how long did it take you to loose 100lbs?

Options
Before anything is said I know my journey is my journey and I will reach my goals by the work I put in. But just out of curiosity how long did it take you to loose 100 pounds ? I love a good success story :-)

Replies

• cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    not quite at 100 yet... but 71 lbs - Started Jan 2013, so 2.5 years
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    13 months, give or take.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome...Thank you for sharing
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    11.5 months, give or take.
  • Winter_Girl92
    Winter_Girl92 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager I went on a really restrictive 'diet' which ended in a eating disorder. I lost 120 pounds in 6 months.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Over two years into it and still at about 93 pounds. I don't really know my highest weight. For all I know, it could be 100, but I'm going with 250 as a high and counting from there, so 93.8 pounds on the kaliometer. ;)
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I lost about 80lbs the first year, 20lbs the second year and i'm just now starting into my 3rd year. (30 more lbs until I'm in the healthy category) Everyones results will vary. For reference I'm a 33yr old, 5'5 female, with a starting weight of 275lbs. Good luck to you!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My first year "on program" I lost about 77 pounds. I think it took another 2-3 months to lose the other 23. I was averaging a loss of 1.5 pounds/week.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    About 14 1/2 months.
    A video story of my journey, from my trainer:
    https://www.facebook.com/GetfitPT/videos/vb.241674085965567/704218469711124/?type=2&theater
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    13 months for 95 lb. Would like to lose 5-7 lb more, but have been maintaining for a while since I wanted to focus on other aspects of fitness.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    18 months for 96 pounds and then another 6 - 9 months to change my body composition (lower body fat and increase muscle mass). I could have save myself a bunch of time if I'd started lifting a lot sooner!
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing. Your stories give me hope
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Not quite there yet!
    I went from 260 to 189 in about 3 years.
  • HolleHooks
    HolleHooks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to get started and 100lbs would be GREAT!
  • HolleHooks
    HolleHooks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to not eat through the day and come home late in the evening STARVING! Any advice for me?
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    HolleHooks wrote: »
    I tend to not eat through the day and come home late in the evening STARVING! Any advice for me?

Eat during the day?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    HolleHooks wrote: »

Eat during the day?

LOL
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing. Your stories give me hope

YES THERE IS HOPE!!! Many before you have done it and you can too. Commitment, consistency, and patience.
  • nomoreforu4u
    nomoreforu4u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost about 80lbs the first year, 20lbs the second year and i'm just now starting into my 3rd year. (30 more lbs until I'm in the healthy category) Everyones results will vary. For reference I'm a 33yr old, 5'5 female, with a starting weight of 275lbs. Good luck to you!

• nomoreforu4u
    nomoreforu4u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you consume? I am trying to measure mine. Wondering if I'm doing it right.