Do you own a veggie spiralizer?

isyvanek
isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
I want to purchase a spiralizer. I spent a lot of time on Amazon today looking at the gazillions of spiral slicers/zoodle makers available.

One gal I know has a simple little Veggetti and seems to like it. A co-worker has the bigger table top Vegetti. She didn't like the little one because she had a lot of "left over veggie" and was afraid she'd grate her fingers.

Please tell me what brand/type of spiralizer you have and how you like it.

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    I have the Paderno Spiralizer. Solid, multiple blades and no chance of cutting fingers!
  • LindaSmith108
    LindaSmith108 Posts: 19 Member
    I have the small Vegetti. I got it from Walmart. I love it! I have a small family (just my husband, my daughter and I). Its just the right size for our needs. Originally we were using spaghetti squash to replace pasta but we like zoodles much better and they have less carbs. The only problem was when I tried to spiralize a yellow squash. It was a little bigger on one end so I cut it to fit but it had bigger seeds inside. It didn't come out as well as zucchini, it was still edible just not as nice looking. I've seen the Pro model in Shoprite.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    I have the hand held vegetti and I use it often. I love it but I am the only one who eats veggie noodles so it works for my needs. If you have any arthritis it may be difficult to use. I just saw the table top one and I must say I am considering it.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    My mom has the Paderno 4 blade Spiralizer. She's 100% obsessed with it. I'm not interested in it (I'm an awful picky eater), but I'm pretty impressed with how uniformly the vegetables come out. The clean up is pretty easy too. She eats zucchini noodles just about every night now, or a cucumber noodle salad for lunch, or both.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    I have one, but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Someday maybe? not convinced vege noodles will be as satisfying as actual pasta, but we'll see :-)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    My son saw an infomercial on TV for one and wants it. ( I'm not big on these products as I believe in eating real pasta, but using portion control and moderation) but since my son wants one, I will give it a try. I think I'll go with the small one ( I think my son wants it because he thinks he will be able to shred apart various food items with it . he's 10 so any shredding or destruction is cool to him lol )
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    xstephnz wrote: »
    I have one, but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Someday maybe? not convinced vege noodles will be as satisfying as actual pasta, but we'll see :-)

Nothing can replace pasta. But I add it to my pasta so I don't eat as much pasta.
  • TrailBlazzinMN
    TrailBlazzinMN Posts: 509 Member
    I have a cheap little handheld one. Works good for zucchini. Not sure about harder vegetables like sweet potatoes.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    I have the table top Veggeti. I love it!
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    xstephnz wrote: »

We use ours to replace potatoes. Spiralize some veggies add salt bake on a cookie sheet. Mix with potatoes that are also spiralized, if you like.

Osric
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Get the paderno. It's $30 and well worth it. I've used mine about 3 times a week for 3 years and it's still going strong. I've also bought 4 as gifts for other people.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    If you're looking for recipes, http://inspiralized.com/
    Is a website full of only spiralized vefetable recipes. It's amazing!
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Thanks so much for all the great input everyone! I really appreciate all your help!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Bowsergirl wrote: »
    My mom has the Paderno 4 blade Spiralizer. She's 100% obsessed with it. I'm not interested in it (I'm an awful picky eater), but I'm pretty impressed with how uniformly the vegetables come out. The clean up is pretty easy too. She eats zucchini noodles just about every night now, or a cucumber noodle salad for lunch, or both.

I picked up one in a store last week and could not figure how it opened up. Nice quality design and the storage for the cutters. If I can find space in my kitchen, I may get one.

• ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    I dont!! But I own a blender. ..and I also have knives!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I dont!! But I own a blender. ..and I also have knives!!

Wow you are entering the real world LOL LOL LOL ....now he is ready to be a chef and cook me dinner :p
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    I use a Julienne Peeler and works fine - no chopped fingers (yet)!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I have the vegetti and I hate it. Doesn't work on thicker veggies, and it's a pain to clean (have to use a toothpick to get all the stuff out of the blades). Much rather just use zucchini slices...
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    I want one. Might not need one, but I love gadgets. Anyhow.... Should I just buy a vegetti or spend more in a fancier one. I think Costco has a Westmark? Like a Paderno.... I would like to use more than zucchini. My friend swears by her vegetti but doesn't cook much ...