Binged and want to cry...

Options
Hi,
I am really wanting to just cry, I want to release some emotions and just sleep until tomorrow when I have a fresh start.
I binged today. Pretty bad. I just want to cry. I feel disappointed and full and gross. I am scared that now I have eaten over a pounds worth of food.
How much weight did I really gain? How do I lose it?

I am just really upset. I am sorry for my vent.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Without knowing anything about you or how much you ate, no one can do the math to determine how much you reduced your deficit by for the week.

Breathe. Maybe take a walk. Mostly though log it. Try to determine what triggered it and move on. It's one day and won't be anything to worry about as long as you don't do it repeatedly.

boo%20hug.gif
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like what the above poster said. Don't allow a bad day to determine how you continue your journey. It happens to the best of us but what counts is how we rebound from those lows. Be encouraged!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go back to your nutrition plan tomorrow.
    Take it one day at at time.
    We have all been there, life happens.
    Just try to avoid a repeat experience or your body weight will start going up.
    Learn the root cause of your binge and take corrective action for the future.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    hi135 wrote: »
    If anything most of it will be water weight, no big deal.
    Err, what do you base this off? If they ate 8 big macs, not quite water weight. xD; Don't suggest this when we don't know what they've eaten. May make them more disappointed if they did indeed have a lot of calories.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I hear you!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Do Extra exercise today and be HAPPY. being sad about will only make you feel worse
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    Err, what do you base this off? If they ate 8 big macs, not quite water weight. xD; Don't suggest this when we don't know what they've eaten. May make them more disappointed if they did indeed have a lot of calories.

The amount of calories it would take to gain even one pound is pretty significant, though. There may be *slight* gain but I can't imagine one binge is going to break a scale.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

The amount of calories it would take to gain even one pound is pretty significant, though. There may be *slight* gain but I can't imagine one binge is going to break a scale.

It really isn't hard for some people (like me, unfortunately!) to pack 3500+ calories into a binge. And then do the same thing again later in the day. Without purging of any kind.
  • carebears1973
    carebears1973 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, tomorrow is a new day :-)
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    We all slip, don't beat yourself up about it. Just promise to do better tomorrow.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its just food.

you didnt kill a kitten.

relax.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up and get back on track. May take 3 or 4 days to recoup.
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice- yesterday to today at the same time, I gained 3 lbs. :(
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Get right back on the horse and figure out how it happened.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Three pounds of fat requires a 10500 calorie surplus above maintanence.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I have a dear friend who could easily binge on a whole rotisserie chicken, a dozen doughnuts, a liter of ice cream and a bag of chips and dip just to repeat the same later in the day, while also snacking on a package or two of plain cake mix. She told me that eating 15-20000 on a real " binge " day was not a problem for her. Counting 3500 calories for one pound of gain that could easily be five pounds and more .
    Luckily with the help of professionals she is doing much, much better and is a way happier person for it.

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

That's within normal weight fluctuation for me. Just log everything. Unless you ate a lot more than 3500 over maintenance, including what ever deficit you've maintained through the rest of the week, then you shouldn't see a long term increase.
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One day does not wreck your weight loss plan. Stick to the plan 90% of the time and you can afford to deviate every now and then. We all need a break sometimes. The problem is when we take those "cheat" days too often. Don't freak out about 1 day or even 2 days of overeating. In the grand scheme, those 1 or 2 days don't matter much if you can stay mostly consistent.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Log all of it. Don't be unkind to yourself and move along. Life is like that. Thanksgiving is coming. It is the same as one of those days.. Take it
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I probably overate by probably 1500-2000.