when did you first see a noticeable change in the mirror?

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    70 pounds down and i still dont LOL

i see it in photos, though :)

actually i AM starting to see it in the mirror, but i often wonder if its REAL or imaginary/wishful thinking, so i will say i still dont see it, since i dont BELIEVE it.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Post got cut off. My self-critical female eyes would not have seen the changes without those photos!!
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options

Post got cut off. My self-critical female eyes would not have seen the changes without those photos!!

Yes! This! ^^^ and I can't wait to start seeing the changes in my body! Oh, and measuring, I need to start doing that too lol
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I guess I have a but to go before I see changes, but I'm so excited for it ...I'm excited for this journey and to actually keep it off this time :)
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I lost just over 2 stone and to be honest it was only the last 3kg that I noticed any real difference (to me anyway).
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I had 125 to lose. I started noticing changes in how my clothes fit at 30 pounds lost. At 50 pounds lost I couldn't see my belly when I looked down. And at 56 pounds lost I actually "feel" skinny. Weird feeling. I know it's all just in my brain and me being so use to being so overweight but I feel great even though I still have 69 pounds to go. It took about 45 pounds before anyone else noticed.
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not noticed any visible changes after 17 lbs lost. To be fair, I did not notice (nor did most people) a significant change during my last 45-50 lbs of gain, so I doubt I will notice a significant difference till I lose those 45-50 lbs. To put it in perspective, my starting weight was 295, current weight is 278.5, and goal weight is 200. My height is 6'4". It could be that the main weight I have noticed is my stomach, and it has been unchanged since 245 lbs or so and my weight has added on more evenly elsewhere.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am biggish but, at 30 the employees at my gym noticed. I see my clothes are looser but I am not sure I see it. My shoes are all stupid big.
  • roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It has been hard for me to see it just looking at myself in the mirror. It is way easier to see it in pictures. I have only recently noticed at 40lbs down that my roll of back fat has vanished.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    this time around i notice a change after 7 weeks i losted a pants size and all .. the scale didn't change still at my Sw of 120 after 7 weeks.. i think it'll stay this way for a long time.. but am fine as long as pants size keep dropping was a size 7 now a size 6_ and my mirror/picture_ change was that iam defenately less jiggly/sag than before.. more muscle definiton all over...guess from fat reduceing all over just look so much better
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm quite hard on myself in general (working on that too!) so for me, it took quite a while for me to notice any significant changes. I think I actually gave myself credit and started thinking "Ok yes, I'm looking different now" after around 25 lbs. It's different for everyone but progress pictures are an absolute must in my opinion! :D