Anyone out there over 60

Options
Can't wait to get started. First time joining a message board. Any tips?

Replies

• behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, here I am, pretty much in the same boat. I am retired and I am beginning to think this is my new occupation. I am just trying to stay consistently logging my food and activity. I set my alarm to wake at 7 right now, funny how quickly the up by dawn person disappeared. On a strict exercise schedule daily. 4 days I do water aroebics, 2 days silver sneakers (exercise in a group), 1 day Zumba Gold ( fun but it may kill me). Just moved my way up to this point. Now today I started to go to water aroebics early so I could walk in the water for an hour. On silver sneaker Mon and Wed. I will add a treadmill for a mile, that is my plan, so far. We shall see how my left knee complains about the new adjustments.
    As for tips just keep on doing and posting.
  • behnybaby
    Options
    add me as a friend if you would like.
  • EleanorStefaniuk
    Options
    Hi am also in my 60s and retired. I seem to be always thinking about food and weight. Just want to get healthy and active and get this weight off for good
  • mcrower
    mcrower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am over 60 and was on MFP about 5 years ago and lost 40+ lbs...and most I have gained back, unfortunately. Starting over and want to get the weight off...most of my clothes are way too tight! I have 2 knee replacements, am retired from teaching at an University , live at the beach and enjoy road cycling, decorating and kayaking. I'd love to join the group to have some friends & motivation!
  • behnybaby
    Options
    Friend me if you'd like, I like the motivation especially when I may not be doing as well as I hoped, to see someone elses success gives me an I can do it too feeling.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Turned 60 this past January. Makes me over 60 now.
  • healthyeater1
    healthyeater1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in my sixties as from last month. I really like this site, but I've only been here a few weeks. I've lost 13kg since being diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic Jan 2014.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 65 and about to turn 66 in November. Yikes!! I have been on Myfitness Pal for quite some time and I think it really helps to keep us accountable. I have lost 42 pounds since my heaviest weight and 19 pounds since April of this year. I don't know about you all but it seems like the weight is coming off really slow. I sometimes will stay at the same weight for two or three weeks, then I will finally lose a pound and every once in a while two pounds. I love reading the message boards. I get a lot of motivation and also recipe ideas..
  • asecrist
    asecrist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over 60 soon to retire. Need to get serious about getting in shape. Glad to find this site.
  • Limon421
    Limon421 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello turning 69 in November so still in the 60s.
    I follow ww but track every thing on map using pacer also. Have lost 55lbs. But it's taken me 2 years. Loosing real slow. Want to loose 40 more.
  • behnybaby
    Options
    That's great, having a slow go it too. I am hoping it is waiting to surprise me.