I jog/walked!

Options
i got up, got outside, ran, walked, found two sets of stairs and went up and down them 10 times, sweated, challenged myself and DID IT!

Go me.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well done! Feels great doesn't it?

11 next time? ;)
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :smile:
  • Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

11 next time? ;)

I was thinking 15!!! It feels incredible.
  • Crochet180
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    Fantastic! :smile:

Why thank you're very kind.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Crochet180 wrote: »
    i got up, got outside, ran, walked, found two sets of stairs and went up and down them 10 times, sweated, challenged myself and DID IT!

Go me.

BOOM

• verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    DONT U WANT THAT FEEL TO STAY 4 EVA
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options

11 next time? ;)

Great job. Don't loose the momentum but try not to over do it.

BTW - Your cat looks just like my former cat Rocco (Rocco died this year at the ripe old age of 18).

16k1vw8p37d5.jpg

• Crochet180
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

11 next time? ;)

Great job. Don't loose the momentum but try not to over do it.

BTW - Your cat looks just like my former cat Rocco (Rocco died this year at the ripe old age of 18).

16k1vw8p37d5.jpg

Rocco was clearly a magnificent cat. Here are my three in my garden yesterday afternoon. My avatar is a friend's cat who loves to sit on a stool in this rather inelegant manner! 3g5iiqcq3y26.jpg
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !!! That is an awesome accomplishment !! You Rock !!!!
  • Crochet180
    Options
    FitToBeKim wrote: »

Thanks, I ramped up the stairs part of my run on Sunday which left me a bit sore yesterday so I stuck to three 30 min walks. Today I have a run annex after work. This is so exciting, I never thought I'd be running (well lollopping) at 53!!!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    FitToBeKim wrote: »

Thanks, I ramped up the stairs part of my run on Sunday which left me a bit sore yesterday so I stuck to three 30 min walks. Today I have a run annex after work. This is so exciting, I never thought I'd be running (well lollopping) at 53!!!
    I'm the same lol started long walks then thought I can run this, 3 months later I'm running 4 miles a day. .I'm 47 wish I'd done it years ago lol. ☺well done
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Love to see progress and motivation like that!

It is a long run so settle in for the long haul!

Way to go!

• Crochet180
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying the challenge of each run. And now I've signed up for a charity 10k run at the end of January, I must be bonkers!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm 53 too. I'm in the middle of week 4 of C25K... so here's to 53 year olds taking up running!

Oh... editing to add... 53 year olds who are into fiber arts. I love to knit. I started out with crochet, but my arthritic wrists aren't too fond of that these days.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I understand that feeling completely!!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Crochet180
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm 53 too. I'm in the middle of week 4 of C25K... so here's to 53 year olds taking up running!

Oh... editing to add... 53 year olds who are into fiber arts. I love to knit. I started out with crochet, but my arthritic wrists aren't too fond of that these days.

Good to meet you Peachy. I love crochet and now it appears I love to run too. 53 is the new 35!
  • Crochet180
    Options
    So yesterday I completed my first Parkrun. I so wish I hadn't pulled a muscle in my groin during the week but it just means my next time will be better, note to self don't try to leap over puddles. I still managed not to be last (most important) and a time of 39 minutes for a 5k. I have a 10k to run at the end of January next year so I hope to get a decent time by then.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I completed my first Parkrun. I so wish I hadn't pulled a muscle in my groin during the week but it just means my next time will be better, note to self don't try to leap over puddles. I still managed not to be last (most important) and a time of 39 minutes for a 5k. I have a 10k to run at the end of January next year so I hope to get a decent time by then.

Well done!! That's a good time for a first run you should be very proud ☺