Replies

• Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    rice...........crazy how many calories
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    kale. That stuff is nasty at any calorie content.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Pints of Ben & Jerry's.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't try to avoid fat (it's delicious and my body needs it!), but for calories I only eat bread and rice occasionally. I almost never have juice.

• placidegirl
    placidegirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Marcia661 wrote: »
    rice...........crazy how many calories
    same with pasta I guess but I can't always resist ;-)
  • placidegirl
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    kale. That stuff is nasty at any calorie content.

not digging kale either
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    Not food but I was shocked how many calories those fancy coffee drinks can have. That's fine, saves money.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. I love them but 400 calories for one pouch is crazy. I occasionally splurge and have them for a meal. I know I will be hungry though, LOL.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I avoid Mochas and switched to regular drip coffee, I also no longer put cheese on my meat sandwiches. I'd rather have the cheese melted over some tortilla chips at night before bed lol.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I avoid Mochas and switched to regular drip coffee, I also no longer put cheese on my meat sandwiches. I'd rather have the cheese melted over some tortilla chips at night before bed lol.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with fat content? I have trouble hitting my daily fat macro, so I often work full fat ingredients into my diet. There's nothing I avoid from a fat content perspective.

From a total calories standpoint, I don't actually avoid anything as much as I avoid spontaneously eating certain foods. I love me some Wendy's, but I have to work that into my calories, which means carefully planning that into my week so it doesn't push me over my goal.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bread, rice, pasta, potatoes
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    and cutting back on alcohol. :/
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with fat content? I have trouble hitting my daily fat macro, so I often work full fat ingredients into my diet. There's nothing I avoid from a fat content perspective.

Yep agree to this too. The '90s "low fat" craze as a method of weight management has pretty much been debunked.

Fat is an essential dietary macronutrient.

• drrae65
    drrae65 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    soda! soda soda soda!
  • lizred11
    lizred11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tomato soup XD It's very addicting
  • placidegirl
    Options

From a total calories standpoint, I don't actually avoid anything as much as I avoid spontaneously eating certain foods. I love me some Wendy's, but I have to work that into my calories, which means carefully planning that into my week so it doesn't push me over my goal.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with fat - I was asking what you avoid because you can't justify the amount of fat in it compared to how good it tastes or is. Sorry for the confusion
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I didn't say there was anything wrong with fat - I was asking what you avoid because you can't justify the amount of fat in it compared to how good it tastes or is. Sorry for the confusion

The point is that we don't have to justify eating fat. We need fat. It doesn't harm us.

If someone wants to avoid mayo because it isn't worth the calories to them, that makes sense. But avoiding it for fat doesn't really make sense.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I try hard not to drink my calories. I'm not really a soda junkie, thankfully, so it isn't hard to stick to water. However, I do LOVE milkshakes, but I try extremely hard not to have them. I can't justify all those calories from just a drink!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out entirely. But there are definitely foods I've cut back on because they just don't seem worth the calories. Rice (other than sushi rice), pasta with cream sauce, french fries and other starchy side dishes have been cut *way* back. Also, I've cut out most of the "meh" or third-rate quality chocolate, cookies and chips, preferring to spend my calories on the really good, high-quality stuff.