Dietary high horses

Options
glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
How do you not punch people in the face when they get on them?

Asking for a friend.

:)

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    By taking the high road. Smile and nod.

http://jokes.cc.com/funny-school/25160g/two-southern-ladies
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Lose more weight than them.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You two ladies rock!!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Unless it's me that has your friend in a twist. If it's me that's got on my high horse, be gracious, kind, and forgive me.
  • glassyo
    Options
    LOL I know! This was partly a joke...er venty thread than anything too that I've been wanting to post for a while.

This actually kinda goes for the people who say learn to cook when a person explicitly doesn't want to or want to make the time.

Again, venting for a friend. :p

• jgnatca
    Options
    Or, "eat less, move more", or, "leave the loser", or, "grow up and eat your veggies".
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    LIke this post!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am just under 4' 11" and even a pony is a high horse for me. That is why I pretty much ignore most horses/opinions and figure that everyone has a right to their opinion as I do to mine. I do what works for me, support when I feel I can and on the rest I don't waste my energy. It's really easy...
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Clicked on this thread hoping for some genuine horse discussion but after reading thru each post a few times I have not seen the correlation. I had a lot to say on seabiscuit...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Although I get tons of weight loss advice, I have never heard anyone in real life get on a dietary high horse. The "My diet is better than your diet!" stuff has only happened online.

I've had people discourage my weight loss and make fun of the weighing and healthy eating, but I cut those friendships off. To everything there is a season, you know? Time to move on.

On rare occasions, I've encountered the vegan who tells everyone why they're vegan, but it's a rare occurrence and has not been my typical experience with vegans.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Clicked on this thread hoping for some genuine horse discussion but after reading thru each post a few times I have not seen the correlation. I had a lot to say on seabiscuit...

The movie brought tears to my eyes...or shall we say, I was a blubbering idiot!
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Damn you seabiscuit you American hero!!!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Damn you seabiscuit you American hero!!!!

Yup...that's what I was saying the whole time....us silly Canadians cry easily!! (On a serious note, very touching story!)
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Ooooh very touching and I was born in canada so I know all to well the curse of the sensitive heart....
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of high horses.

People who think their way is the only way- I admire their steadfastness, pity their inflexibility, and try not to have them as a friend. I am way too laid back.

Jgnatca, love your the old lady joke.
    Cheers, h.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I cheerfully nod my head and then enjoy the apple crisp (homemade, with flaxseed/fresh ground whole wheat and real butter, along with freshly picked apples) that I just made. :open_mouth:
  • jld1975
    jld1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is my first participation on here- I have to say, high horses drive me crazy. Where I live in Colorado, almost everyone is thin and looks fit, but a lot of people have diets I think are bordering on eating disorders, and they are very evangelical about them. I think it may soon be a crime to eat gluten here, and there are more people on paleo diets than I can count. That is nice if it works for you, but it does not work for me. And, no, feeding your child grain is not child abuse.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If it weren't for my horse i wouldn't have spent that year in college.
  • glassyo
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Or, "eat less, move more", or, "leave the loser", or, "grow up and eat your veggies".

Wait, I agree with "leave the loser"!