(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I have a huge gallon freezer bag full of fresh blueberries that I picked and froze. So right now, its a smoothie in the morning. I keep it simple, blueberries, yoghurt and a little water to help mix it all. I also toss my vitamin pill in the blender too, because I hate trying to take those horse pills, so this makes it way easier.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My standby breakfast during the week is a packet of plain oatmeal, a tablespoon of pb and banana mixed in.

On the weekends it usually involves an egg white an veggie omlete or one egg, slice of 2% cheese on a sandwich thin.

I met both challenges this weekend - if scrubbing the shower tile grout clean with a toothbrush counts!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I was away for the weekend visiting my BFF in Cleveland so although I did get my exercise in, I didn't clean anything unless you count packing my suitcase and making sure everything that was tossable was in the trash. I will not leave a mess for housekeeping.

As for Monday's challenge...I love greek yogurt for breakfast. It seems to jump start my day with flavor and energy. Besides, it is a great source of protein.
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: The low cal breakfast of choice for me is oatmeal and 2 slices of low sodium turkey bacon. It sticks with me till lunch and to be honest it taste pretty darn good.

Now since I lost more the my expected weight for today I am off to the nail shop for a pamperind session. HAPPY MONDAY?WEIGH IN DAY BOBers and GOOD LUCK!:happy:
  • journey2size10
    Options
    I didn't meet my goals last week of ....
    strength training three times
    cardio daily (45 mins minimum)
    3 off meals
    come in below or meet daily calories

and it reflected on the scale! I lost a pound so I'm behind the 8 ball now..

will have the same goals for this week! Now that school is out I can focus more on clean eating and working in the gym :love:
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Well, I am down 1 lb this week, and I will take it. A loss is a loss, and I enjoy seeing the scale move in the right direction! :tongue:

Good Luck to everyone today, and I hope everyone has the energy to kick it up a notch for next week!!!

This week, i am shooting for a 2lb loss next monday.... I want to see 159, on my scale! =)
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I like eating a homemade granola (I posted it in the recipes section a while back), some greek yogurt in the granola and 2 egg whites. It ends up being about 400 calories for breakfast, but its totally worth it with most of my daily fiber.

On another note, I am kind of sad, my scale lied to me today. It told me I had gained 5-10 pounds since Thursday. I don't trust that measurement and suspect its because I am going to start my TOM soon and because I didn't drink enough water.
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My low cal breakfast is the liquid eggs or egg whites w/tomatoes & ketchup, 2 wheat toast w/ fat free cream chesse & tomatoes & green tea. Sometimes I subsitute oatmeal for the egg. This is what I have most days but there are times that I have leftovers from the night before.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I lost .5 pounds this week, got my goal of 1 pound. Although I think Monday is a bad day for me to weigh myself because I generally do long runs on Sunday and eat very strangely to fuel the run. I should maybe switch to Wednesday but that wouldn't work with the spreadsheet. Still happy I lost a half a pound!! :drinker:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    weight is 168.5 today
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It will be easy to stay under calories today. I went to a party and ate rich foods which usually makes me feel "heavy" the next day and all I wanna do is go vegetarian style.
    I am going to post my new weight and measurements later tonight...before midnite.
    Had to takeoff quickly for work so don't have the measurements with me..

best wishes for a great week everyone!!!

Go "BOB" Go:glasses:
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My fav lo-cal breakfast. That's tough, I have a few. Non-fat plain Greek yogurt with blueberries or Cheerios with blueberries. Something that has a little more calories but I love is a broccoli and cheese omlette. :flowerforyou:
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    SW - May 16, 255.6

Week 1 - May 23, GW: 252 Actual: 252.8
    Week 2 - May 30, GW: 248 Actual: 249.4
    Week 3 - Jun 06, GW: 244 Actual: 249.4 Didn't me my goal:noway:
    Week 4 - Jun 13, GW: 240 Actual:

Week 5 - Jun 20, WEIGH-IN GOAL: 235

Low calorie breakfast for me is Kellogg's Special K protein drink, has 180 calories, if I'm not that hungry. Or I'll have two scrambled eggs 140 calories, on Arnold's 100% whole wheat sandwich thins 100 calories, with/without cheese 100 calories.

Went over my calories today, I had my cupcakes and ice cream too. The new Magnum ice cream bar with white chocolate is soooo delicious:happy:
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    SW - May 16, 255.6

Week 1 - May 23, GW: 252 Actual: 252.8
    Week 2 - May 30, GW: 248 Actual: 249.4
    Week 3 - Jun 06, GW: 244 Actual: 249.4 Didn't me my goal:noway:
    Week 4 - Jun 13, GW: 240 Actual:

Week 5 - Jun 20, WEIGH-IN GOAL: 235

Low calorie breakfast for me is Kellogg's Special K protein drink, has 180 calories, if I'm not that hungry. Or I'll have two scrambled eggs 140 calories, on Arnold's 100% whole wheat sandwich thins 100 calories, with/without cheese 100 calories.

