I am going to challenge myself everyday

Options
124»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    And as for challenges ... a little one I've been doing for a few weeks now is climbing stairs.

I work on the 5th floor of my building. The first couple weeks, I climbed the stairs 3 times a day (3*5 = 15 flights a day * 5 = 75 flights a week). Then I upped it to 4 times a day ... and last week I did it 5 times a day for 4 days (Friday was a holiday). This week, I plan to do it 5 times a day for 5 days = 125 flights.

That's in addition to walking and cycling ... it's a way to burn a few more calories + build up some strength.
  • cherrie1969
    cherrie1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I went to the doctor yesterday cause I have been bleeding heavy 2 weeks now.

Have you been sent for an ultrasound to check for polyps?

I spent a year bleeding heavily ... figured it was just normal perimenopause, but finally got frustrated enough with it that I went to my Dr. She had an ultrasound appointment scheduled the next week ... 2 weeks later I was speaking to a gynaecologist ... and 2 weeks later I was in surgery having a large polyp removed.

The size of it and the rate of growth had them concerned ... they ran tests, and while there is no cancer right now, the cells show a predisposition toward developing cancer, and I need to go for follow-up ultrasound every 6 months for a while.

Evidently these polyps are relatively common among perimenopausal women.

Given your age and the bleeding, I'd revisit the Dr if I were you, and insist on getting checked for polyps. The ultrasound is a little bit invasive, but it will tell you one way or the other.

Oh, and I can't take anything with hormones (birth control, hormone replacement therapy, etc) because they cause me to clot. So in a way I was relieved they found that polyp. Since it has been removed, things have returned to normal again and I can exercise more freely again.

They have me scheduled for a ultra sound September the 16 so I will know then but if they find anything like you said I am demanding a hysterectomy I do not want to deal with it any more I have been bleeding for 35 years of my life so far I do not need it or want periods anymore.I know they will try to talk me out of it or other options,but if it does not stop it completely they are talking to a brick wall.On keeping my periods I have decided I want this done with and if they want the periods then let them have it I want it over and done.Thank you for the info though they took test for menopause which I do not have them yet,and yesterday after 3weeks of this it seems to be stopping I hardly bled yesterday and today so we will see I hope it goes away and never comes back.
  • cherrie1969
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Today challenge I measure and my arms and neck so far they are the only thing that I have measured that has not moved so I am going to find some exercises for this if you know any please share and also please share what is your problem areas?How have you fixed it or how are you trying to fix it?Let share and get our problems solved.Just want to let everyone know so far I have lost 16.8 pounds in 4 weeks even though it is slow at least it is study.I am also 38.2 pounds away from getting to my first goal under 200 lbs here I come it might be slow but it is coming.I have decided lets see if I find exercises for the areas that are not moving if I do them everyday for a month I think they should go down either before that or after,we will see.I will let everyone know if I do or do not every week so for this whole week and beyond until my arms and neck go down I will be doing exercises for them.They will go down I am determined.
  • cherrie1969
    Options
    I worked them trouble spots and looked at my dairy and fount out I have hips to add to my list this will be my daily challenge till my trouble spots move I am determined to get these spots to move.
  • _Ulla_
    _Ulla_ Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My challenge for today is to do my exercises posted for Thursday in our September boot camp group on pink pady6xxz5ozkz90.jpg
    Posted them here again for those of you who want a workout idea for at home.
    Aswell my challenge is to stay under my calorie allowance again today (but eating lots of food) and last but not least my family is going on our last camp trip for the summer so my biggest and hardest challenge is to get the groceries bought and camper packed up while trying to parent my three children!!! Have a great day everybody!! Push your self to success!!
    Great workout tips AliciaToniak!

• cherrie1969
    Options
    Villikka wrote: »
    My challenge for today is to do my exercises posted for Thursday in our September boot camp group on pink pady6xxz5ozkz90.jpg
    Posted them here again for those of you who want a workout idea for at home.
    Aswell my challenge is to stay under my calorie allowance again today (but eating lots of food) and last but not least my family is going on our last camp trip for the summer so my biggest and hardest challenge is to get the groceries bought and camper packed up while trying to parent my three children!!! Have a great day everybody!! Push your self to success!!
    Great workout tips AliciaToniak!

ty for sharing
  • cherrie1969
    Options
    still working them trouble spots and I am doing other things but I am determined to get them to move lol
  • cherrie1969
    Options
    Since I am working on trouble spots.I wanted to see if anyone wanted to share what is there troubled spot?Are you trying to make it move.I will see if me doing exercises get them to move this week I hope so if not I will keep trying till it moves.
  • cherrie1969
    Options
    going to the grocery store today buying some odds and ends for the week and get some stuff for my bd coming on the 15 th I have decided I am throwing healthy eating out of the window that day and am preparing myself to not regret it.I will be back on the healthy band wagon the next day,till the next time I decide to throw it again which might be Thanksgiving we will see,I believe as long as we do not regret what we do we are doing the right thing.I believe we decide if we are going to have a cheat day once a week,we decide if we are going to stop for a special occasion,we decide if we are going to do it every once and awhile,and for any that decide never to not eat nothing but healthy the rest of there lives then it is all good and your decision.We have to decide this with no regret of what we choose.I am going to eat unhealthy for my bd have a good time and not regret or look back at it as a bad thing,I hope everyone has a good weekend,and decide what you want for you have no regret in doing it.
  • cherrie1969
    Options
    I know it has been a week but I have been busy.My grand baby had a book fair at school I helped with that and I just recently entered a 5 k bubble run so I will be preparing for that I have lost so far from the time I started 20 pounds feeling so much better.So my challenge for me for this whole week is to walk 1 mile and every week I will increase it a mile so I will be in shape for the bubble run which I will be walking.Running is not my cup of teas my hats off to those that do run,but for me number 1 I am not in enough shape number 2 my knees are not that good number 3 I do not like running I have no ambition to run.But I do have ambition to lose my weight I just want to find way I enjoy to do this even if it comes off slower cause I am doing slow things well at least it is coming off.My bday went good I went into the red for the first time on mfp but I wanted to do it and have no regrets I made my own cake it came out good.I ate what I wanted without worrying about cals for that day and then the next day I started watching again and even though I went over that one day I still had a loss of 1.4 pounds.The reason I know I still lost is cause I did not continue not watching my cals that I controlled my eating for the rest of the week.