Drinks?!

Options
does adding apple cider vinegar to any drink make it better for you? If so, how? What are good drinks for when you want to lose weight but aren't just plain water and don't have a lot of carbs?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Any type of booze and screw the carbs if it fits in my calorie goals. I should say Sunday through Thursday if it fits in my calories goals. I eschew all calories goals on the weekend in order to fit in unlimited drinking.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    t_harp112 wrote: »
    does adding apple cider vinegar to any drink make it better for you? If so, how? What are good drinks for when you want to lose weight but aren't just plain water and don't have a lot of carbs?

Have you tried Redd's Apple Ale? It's purty good :) The apples are fermented.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Solid answer
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar-actual vinegar from apples thought to have medicinal properties. I don't think the OP was referring to Cider.

A lot of people suggest a few TBSPs a day. If you can stomach it, can't hurt I guess, but acck.
  • t_harp112
    t_harp112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Any type of booze and screw the carbs if it fits in my calorie goals. I should say Sunday through Thursday if it fits in my calories goals. I eschew all calories goals on the weekend in order to fit in unlimited drinking.

Sorry guys but I'm not old enough to drink but thank you for the input lol
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Your profile says you're 30 . . .
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Your profile says you're 30 . . .

LOL!
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Why would you add vinegar to your beverages? Love yourself.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    The only benefit of adding apple cider vinegar to your drinks is that it will make you feel smug. :)

My favourite low-calorie drink is sparkling mineral water.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    The only benefit of adding apple cider vinegar to your drinks is that it will make you feel smug. :)

And possibly nauseated. :sick:

• jwallner04
    jwallner04 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I make tea, usually flavored and add apple cider vinegar and some ginger. I enjoy the drink and don't taste the vinegar or ginger to much.

• t_harp112
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

And possibly nauseated. :sick:

My favourite low-calorie drink is sparkling mineral water.
    moontyrant wrote: »
    Why would you add vinegar to your beverages? Love yourself.
    I actually don't think it tastes that bad

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NO.

Try adding strawberries, lemon, cucumber or oranges to your water.
  • t_harp112
    Options

No. It doesn't make it better for you.
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    NO.

Try adding strawberries, lemon, cucumber or oranges to your water.

Thank you
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

LOL...no....

i drink a lot of flavored sparkling water (La Croix) and iced tea. i also drink a lot of "infused" water using various things like cucumber or various fruits, etc.
  • t_harp112
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

LOL...no....

i drink a lot of flavored sparkling water (La Croix) and iced tea. i also drink a lot of "infused" water using various things like cucumber or various fruits, etc.

Omg i bought la croix the other day and I thought it was nasty and dry tasting!! Lol
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Do you like coconut water? Just look for a low sugar option. Yogi has a blueberry slim tea I like and I'm not even a tea drinker.

You can also juice, just make sure you use low sugar ingredients. Or Freshii has a great juice program.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    If you like apple cider vinegar add it to whatever you like it in.
    Or drink it by itself if you want to.

But it does not have any magical properties or make anything else have magical properties.

If I want a low calorie drink, I drink plain water, unsweetened coffee ( dash of milk does give it a few calories) or Pepsi Max.
  • t_harp112
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    Do you like coconut water? Just look for a low sugar option. Yogi has a blueberry slim tea I like and I'm not even a tea drinker.

You can also juice, just make sure you use low sugar ingredients. Or Freshii has a great juice program.
    If you like apple cider vinegar add it to whatever you like it in.
    Or drink it by itself if you want to.

But it does not have any magical properties or make anything else have magical properties.

If I want a low calorie drink, I drink plain water, unsweetened coffee ( dash of milk does give it a few calories) or Pepsi Max.

Thank you guys but I'm sorry I don't really like coconut water and I can't drink soda but I thought Pepsi max wasn't the best for you anyways