Went over my calories today, I had my cupcakes and ice cream too. The new Magnum ice cream bar with white chocolate is soooo delicious:happy:

:noway: ... you were bummed you didn't meet your goal but then you went over calories today for some icecream and cupcakes?!? Boy do I have a song for you! :wink: ....as we say in the south CHILLLLDDD BOOOO don't make me hafta hurtchu!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is either egg white omlet or egg white scramble with lots of veggies. Sometimes I add a little ham, but not always. Very filling and healthy too.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I just realized I have set my goal high for this week,,,,I need to lose 4 whole pounds to make the cut! Hhhhhmmmm...I must be a little silly to have done that but ya' know what? I AM up for the challenge. I am gonna leave it like that and push myself even harder and I am NOT going to buy ANY cookies (Nabisco fig newtons), chips (baked or otherwise), or add half and half to my iced coffee this week!

What do YOU do to challenge your menu?

wish me luck!!!:drinker:
  • prplangl4
    Options
    91tuesday8.gif
  • prplangl4
    Options
    TUESDAY – JUNE 7TH – DAY 24! – “STOP - VEGGIE TIME!"

WEIGH IN FOR WEEK 3 WAS DUE YESTERDAY!!!
    Send them to me if you haven’t yet! (if you know these people tell them to weighin!):
    LacieLamp
    momzybaby
    steph_e
    UltraRunnerGale
    Amy_Do
    EmRN06
    Daysea35
    andtian
    Arsonsmom
    SpanishPigtails
    mrsjones806
    lil_missfit
    mishkamichelle
    kristidann
    Vendetta2300
    Bhsnow
    fskoethe

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK – This week we are going to focus on healthy eating!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    Today’s challenge is (waving my finger at you and using an old lady voice) eat your veggies!!! :laugh: PUT DOWN THE POTATO CHIPS and go for some celery or carrots! Get some steamed broccoli, zucchini or squash for dinner! Snack on some crunchy peppers (eww – but some people like it). Whatever you do today try fill up on veggies – they do a body good!

MOTIVATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY
    :tongue: CANT TOUCH THIS - MC Hammer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo (say this b4 you reach for bad snacks...go for the veggies!)
    :glasses: PUSH IT – Salt n Pepa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU (good for liftin weights!!)
    :happy: IM COMIN OUT – Diana Ross http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mjl63e0ms (for our BOBers who are getting back into the swing this week!)
    :laugh: ICE CREAM AND CAKE – Buckwheat Boys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKhsBY3Gd4&feature=related (this song goes out to SILM195 - you wanna eat icecream and cake you better play this and dance to it and work those calories off!! ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    They say you should not “eat out of the bag” meaning you shouldn’t just grab a bag of chips or nuts and ‘go nuts’ because you will over eat!!! :huh: How do you count your calories to ensure you don’t over indulge on snacks/foods?
    ---
    If I have almonds or almost anything I use those 100 calorie zip lock baggies and count each item out (12 almonds, 23 grapes, 4 crackers, 15 chips)…then I write the # calories it is on the bag and throw them all (except cold foods) in a big bowl on my counter…then when I’m cravin something, I go for those and can see exactly how many calories its worth!!! Or I buy 100 calorie prepacked snacks if I’m feeling lazy.

SHOUT OUTS
    To SheBB who lost the most she ever has in one week this week! :bigsmile:
    To gatorflyer who has hit 80lbs lost mark this week! :bigsmile:
    To kacione – the last time she weighed this weeks achieved weight was…drumroll…age 13!!! :bigsmile:

FRIENDS - HOW MANY OF US HAVE THEM?
    Everyone friend:flowerforyou: marie_2454 she needs some extra encouragement to help her lose weight this week! :smooched:

www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    morning all, I met yesterday's goal with a bit to spare. Today will be a bit tougher I will admit. :blushing:
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Kristy thats an awesome idea about the prepackaged snacks on your counter I will def have to try that! For me when I am snacking I def try to see what the serving size is and then if its something I can easily count out then I will or I will use my hand to measure an ounce of something like peanuts and stuff like that!....

I completed the challenge yesterday and stayed under my calorie goal! First time I've been able to really stay under normally I will go a little over so I am happy about that :)

Side note: I found out yesterday from my endocrinologist that my A1C for my diabetes went up from 7.5 to 9.1 NOT GOOD and I've had to start taking ANOTHER medication so I am REALLY needing the help to stay motivated to eat better and lose this weight because Im sick of all these meds!! GRRRR!!!!!