Yoga Nightmare

Options

Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    can people wear baggy clothes to yoga? or is is compulsory to show off your innards?
  • jkwanda
    jkwanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Hi im a personal trainer , many times my client has farted whilst training very can be awkward also especially females who do it

can you please explain how a woman doing the EXACT same thing a man does is more awkward or embarrassing?

Because of the implication.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Hi im a personal trainer , many times my client has farted whilst training very can be awkward also especially females who do it

can you please explain how a woman doing the EXACT same thing a man does is more awkward or embarrassing?

I would assume since the client's female, the client tends to feel more embarrassed with a male trainer than they would be if they were working with a female trainer.

I'd be willing to bet male clients in general would tend to be more embarrassed about those kinds of things if their trainer is female than they would be if their trainer is male.

It can be easier to laugh that kind of stuff off with members of the same sex.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I was griping about flexibility and joint paid , one of my friends suggested a yoga class at my gym
    so down to JD sports for some Yoga Kit some grey yoga pants and matching top, Lol not a great fan of knickers lines , so tiny thong underneath.
    Feeling good in my kit and looking go to class here we go , it was a mixture of men and women with more a greater percentage of girls . Trust me to get a hot guy in the row behind me directly behind me . First thing I realised is after the warm up routine by yoga pants were significantly riding up my bottom and was not feeling comfortable with the guy behind me at all.
    Then comes stage 2 of the nightmare , the bending and positions we are asked to get into had stirred something in my belly and I now needed to fart urgently , how I was going to hold them with my bottoms buried up my but and positions that required you to have your *kitten* up in the air was a real worry . Luckily the music was loud at least it was the one laying on your stomach that done it , im laying on my stomach *kitten* facing upward we then had to lift our tummy of the ground when I felt a hot release of air escape my clenched but silent but a little smelly .
    Lol it was not obvious it was form my bum as silent , this continued every 2-3 minutes as we made new positions like 20 plus times
    not going yoga again.

BEST Story Ever.
    So I was at a gym once
    I was next a PT and her client.
    Every time I squatted, I would fart.
    At the end of the session, my face turned red, and she laughed.
  • thintribe2014
    thintribe2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    better out than in...anybody behind you will not be looking at your rear! they will be focussed on their drishti..get some proper gear i wear Prana, I practice ashtanga and its the most humbling thing i have ever done. you face yourself on the mat..be kind to your body. Namaste
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Steven so rude making a comment about my knickers . They only show after working out as they cling to my bum with sweat. My partner likes panty lines usually great sex after getting in from gym . He loves the sweaty smell also so everyone to there own

Its o.k.. I'll still be your friend. It happens to everybody, really..
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I can cope with one or 2 im not a really gassy person but please I stunk out the whole class

Unless they all ran out holding their noses, I think you're ok.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    scr183 wrote: »
    It definitely happens. If you're really concerned about it, you can always try a couple of, er, pre-emptive poses before class... Google "wind-relieving pose." Yes, it's a thing. And yes, it works. :)

Ya, I'm a yoga teacher and make a light comment about this natural function while in Wind Relieving Pose (Pavanamuktasana).
  • sophiehayesgym
    sophiehayesgym Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Black girl in yoga class , I see post and had to comment from experience I cling on to my farts with dear life in yoga but there is a half cast girl who without shame farts constantly . She just pushes them out in everypose a lot of them stink to high heaven she is a fit looking women with a very good body and always wears yoga pants th at accentuate her behind I make sure im not behind her as the constant relieving of stinky gas makes me gag. Then in the changing room it continues . I try to go futhest away as possible . The first time
    I was on same bench in changing room when she took her leegings of and blatantly passed a lot of gas in her knickers in front of ,me each time oooh and rrrimg at the relief

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. One of the best. Nothing like crop dusting a squat rack or the all dumbbells as well. Maybe workout fasted. Maybe it will help.
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lmao....I found this sooooooo funny. Here is the thing...everybody farts at yoga class. That is why I usually go to the back of the class....no one is behind me, try it once more before you decide if it's not for you!
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    My wife keeps trying to talk me into going to yoga with her. I was considering going, but after reading this thread, I am not sure I want to go unless I bring a gas mask.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    :p yep it happens! First time my daughter went with me to yoga, downward dog, she ripped one out....and it stunk. The woman behind her rolled up her mat & left...I was just glad I was out of her line of fire lmao. We still laugh about it.
  • karinjak
    karinjak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bottoms cant live with them cant live without them , see this post and had to comment i suffer the same issue endless airy farts from start to finish of the class . My problem is made worse as first time I removed my knickers in the changing room to my horror the backside off them were heavily skidmarked I yanked them up and showered at home. I have this after evey class So now wear a panty pad at the back of my knicks and go straight home to change.
  • karinjak
    karinjak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lol reading through this discussion its enough to put of anyone from starting yoga, who would want to spend an hour in a room that smelled of dirty knickers and farts lol, apologies yoga association
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Everybody farts. Someone ALWAYS farts in yoga.

Keep going to yoga.
  • stevehendry22
    stevehendry22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh dear Karin im glad im not your boyfriend your knickers must stink
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Too bad you can't blame your dog - that's what I do at home. :) Guess you just have to blame your downward dog.