I want pizza!

Options
2»

Replies

• usraindrop
    Options
    :happy: I just started this yesterday and my family was given a LaRosa's gift card for Christmas. My kids wanted to use it today for dinner. I love pizza!!! We ordered the large lite topper....does anyone know how to find out what the calorie info is for this? I'm sure it's still probably through the roof but I didn't have my usual breadsticks with it and I drank water.....I have to start somewhere right?
  • Robstam11
    Robstam11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    usraindrop

You can always Google LaRosa's andsee if they have a website that list nutrituinal info. If its a chain, I often go to www.dwlz.com got this website from a friend at WW and it lists alot of menu items for alot of different restaurants.

Tammy
  • whim
    whim Posts: 11
    Options
    Here's a recipe I use when I'm having a pizza craving that I posted on my website brotherswhim.com

Quick and easy mini pizzas:

Ingredients:

1 Whole grain english muffin

1 packet of weight watchers shredded cheese (or a small amount of shredded cheese)

2 Tbsp tomato paste

Here’s how you put it together:

Toast the english muffin. Place the toasted halves on a dish and spread 1 tbsp tomato paste on each side. Sprinkle on a bit of cheese. Nuke for 45 seconds. Let cool and enjoy! Around 220 calories, 28g carbs, 7g fat, and 13g protein.
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    Mmmm I love pizza. Homemade seems the way to go.
  • caejde
    caejde Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We love pizza too and we usually make our own either making a whole wheat crust or just a white crust-just depends. Plus, we make our own sauce as well. And we've also made pizzas out of English muffins. It's fun to make them.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza is a lot better for you
    esp if you make your dough

The thinner you make/order your crust the better
    the calories are in the dough and cheese, and of course dont go about getting a meat lovers with everything or you are just punishing your body
    So avoid deep dish/pan pizzas,
    a regular thin crust cheese or one topping shouldnt tip the scales, just know your portions!

don't starve yourself of your fav. foods, just moderate the portions you have
  • RMONTGOMERY
    Options
    Oh great, now pizza is stuck in my mind, haha.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Also, you can buy wheat french bread, or wheat poboy buns, and add a little tom sauce, reduced or fat free cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbly! Its awesome with some precooked chicken pieces with red onions!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I love pizza! Tonight we had company and we got Pizza Hut...I did good and ate a turkey sub from Subway instead. Boy did it smell good though. I have made pizza on the flat out bread before...pretty yummy (and the kiddos liked it too!).

Yup, I've used the FlatOut bread too. Lowfat or Skim cheese, turkey pepperoni, lots and lots of veggies! Pretty darned good. Besides the flatbread, you can use english muffins like other people have said, or pita bread. Mmmmmm pizza pockets in pita bread... Super nummy!
  • greatginew
    Options
    Well, it seems I'm some sort of freak of nature... I don't like pizza! HOWEVER, I absolutely LOVE McDs fries! Everynow & again I will treat myself to Fry Friday; of course that's only if I've been very good about my cardio thru the entire wk. I find it very difficult to get out of bed @ 4am 2 do my early am cardio, but I know it's a great way to burn fat, so I really try - then I'll eat a fry! LOL