Do you still workout even if you're super stressed?

Options
13»

Replies

• beakers322014
    beakers322014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Yep if I've had a crappy day at work, I go smash out a workout. I feel happy better afterwards

I need to do this :-) I'm a teacher and somedays I just want to scream or curl up in a corner. I normally just go home, plop down on the sofa and watch my favorite tv shows. I need to change it to going exercising right after work and tutoring so I can get rid of some of the stress :smiley:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So- I refuse to lift if I'm truly angry- like ragey angry- I'll hurt myself- it's more of a risk.

BUT. Consistently working out will help regulate energy/hormones/stress. Skipping workouts are only going to make you feel worse- even if only on a 'guilt' factor.

Just go work out- stress shouldn't' be a reason to skip out.
  • beakers322014
    beakers322014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    yes, definitely. i find aerial yoga and conditioning to be huge stress relievers.
    and running? well this shirt explains it all
    I+Run+Because+Punching+People+Is+Frowned+Upon

I love this shirt :smile:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Even just going for a short walk can help.

There are days where I'm stressed and tired and busy, but a <30 min walk to the beach, or out into the country, or through a park is so refreshing.
  • iammantistobbogan
    Options
    I tend to workout more when I'm stressed - I have been known to take a long lunch from a stressful day at work to go to the gym to de-stress lol x
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Especially when I am stressed. Always makes me feel so much better and too weakened to raise my arms to smack someone.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    exercise is one of the best things you can do to combat stress...not sure why you wouldn't workout if you're stressed. regular exercise is only going to benefit you in this regard.
  • 46HealthyMe
    46HealthyMe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I especially make sure I workout when I'm stressed. It might be hazardous to others people health if I didn't.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ditto on what everyone else has said. Exercise is a great stress buster. I get some of my best workouts when I'm stressed out.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here will sad that of course they work out. And, I believe them. However, I also know that the cause and effect, all the stress relieving benefits of working out-don't come to you right away. Making it a habit and one that you do intentionally because it will release stress (even though you really, really don't want to) takes time.

Sometimes I'm so stressed I can't get my head to agree to a gym session, but I tell myself to take a 10 minute walk and find I've ended up going a few miles. Also, that my mood is lighter.

Sometimes it's also okay to acknowledge you need sleep, a good cry, a hot bath, to *kitten*/have sex, or some cake. But know that a walk is a great option, too.

Hope school and life brings you reprieve soon. x
  • kahuku
    kahuku Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes sometimes no. I always feel much better after a workout. Just have to break from the stess, which can be difficult
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I train especially when I'm stressed.
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Every damn day!