Boo berry cereal....

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Ingredients in Brach's candy corn: sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's sugar glaze, salt, dextrose, artificial flavor, gelatin, titanium dioxide color, yellow 6, yellow 5, red 3, blue 1, sesame oil.
    i would rather have 80% dark chocolate

I don't like candy corn either, but I don't think I ever once quoted the ingredients to make a point... What point were you trying to make, btw?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited September 2015
    My mother never let my siblings nor I have chocolate cereal. We had a very empty childhood. :(

(Yet she let us have all the other sugary cereal? I never understood that.)

I think my favorite is Reese's. Nom nom.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Wow what was with the anti chocolate sentiment!!!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Ingredients in Brach's candy corn: sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's sugar glaze, salt, dextrose, artificial flavor, gelatin, titanium dioxide color, yellow 6, yellow 5, red 3, blue 1, sesame oil.

I don't like candy corn either, but I don't think I ever once quoted the ingredients to make a point... What point were you trying to make, btw?

Gonna go with dem CHEMIKILLZ.

But seriously, I don't care for them either.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    snikkins wrote: »

Gonna go with dem CHEMIKILLZ.

But seriously, I don't care for them either.

It must be the corn syrup, it ain't natural.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Omg I literally just finished a bowl of boo berry for bedtime snack :) mm yummy.... Can't agree with you on Cap'n Crunch sorry - cuts up the roof of my mouth. I'm a delicate flower lol ;)
  • ilovecereal1982
    Whaaaaat....iI had mine earlier and it was so good.....I will boldly say though..that i feel the boo marshmallow to boo crunch part is a little off...I need more marshmallows! !!
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Ummmm my favorite? ??? Definitely love some captain crunch ad well

Love Captain Crunch (with crunch berries) but it tears up the roof of my mouth! Surely, I'm not the only one?! :)

My favorite Captain Crunch is the Oops All Berries. It tears my mouth up too. :(
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    I saw these today for the first time in forever. It took willpower not to put a box of boo berry in my cart lol
  • Coeligo
    Coeligo Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2015

I say, "YES!" Anything with fruit (berry) and antioxidant (chocolate) IS HEALTHY! Cereals are fortified with vitamins & minerals, plus milk is PROTEIN! Can you tell I Iove cereal and this is my fave holiday? So enjoy Seinfeld :)
    This has to be acceptable for consumption given the time of year and it's limited availability correct????? Also the same for Franken berry and count chocula????

• TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Oh yeah! I'm so stoked for Count Chocula, and candy corn, season!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Yes, enjoy your seasonal foods before they go away! I used to get Count Chocula when I saw the monster cereals display at Target.

I do not eat Oreos any other time of the year but something about the orange colored creme in Halloween Oreos, combined with the fact that they taste fresher as they're only made this time of year, makes it an October ritual. Every year, I go to the store on September 30th and I get my gallon of milk and my pack of Halloween Oreos ready for October 1st. The next day, I open the cookies and milk and I enjoy. I eat two to four with a glass of milk on most days in October. It reminds me of my childhood and I just love this time of year, so I'm in a happy place for the entire month- if the cookies last the whole month, that is.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Why? Chocolate contains a slurry of chemicals too, including theobromine which can easily kill dogs.
    A partial list includes: caffeine, theobromine, phenylethyulamine, anandamide, phenols and phenol derivatives (pyrogallol, phloroglucinol, hydroquinone), favalanos (epicathechin, epigallocatechin)
  • ilovecereal1982
    I don't know about you but anything with sesame seed oil in it has my vote!!!! Another bowl please!!!
  • Ronin_HFX
    Ronin_HFX Posts: 13 Member
    This has to be acceptable for consumption given the time of year and it's limited availability correct????? Also the same for Franken berry and count chocula????

Now if they still made "Fruit Brute" you could have all 4 of the monster cereals. Frankenberry is gone in my neck of the woods in Canada - only the Count and Boo left.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

image.png?w=500&c=1

*kitten* that noise. Dark chocolate tastes like cigarette ashes and coffee grounds. Where as candy corn is amazing.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    JeffBrown3 wrote: »
    I saw these today for the first time in forever. It took willpower not to put a box of boo berry in my cart lol

Got 2 boxes of Count Chocula last night..........mmm

I just gotta measure my portions!
  • ilovecereal1982
    Oooooh nice to see the ol boo berry thread gaining some traction again. I will share that I had some delicious Halloween apple jacks!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Oooooh nice to see the ol boo berry thread gaining some traction again. I will share that I had some delicious Halloween apple jacks!!!

I remember eating Halloween Rice Krispies.

Halloween cereals current & years past: http://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_family.asp?familyid=5
  • ilovecereal1982
    Wooooah look at you doing some research and insight to provide to the thread :) Well done tea....well done indeed.