Show this to your husband / partner

Options
Guys,

Is your wife / girlfriend / partner on a diet? Are you supporting her? If not, why not?

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our wives arent doing this for fun, they are doing it because they dont feel good about themselves and want to be the person you fell in love with, they are the same person but maybe there is just a little bit more of them.

As they lose weight, become more confident, guess what? they are going to become more attractive to other men, but hey, heres the rub, they arent looking for someone else to find them attractive, although it probably feels real good, they want you to find them attractive.

As they go on their walks, or to the gym, and leave you there, lying on the settee with your chinese take away and 4 pack of ;lager, its you that is losing out, and making yourself LESS attractive.

This journey should be one which you accompany your wife on, not send her off on her own while subconciously trying to ruin it.

Support and encouragement are what counts most in this. Get off your buts, walk together, and enjoy the results together!

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that :)
  • jpierce8806
    Options
    This is so amazing and considerate! It's nice to hear a man vocalize these things and you get it. Good for you! I got lucky and my fiancee supports me and works out as well! Thank you for your post!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    *LIKE*................ (A lot)
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful that my husband is my #1 supporter :flowerforyou:
  • MrsLopez77
    Options
    what a great post!
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    Great post! I'm going to show this to my husband...
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Very well said, sir!:smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Great post. My hubs is my numero uno supporter.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mom2jacob
    mom2jacob Posts: 54
    Options
    love it!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Great post. I hope that women do those this to their significant others! Luckily, my boyfriend is my #1 supporter...I just wish everyone had that!
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Listen up men, this is awesome! I've tried to lose weight so many times before, but it's just so hard when I'm having to buy two seperate sets of groceries, and prepare separate meals because my husband isn't on board with the program. I also hated having to take away "us" time for exercise etc. When I started this three and a half months ago, I told my husband, I'm doing this, and I would like for you to do it with me, but if you don't I'm doing it anyway. :-) I think he knew I was serious, and he reluctantly agreed to do it with me. Now, he has lost over 30 pounds, and I have lost 16! He told me the other day that I looked sexy, and it was the BEST payoff I could have received for all of my hard work!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You should consider marrying me. Yes, this is a proposal. lol
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My children's father was not a good support. He always told me I was beautiful but never encouraging me to get healthier. Instead he did the opposite. My Boyfriend is ALWAYS encouraging me, making compliments, noticing my NSV's, and offering to watch the kids for me to exercise. He is amazing and that is why I have lost 36 pounds instead of gaining... :) I chose up! I got the better man. :) Thank you for poining this out. It can be difficult to support something that many men have never had to do. This should also flow into other aspects of our lives for both people in the relationship. With this being said, Ladies we have to do the same for our men when they're making healthier choices. Take care everyone...
  • _Virginia_
    _Virginia_ Posts: 49
    Options
    Well stated!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Fantatic post...

I just want to pass this on to the ladies too!

Is your husband on a weight loss journey, and are you on the same page with him? showing him just as much support. My Husband and I try to support eachother. Its hard sometimes, cuz weight loss is a touchy subject. But I think we try our best. and I think everyone is full of good intentions, some people are just sometimes clueless of the effect of thier choices on their significant others.

=) a refreshing post my friend!
  • paigelyn88
    paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Thank you !!! :happy: