Stuck need some help

Options
Alright i have a ton of weight to lose. I have been stuck for a few weeks. What is a good average for carbs. I have been around 140 a day. Mostly from fruit . Should i take this down? Also will exercising daily help?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It is calories, not carbs, that matter for weight loss.

How are you measuring your intake? Do you use a food scale? How much is a "ton" of weight?
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes exercise will give you more calories to eat. To echo the above post, it's all about calories in versus calories out. You need to eat at a deficit to lose weight.
  • colganteam
    colganteam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 125 more pounds. I lost 40 this year so far. I am usually around 2000 calories a day. I dont use a food scale. Something i should be doing?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    colganteam wrote: »
    Also will exercising daily help?

Always
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    colganteam wrote: »
    I need to lose about 125 more pounds. I lost 40 this year so far. I am usually around 2000 calories a day. I dont use a food scale. Something i should be doing?

If you are not using a food scale how do you know how many calories you are consuming?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Yes a food scale is a must. But also, as you lose weight you are going to need to reduce your calories downward in order to keep the same rate of loss. Or increase your exercise to burn more calories or maybe a combo of both to start losing again. With 125 pounds to lose you should be able to be losing 2 pounds per week pretty easily. Just start weighing your food.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with carbs. It has to do with how many calories are going in, as compared to going out. Can you open your diary and provide your stats?
  • colganteam
    colganteam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal suggest 2800 calories. Seems alot to me