What food do you avoid as its not worth the calories and/or fat content

Options

Replies

• lexioflakes93
    lexioflakes93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pizza. So dang delicious that I know I can't control myself so I end up eating a horrific amount of calories. Plus all that cheese means a major tummy ache
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'd be happy if I could get myself to eat mayo. My fat intake is on the low side because I like to eat high volume.

I don't really eat oats, breads, pasta, or bananas. I prefer cookies and meat.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cooking-with-dr-sara-guilt-free-pizza.html May be an option worth trying. I love it with my own modifications.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Loling at all the kale haters. On my other forum, cilantro was the most hated food.

I will admit that eating old, tough kale is like chewing grass - one reason I grow kale - to get fresh, tender leaves.
  • rajanveer
    rajanveer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In a nutshell NUTS
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Hmmm? I haven't really cut out anything completely but I don't have certain things very often due to the high calorie content.

I use to eat a lot of the following but now I just have them every so often as a treat:

1. Coke
    2. Ice cream
    3. Popcorn
    4. In-N-Out Burger
    5. Burritos

The in and out burger is actually pretty low cal. I eat it for lunch sometimes and it's filling and keeps me in my range. Now the fries are another thing...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Any and all processed foods.
  • aemw93
    aemw93 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try not to avoid anything as it just makes me want it so much more! However, my weaknesses are pints of ben & jerry's or tubes of pringles... once they're open I have to finish it all :wink:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Pasta, the mango OJ sitting in my fridge, syrup, buns on sandwiches (I take the top half off), coconut chips. I am curious about the cauliflower "rice" and how the texture is compared to regular rice. Because rice is another heavy caloric hit!
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Alcohol, coffee drinks, juice, muffins.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Cheetos. Bread. Canned soups. Very,very rarely eat any of the three anymore. And also envelope gravies, hollandaise sauce. ewww. Take out Chinese food. No. or very picky. Small portions. Never had a sweet tooth so fine there. Kale. No thanks. I prefer spinach any day.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice - I could eat the stuff for less calories!
    I once in a while have a curiosity for it - then I check the nutritional label and go "nuh uh!"

I try to reach for coconut water when I want something less boring than water.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I can't say i never shun anything permanently except straight milk, but that's because of tummy issues and not calories. I do avoid my husband fried potato creations, but taste wise, it's so not worth the calories. :p

I seldom drink juice and carefully consider my remaining macros before consuming baked goodies or candy.
  • crys_todd
    crys_todd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mayo is mine too. I don't understand the mayo obsession and why it comes default on everything!

Also liquid calories like soda and juice. They do nothing to fill me up and I'm just as happy with water or ice tea.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Definitely Starbucks drinks - way too many calories, the most I will order is a tall cappuccino, only 90 calories.

I second the crappy junk food, I don't eat packaged cookies or ice cream, if I'm going to splurge on sweets I want it to be amazing.
  • jyoungmc
    jyoungmc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mac n cheese
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid fat at all. I do avoid added sugar...so no cakes, cookies, ice cream, soda. I also don't eat bread, pasta, rice, potato...not worth the carbs or the calories.