Oooh man...how can I not eat this!!!

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Those things are evil. And yeah, Red Lobster biscuits are evil too.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I can skip thier breadsticks.. but love thier salad. I could eat a whole bowl of it alone. lol

It's about the only healthy thing on the menu! :)

My wife wanted to hit Olive Garden a few weeks back. After Googling the nutritional content of the food, I ordered the most boring fish ever. Many of their meals may as well be fried fat, covered with fat, served on a bed of fat.

Salad and breadsticks is probably one of the best choices!

If by "healthy", you mean low in calories and/or fat, Olive Garden's house salad is definitely not "healthy".
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    vixtris wrote: »
    I've never been to Olive Garden, but I'm really tempted. It looks really good.... lol

Most of it is good. To eat.

BAD if you are trying to maintain or lose weight!

Different strokes for different folks. Bad, to me, would be eating sad boring food in the name of weight loss

I completely agree that people should do what works for them. Though I look at things more on a weekly level vs daily and even agree with "cheat" meals, for me what works is cutting out some of my worst food choices except for on a very occasional basis.

And more than a few of their menu choices have 250-300% of the normal recommended fat goals for a person my size. I'm willing to flex on macros and such, but I've found much healthier choices that are just as tasty.

The calorie counts for many/most dishes in restaurants I've been to tend to be quite high. The numbers simply won't work out if I were to eat a full entree with apps there for lunch everyday (for example), so instead I eat where I want but less often, or don't consume the entire dish in one sitting, as mentioned in the OP. Please note that you were the one that responded to another poster stating it was bad to eat there if you were attempting to lose weight. I'm just clarifying that's not necessarily the case!

Fair enough. But when I Googled a couple of my favorite dishes, I found that if I want to consume the entire dish (which I did) it was near the equal of eating 8 ounces of lard in fat content. And I think the lard would have been lower calorie!

But I don't at all disagree with your primary point. With enough discipline, just about any food on earth can be eaten at portions or intervals that keep it healthy.

kwtilbury wrote: »
    I can skip thier breadsticks.. but love thier salad. I could eat a whole bowl of it alone. lol

It's about the only healthy thing on the menu! :)

My wife wanted to hit Olive Garden a few weeks back. After Googling the nutritional content of the food, I ordered the most boring fish ever. Many of their meals may as well be fried fat, covered with fat, served on a bed of fat.

Salad and breadsticks is probably one of the best choices!

If by "healthy", you mean low in calories and/or fat, Olive Garden's house salad is definitely not "healthy".

Agreed. I should have said "less unhealthy" vs the wording I used. Of the entire menu, I think only a few soups and maybe some of the veggie sides could be considered healthy food for most.

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    sinbadfxdl wrote: »
    Go ahead eat all the bread you want. Then tell us why you can't lose weight.

i ate cheese on toast for breakfast, and am currently a skinny lady. come at me bro.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I love their breadsticks! I don't think I could eat a breadstick sandwich, because I wouldn't want to stop with one. Pure evil.
  • rapunzel1029
    rapunzel1029 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did you know you can make the cheesy biscuits from Red Lobster at home?!?!? Like for real-Red Lobster cheesy biscuit mix. So dangerous. Don't Google it. Don't. lol
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Call me weird, but those bread sticks just never did it for me! But then again, that could be because they always came out with the Chicken & Gnocchi soup I'd order... oh how I could eat that stuff all day if it weren't for the sodium content x///x It's just hard to take time to eat a bread stick when I have endless amounts of my favorite soup right next to it!

That being said, I work at Texas Roadhouse.
    It kills me seeing so many of those rolls.
    And that honey cinnamon butter.
    Don't get me started on those.
    Now THOSE do the real killing! (around 227 calories per roll, not including the butter you can't help but smother it in)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    texas roadhouse rolls are ammmaaazzzinnngg. damn.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Have you seen the cheddar biscuit mix at the grocery store? It's their exact recipe, not one of those copycat ones you see online.
    They're dangerous
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Call me weird, but those bread sticks just never did it for me! But then again, that could be because they always came out with the Chicken & Gnocchi soup I'd order... oh how I could eat that stuff all day if it weren't for the sodium content x///x It's just hard to take time to eat a bread stick when I have endless amounts of my favorite soup right next to it!

That's why you dip the breadstick into the soup! :open_mouth:

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Now I want bread that is terrible for me, ha ha. Olive Garden or Red Lobster, I'm non-discriminatory when it comes to bread! Red Lobster has endless shrimp right now though... so they may win out!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going there on Wednesday- gots to carb load it up peoples.

I do love their bread and their salad- I tend to not care about the food that much honestly.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    140 calories for a "breadstick"? That's obscene.

Demi-baguette more like.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

Demi-baguette more like.

FKS given.

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Demi-baguette more like.

FKS given.

Geez, ok.

Bread baton then.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden breaksticks don't tempt me at all. I'd take a warm Cheddar Bay Biscuit at Red Lobster over the OG breakstick any day. Just one though. I make them take away the excess biscuits!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    mmm bread
  • JoRocka
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Demi-baguette more like.

FKS given.

Geez, ok.

Bread baton then.

I wasn't mad at it- LOL- I mean they ARE calorie heavy - but I'm still gonna be eating them- that's what I was saying LOL
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Gosh, I thought this would be about something good. Moving on!

Oh trust me kind sir I realize it isn't something good. ..but I wanted to post it anyways due to the fact that it is something great!!!
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Olive Garden bread sticks? Meh. Logan's Roadhouse rolls? Heaven on earth. I could make a meal out out of them.

OMG that flipping cinnamon butter the use...I mean...why is that not on my bedside table...probably because it needs to be refrigerated I guess...