Exercice, when?

13»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate this is but could there be issues with lifting weights first thing?

My understanding is your spine becomes more hydrated at night and early morning there is greater risk of injury.

Probably not an issue if doing cardio/body weight exercises.
    0jjrv4o5xypl.gif

lol..love HOUSE!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate this is but could there be issues with lifting weights first thing?

My understanding is your spine becomes more hydrated at night and early morning there is greater risk of injury.

Uh oh, I'm in trouble cause I've been weight lifting before 6 am for years, and no problems yet. :)

Do you wake up like 530 or later and are lifting weights by 6?

Also I did say increased risk. Not 100% guaranteed :smile:

At gym at 5:00 a.m. To lift.
    Also, your spine rehydrates through the night.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Uh oh, I'm in trouble cause I've been weight lifting before 6 am for years, and no problems yet. :)

Do you wake up like 530 or later and are lifting weights by 6?

Also I did say increased risk. Not 100% guaranteed :smile:

No, I do not wake up at 5:30 a.m. and start lifting weights by 6.

I wake up at 4 a.m. and start lifting weights by 4:30 a.m.

Maybe that makes a difference? :D
  • syl20rochon
    syl20rochon Posts: 9 Member
    Patttience wrote: »
    Exercise for health not for weightloss. Diet for weightloss. That is create a calorie deficit based on diet alone and only exercise if you feel like it and enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, exercise is great but people often lose motivation or don't feel like it and then their whole project falls apart becuase they get the guilts and which adds to the spiral.

So if you are doing it because you love it, fine. And exercise when it fits in with your day and energy levels.

if you have not lost anything over hte last week because or exercising before dinner, i'd suggest its your calories are too hight and not when you did your exercise.

• syl20rochon
    syl20rochon Posts: 9 Member
    I exercise because it makes me feel good and my calories are always between 1200-1400 with all the necessary vitamins, proteins, carbs, almost no cholesterol. I got a surprise this morning with another 1.4 pounds less. Yeah!