Post Surgery weight Loss - NEED ADVICE on how to keep it off

Options
2»

Replies

• mtbiker1069
    mtbiker1069 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    kooner2014 wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for the info everyone, I am looking at eating smaller portions, whole foods when I can, but I will work in a few items like the odd cookie or chocolate, I think I just need to be careful not to over indulge. I also have eliminated alcohol in the past 4 weeks and will do so for another 4 , but I will most likely return the the social drinks, again will be watching my intake.

That's the killer for me, social drinking. I love beer, going to breweries with friends, and I often ride my bicycle to the brewery, but one 16 ounce IPA can run 300 calories.. OUCH. So , for me, it has worked best to cut alcohol as well. I do sneak a beer in on Friday nights though... I try to make sure I walk an extra mile that day to make up for the calories.
  • kooner2014
    kooner2014 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I know, I love beer and that is going to be a challenge. There are beers out there that say they only have 67 Calories (Molson 67), wonder if it's a load of bull or not. Here is what they post on the label

Calories 67
    Fat 0g
    Carbohydrate 2g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 0.4g
  • kooner2014
    kooner2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OP, you'll need protein for healing so watch your macros. When I had a hip replacement last year, it was just the impetus I needed to get me back on track with nutritious eating and counting calories. I couldn't drive for six weeks, so no fast food runs, and my friends were making good homemade healthy food to help me recover. I made up healthy grocery lists for them to get for me to cook once I could get around the house. Take advantage of this time to form & reinforce good habits! I knew it would be easy for me to sit around & snack all the time & end up gaining weight, but I didn't go through that expensive surgery & painful recovery just so I could drag 20 more pounds around!

Totally agree! I am forming better habits with food choices and portions, and I do not want to waste this chance to keep the momentum of loosing the weight.