn't even lose a pound in 21 days. Ditch the fad diet and listen to MFP for longtime weight loss.
  • a_bogan2
    a_bogan2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To everyone, the 21 Day Fix, isn't guaranteeing you any thing within the 21 Day Fix. The main point is to efforessly teach how to portion control. I DID follow this to a T a few months back and did lose weight, however I got side tracked and some days wasn't able to track everything or ate too much of one thing because I was unsure of portioning.

After thousands of reviews on this site, blog forums and personal reviews, this program has not had one bad one. What works for you doesn't work for everyone else.

Also, I got the answer to my question. Because you are clean eating ( no processed junk , pop, etc) your calories at the end of the day will add up to no where near the amount that they place you at. Thanks!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Dear- just because you are "clean eating" doesn't mean you're eating at a defecit. Put your info into MFP, get a food scale, and weigh all your foods. That is how you lose weight.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    There is an active group here on MFP who does this program who would probably be able to answer any questions you have: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers
  • mantium999
    Options
    a_bogan2 wrote: »
    To everyone, the 21 Day Fix, isn't guaranteeing you any thing within the 21 Day Fix. The main point is to efforessly teach how to portion control. I DID follow this to a T a few months back and did lose weight, however I got side tracked and some days wasn't able to track everything or ate too much of one thing because I was unsure of portioning.

After thousands of reviews on this site, blog forums and personal reviews, this program has not had one bad one. What works for you doesn't work for everyone else.

Also, I got the answer to my question. Because you are clean eating ( no processed junk , pop, etc) your calories at the end of the day will add up to no where near the amount that they place you at. Thanks!

This post is evidence that the Fix doesn't actually teach a person how dietary consumption affects weight. Learning the principals of CICO and how to eat accordingly on the other hand does. And does so at no cost.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    The only thing that genuinely teaches portion control is a food scale.
  • a_bogan2
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Dear- just because you are "clean eating" doesn't mean you're eating at a defecit. Put your info into MFP, get a food scale, and weigh all your foods. That is how you lose weight.

Many people who follow the 21 day fix, also use MFP to log the foods their eating. From countless people, the foods on the approved list are low calorie or zero calorie foods, as well the select spices and dressing that you make. After the end of logging everything, their calories and macros measure spot on to what MFP suggests. The calorie brackets just exist so you are making sure that you're getting ENOUGH of each container a day.
  • a_bogan2
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    There is an active group here on MFP who does this program who would probably be able to answer any questions you have: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

Thank you !!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    What is a zero calorie food? Can you leave me a list? There is like no such thing as a "zero calorie food"
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Many people who follow the 21 day fix, also use MFP to log the foods their eating. From countless people, the foods on the approved list are low calorie or zero calorie foods, as well the select spices and dressing that you make. After the end of logging everything, their calories and macros measure spot on to what MFP suggests. The calorie brackets just exist so you are making sure that you're getting ENOUGH of each container a day.

Are you saying that someone on the 2,100-2,300 calorie plan will eat much less than that? If so, I'm not sure why you are so convinced you won't lose on that level of the plan.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Who told you that?
    A calorie is a calorie is a calorie when it comes to weight loss/gain/maintenance.

Are you a sales rep?

• WickedZombieQueen
    Options
    I bought into the 21 day fix.... While the containers are great for showing portion control the plan itself can be achieved for free. I can tell you the measurements for each container as well as send you the foods list. Seriously though it's all basic CICO and common sense. You are also supposed to follow the workout DVDs for the entire 21 days.

I would save your money and do it on your own. I did loose weight on the program using the 1400 calorie range I found I was often a bit hungry. I am still loosing weight just following the calories suggested by MFP and am much happier and quite often full at 1550 calories per day (more if I get an exercise in)

Long story short - I paid a mint for rainbow colored containers
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What is a zero calorie food? Can you leave me a list? There is like no such thing as a "zero calorie food"
    Broccoli is a negative calorie food. It take more calories to burn it than it contains
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    plumcrze1 wrote: »
    I bought into the 21 day fix.... While the containers are great for showing portion control the plan itself can be achieved for free. I can tell you the measurements for each container as well as send you the foods list. Seriously though it's all basic CICO and common sense. You are also supposed to follow the workout DVDs for the entire 21 days.

I would save your money and do it on your own. I did loose weight on the program using the 1400 calorie range I found I was often a bit hungry. I am still loosing weight just following the calories suggested by MFP and am much happier and quite often full at 1550 calories per day (more if I get an exercise in)

Long story short - I paid a mint for rainbow colored containers

This^

Pinterest for free 21 Day Fix container measurements & calorie ranges.

Weight Watchers probably found their exchanges too easy to copy also....now they replaced it with a convoluted points system.

https://www.google.com/search?q=21+day+fix+container+sizes&biw=1344&bih=650&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQsARqFQoTCJ_5h4jD_scCFY4DkgoduUEJdg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I would honestly ditch the BB calorie goal and go with MFP's numbers. I've done several programs, and the dietary recommendations that I fell into were complete rubbish. I had much better luck using MFP to calculate the calorie goal, then eating back a portion of my exercise calories (which I calculated with a HRM, and was not perfect but was close enough that I was losing consistently).
  • mantium999
    Options
    jakkrk wrote: »
    Broccoli is a negative calorie food. It take more calories to burn it than it contains

Strong first post.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    jakkrk wrote: »

Strong first post.

Beat me to it.
This discussion has been closed.