So we are all doing this for health.. But what is your "vanity" reason?

Options

Replies

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for health reasons mainly but I would be lying if i said there were no vanity reasons behind it...
    1. I want to have my partners be proud to be seen with me (not they have ever said they aren't...but in my mind i am always the "fat one" in parties)
    2. I want to be able to walk down the street and not have people give me the stink eye as they look at my body
    3. I want my mother to finally get off my *kitten* about my weight
    4. I want to be able to wear a bikini at the beach and not feel like a beached whale...
    5. I want my belly to not hang down over other things that it shouldn't! (*blush*)
    6. I want to be able to shop in the smaller sizes not the Plus size stores
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    To look hot on my wedding day ;)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    to weigh less than my husband for the first time since I've known him. (Unfortunately he's been losing weight as well).
    To wear regular size clothes again. Not that much ever fits well as I'm always between sizes no matter what size I am
    To weigh less (and maintain) than when I got married ten years ago.
    No thigh chaffing when walking around in swimsuit
  • surmii
    surmii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To fit into my size 10 clothes!!
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Although I'm well past the point in my life that I should care, I'm thinner then all the mean girls who were jerks to me when I was chubby in high school! and I've managed to stay that way for almost 10 years.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I want to buy clothing in the "regular" section.

I used to dance. I still see the edge of beauty in the turn of my ankle and I want it back.
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wear the cute clothes in the smaller sizes, look great without all the shapewear trying to hold stuff in
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing it for health reasons. I'm doing it because I looked fat in my wedding pictures. That person doesn't look like me. I've lost enough now that when I look at the pictures from our cruise a couple months ago, I look like myself again. I'm not at my 'target range' exactly, but if I don't hit it, I'm ok with that because I look and feel a lot more like myself than I have in a long time.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For me, two words: Crop Top! I've ALWAYS wanted to wear one!!!! ;)
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The main reason I decided to start losing weight was for my son. (Who wants a mom that can't run around and play without huffing and puffing?? No one I know, lol) Since losing a little over 43 pounds, I'm still quite a ways away from my goal but I've noticed that I'm beginning to look healthier and I love that! It's definitely motivating me to keep going--I want to be the hottest mom on the block!! :)
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Serious reason - be a healthy example for my sons
    Vanity reason - look good naked
  • hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am decently pretty when my face isn't behind all this fat. I have great cheekbones and I miss seeing that face. Photographs don't match how I picture myself.

I want to not wear the last size possible before plus size at some stores. I want to roll with my jujitsu classmates and know I'm doing something out of technique, not just being larger than them or stronger due to size.
  • shawnreisner
    shawnreisner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just want to lose enough weight that when I brush my teeth my boobs don't jiggle.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I only did it for vanity reasons- no others. I was at the top of my BMI range, now I'm more in the middle to lower end. I just like how I look better when I weigh 140 vs 155.

With menopause around the corner though I could be preventing health problems down the road and I'm all for that!
  • rudyk58
    rudyk58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted those little back dimples. Girls larger than me have noticeable ones, maybe it's just not possible for my body. I know it's likely I will never achieve this. I'm down to 133 from 149 pounds, and I only have about 8-10 more left to loose, but I'm hopeful they will show up!
  • 71480kf
    71480kf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mutatedpie wrote: »
    So it's pretty safe to say that most of us are here to gain a better understanding of health or maintain our good health. But is there another reason that you aren't so quick to admit?

Maybe it's feeling more confident naked, or maybe you like how certain things start to look (I love clavicles way too much).

So if I had to chose my one vanity reason, it would probably be my upcoming wedding in March. Although my fiancé obviously finds me attractive, I really want to "wow" him in my wedding dress.

• 71480kf
    71480kf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cute clothes....sighhhhhhhh
  • hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    71480kf wrote: »
    Cute clothes....sighhhhhhhh

Hey, I don't know what your style is of course but there are lots of 'advancements' in cute plus size stuff! Modcloth, Simplybe.com, etc. Just in case you want some stuff to feel good in while you lose weight. I actually love my wardrobe, it was an excuse to not diet for me for a long time (like I didn't want them to be too big and not fit and lose the ability to wear those cute dresses).

I think when I lose a bunch I'm going to spend on having the favorites taken in so I can still wear those prints. I've invested a lot of money in my awesome clothes!

• Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of thigh high black vinyl 6 inch heel boots I bought for my Black Canary cosplay 2 years ago. Right now they only zip halfway up my thigh. I'm already zipping them up a little higher, but I can't wait for the day they finally fit.
  • Jenn_M_76
    Jenn_M_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to be the hot grandma. B)