Morning snack ideas from my friends in the USA?

Options
Good evening people (well it is here in UK). What do you all have for morning snack? I'm stuck. Any good tips? What we eat here in UK is not as good as an example as you in USA...most of the time, ha ha:)

Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    coffee :) get nicely caffeinated
  • lsilva1106
    lsilva1106 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, i would scramble couple eggs and chopped tomatoes, onion, sprinkle either mozzarella or parmesan cheese salt and peepper.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Usually a piece of fruit.
    Right now honey crisp apples are in season and I got some from our local farmers market so I am having them for my morning snack.
  • lsilva1106
    lsilva1106 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    oops sorry you said snack... baby carrots :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    banana
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruit, especially berries

That's about it. I don't do much morning snacking.

I watch the Great British Bakeoff. It certainly looks like you all have some good bakers over there. :)
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have Lox on a Ezekiel Toast with Laughing cow cheese, super duper filling like a meal!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I go for fruit most mornings. Greek yogurt or mixed nuts if I'm feeling more hungry than usual.

~Lyssa
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Brit in Can has Greek yogurt with half a Smart for Life protein bar crumbled in it and a few berries. 180-200 cals 16-18g protein, and best of all, very tasty.

Kalikel, I watch it too. Drool.

Cheers, h.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and honey or greek yogurt, raisins and a banana are my go to's
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A piece of cheese, pistachios and some grapes.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I just discovered something new for fall breakfasts. I roasted an acorn squash with pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup for dinner one night. Then in the morning took some of that and warmed it up then topped it with some plain Greek yogurt, pecans and a drizzle of honey. Very yummy.
  • sonya1116
    sonya1116 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like an orange or apple for a snack. They are easy to take with you on the run!
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    coffee :) get nicely caffeinated

Fatty Coffee!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't really snack in the morning unless I wake up much earlier than normal.
    I like things like fruit, raw vegetables (carrots, tomato, peppers), cheese, popcorn, granola bar, olives, or yogurt for snacks.

edamame
    cottage cheese
    peanut butter
    deviled eggs
    trail mix- nuts, dried fruit, pretzels
    hummus
    pickles

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I usually have an early lunch instead, but when I have a snack, it's typically some kind of protein or granola bar or nuts or Greek yogurt with some fruit.
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    I just discovered something new for fall breakfasts. I roasted an acorn squash with pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup for dinner one night. Then in the morning took some of that and warmed it up then topped it with some plain Greek yogurt, pecans and a drizzle of honey. Very yummy.

That sounds delightful. I think I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!
  • veephil31
    veephil31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn for an AM snack
  • Sarah72936
    Sarah72936 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    red bell peppers with or without hummus
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed with cinnamon Graham crackers and either PB2 or peanut butter, depending on which fits into my day. Not the healthiest, but I have a sweet tooth like no other.