How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Arguments can be made for daily, weekly, and just about every other interval. I know there isn't one right answer and it depends on you.

Just looking to hear different thoughts on what frequency you weight yourself and why that works for you.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and log the weight in Libra. I only pay attention to the trend, not the daily weight.

It works for me because it helps even out the "noise" from water retention.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Every day. It works for me because more numbers means more Excel.
  • AntonVan74
    AntonVan74 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at the same time naked and before I eat or drink, and after I relieve myself.
  • Jindeed
    Jindeed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up and record it 3 times a week. This helps me nip things in the bud when something isn't working well- better that I find out in two days instead of 2 weeks. The main thing for me is having realistic expectations and accounting for factors that could play a role in an extra shift on the scale (water weight, constipation, etc.). I also find that since I'm a procrastinator by nature, it would be way too easy to drink a few extra beers here and eat a few more cookies there if I knew my next weigh-in was three weeks away.
  • vegetarian2626
    vegetarian2626 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you are absolutly correct that depends on person to person when any one choose to weigh themselves, everyone is correct what ever frequency anyone chooses, i usually weigh myself once a week 1st thing every sunday morning after washroom :)
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I find that if I don't everything else (logging, exercising, caring about losing weight) tends to go to the wayside.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Every single day! The same way, as soon as I wake up. Then it gets logged on Libra and on my good old fashioned paper calender.
    It has been great as I can see a trend of how my body responds to my plan.and I no longer panic over any gain. SO FAR! :)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every monday first thing in the morning after I pee.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I weight myself daily, but I only record the numbers weekly. I know this is odd. I want to see my daily trend but it is the weekly trend that really hammers it home. I also take my electronic body fat numbers weekly along with my tape measurements. I thru VA once a month and they take my BP. I try to put those into MFP too (though I tend to forget that one).

I think the non-scale victories are more important than the weight. Watching your BP drop and getting into a new set of pants... pure joy.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Every single morning, I can't stay away

The scale is like an angel and a devil. You wanna know but you don't want to be disappointed. Then the results spin to live and....
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Every morning about the same time but only record it Saturday morning.
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every Friday AM! It's like my pay check, lol.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I actually measure my progress with a fat caliper because I started gaining muscle and the number on the scale went up. But I would do about once a week on a scale if I were you so you're not obsessing over it.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I log it only weekly (Monday mornings - keeps me accountable for the weekend).
  • lucyleigh4
    lucyleigh4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as well. Helps me to see how my body fluctuates so I don't panic when I barely lose anything or even worse, gain.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks! Really appreciate the responses! :)
  • BreannahRichardson
    Options
    Every couple of weeks. I used to have a very bad habit of weighting myself every couple of days and I would always get disappointed then give up when the weight wasn't coming off fast enough.
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I have been in 3 weeks logging and 5 weeks exercising. The first 2 weeks I was losing but now I have 1.5 back! Ughhh. I can lift more weight, push-ups and run further thinks to daily exercising which is exciting!