"You should be fat Amy for Halloween"

Options
I'm 23 Years old and 240 pounds, and 5'2. I've been on this journey on and off for awhile but I always have trouble staying motivated so hopefully this app will help me. Yesterday one of my "friends" made a comment saying I should be fat Amy(from the movie pitch perfect) for Halloween. I've been so bothered by that, and now I really want to lose this weight so at least by next year all of this weight can be gone. I need friends on a similar journey to help along the way

Replies

• jazzyj1230
    jazzyj1230 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry someone said that to you. That's extremely hurtful. You could join my challenge if you would like. My challenge is to try to lose 10 lbs by Halloween. Not sure if this is something you would be interested but nevertheless you can add me as a friend and I will help with encouraging you on your journey!
  • briannaj52
    briannaj52 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    jazzyj1230 wrote: »
    I'm sorry someone said that to you. That's extremely hurtful. You could join my challenge if you would like. My challenge is to try to lose 10 lbs by Halloween. Not sure if this is something you would be interested but nevertheless you can add me as a friend and I will help with encouraging you on your journey!

Thank you so much! I will add you!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wow...with friends like that, who needs enemies?

i18sdmf1rg9c.jpg

I've found this app to be very helpful; good luck to you!
  • briannaj52
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Wow...with friends like that, who needs enemies?

i18sdmf1rg9c.jpg

I've found this app to be very helpful; good luck to you!

Yeah it was a very hurtful thing to say. Thank you for the support!
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What a crappy thing to say. I hope it didn't get you too down, people like that aren't worth wasting energy on IMO. Feel free to add me, I'm happy to do what little I can to help you with your journey. I have found the community aspect of this website/app super helpful with mine.
  • briannaj52
    Options
    jayjay_90 wrote: »
    What a crappy thing to say. I hope it didn't get you too down, people like that aren't worth wasting energy on IMO. Feel free to add me, I'm happy to do what little I can to help you with your journey. I have found the community aspect of this website/app super helpful with mine.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the support!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    First off, ditch the "friend"! Then, do you for you. :smile: Slow and steady wins the race, but if you commit and use the app everyday for every bite, you'll be shocked at how successful you'll be. I highly recommend the getting started posts--tons of useful information.

Good luck!
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You can lose 10lbs by the end of October! Don't give up even when you feel like nothing is working this is a marathon not a sprint. I need to remind my self of that ALL the time! Hang in there!
  • beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone I wouldn't want to associate anymore. You can do anything you set your mind to! Feel free to add me!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    wow how rude.
  • briannaj52
    Options
    First off, ditch the "friend"! Then, do you for you. :smile: Slow and steady wins the race, but if you commit and use the app everyday for every bite, you'll be shocked at how successful you'll be. I highly recommend the getting started posts--tons of useful information.

Good luck!

Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate the support
  • briannaj52
    Options
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    You can lose 10lbs by the end of October! Don't give up even when you feel like nothing is working this is a marathon not a sprint. I need to remind my self of that ALL the time! Hang in there!

As hurtful as that comment was, I think that might have been the push that I need to finally get serious about losing the weight
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago, one of my best friends suggested that she be Honey Boo Boo and I be Mama June for halloween. She's 5 feet tall and maybe 115 pounds. I'm 5'10 and, at the time, I weighed close to 300 pounds. I was extremely offended, but eventually forgave her... AFTER I gave her a piece of my mind, of course. ;)

You CAN do this! This app is fantastic; stick with it and you'll be where you want to be in no time. Also, let your "friend's" rude suggestion fuel you, not bother you.

I think you look like Selena Gomez, btw... maybe you should be her for Halloween! :)
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That was so cruel that somebody said that. I had this abuse in my early days of dieting, but you know what that was my incentive to get fit and I did. So far I have lost 46kg, those people who were cruel now want to chat to me, I told them to F..K off. So you have come to the right place, get a good group of friends behind you. Hey your journey has begun, good luck :))
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry someone you consider a friend said something hurtful. MFP is a great tool. Make some pals to keep you focused. You got this!

You are gorgeous by the way, much prettier than any of the girls in that movie franchise in my honest opinion.
  • briannaj52
    Options
    A couple years ago, one of my best friends suggested that she be Honey Boo Boo and I be Mama June for halloween. She's 5 feet tall and maybe 115 pounds. I'm 5'10 and, at the time, I weighed close to 300 pounds. I was extremely offended, but eventually forgave her... AFTER I gave her a piece of my mind, of course. ;)

You CAN do this! This app is fantastic; stick with it and you'll be where you want to be in no time. Also, let your "friend's" rude suggestion fuel you, not bother you.

I think you look like Selena Gomez, btw... maybe you should be her for Halloween! :)

I was really bummed out by the comment but now I feel like it's what I needed, and proving him wrong got me thru my cardio this morning lol so this is a start! You are the first to tell me that! Thank you
  • briannaj52
    Options
    That was so cruel that somebody said that. I had this abuse in my early days of dieting, but you know what that was my incentive to get fit and I did. So far I have lost 46kg, those people who were cruel now want to chat to me, I told them to F..K off. So you have come to the right place, get a good group of friends behind you. Hey your journey has begun, good luck :))

Thank you for your kind words!
  • briannaj52
    Options
    morkiemama wrote: »
    I am very sorry someone you consider a friend said something hurtful. MFP is a great tool. Make some pals to keep you focused. You got this!

You are gorgeous by the way, much prettier than any of the girls in that movie franchise in my honest opinion.

Thank you so much!
  • pussingtonp
    pussingtonp Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wishing you lots of luck, sometimes it's hard when other people make thoughtless comments but think of it this way you are trying to lose the weight and change that thing that's bad about you, and this time next year you won't be anything like "fat amy" but your friend will still be a *kitten* :)
  • briannaj52
    Options
    scottyxxx wrote: »
    Wishing you lots of luck, sometimes it's hard when other people make thoughtless comments but think of it this way you are trying to lose the weight and change that thing that's bad about you, and this time next year you won't be anything like "fat amy" but your friend will still be a *kitten* :)

Yeah he tends to speak before he thinks. Eventually once I've lost a good amount of weight I'll be so good he won't have anything negative to say