I need a crisp substitute (chip for nice american people)

Options
greghert
greghert Posts: 17 Member
I can eat a lot of celery, salad, raw veg and alike, but what I crave is crisps and would really like to find a healthy alternative.

Anyone have any substitutes for that particular type of "nom nom nom loveliness" I would be eternally grateful

thanks

:smile:

Replies

• barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a potato chip addict so I needed something crunchy, too. I really like Special K savory herb crackers. :-D
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If you like these then you will love them, Lightly salted Roasted Seaweed, Crisp Salty Only 60 calories for the whole package and they are extremely low in sodium 3% of your daily value. I buy them 20 at a time they are only a dollar at trader joe's. You just can't beat that.
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you like these then you will love them, Lightly salted Roasted Seaweed, Crisp Salty Only 60 calories for the whole package and they are extremely low in sodium 3% of your daily value. I buy them 20 at a time they are only a dollar at trader joe's. You just can't beat that.

I love these as well!!
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    PopChips are amazing

22 of them for 120 calories! My favorite are the seasalt and vinegar ones! SO GOOD.

They aren't baked or fried, just apply pressure and heat until they "pop"
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Finncrisp !
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i've heard people suggest homemade kale chips. i'm not a chippy person, so i never looked into it, but i assume Google has the information you need.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Quaker makes mini rice cakes that are flavored like chips. It's a great substitute for me!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    love the Special K Cracker Chips.... 27-30 chips are 110 calories. they do have 200+ mg of sodium though.
  • jezirus
    jezirus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have made the roasted kale chips... if you do them right, they are great!
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Chips are my down fall.....I've been snacking on Pringles Stix (they come in a few flavours - my fav is jalapeño) and also Lays Baked chips which again come in different flavours - I find the dill pickle yummy. If you like cheezies, they have a baked Cheetos that come in the pre-portioned packages which are tasty as well.......ugg, it's only 8:52 a.m. and now I want CHIPS - haha! :drinker:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I buy the back to nature 15 is a serving...
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love velvet crunch only 81 cals a bag : )
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    if it's just for you, you can make your own - fat free, with a potato and a microwave

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Microwave-Potato-Chips/Detail.aspx

I've done this before, but I didn't have the parchment paper, so I lightly sprayed my plate with a little oil, just make sure to slice the potatoes thin (a mandolin would help)
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Brother's All Natural Potato Crisps!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    love the Special K Cracker Chips.... 27-30 chips are 110 calories. they do have 200+ mg of sodium though.

I just tried these....and LOVE them... a great chip alternative
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    PopChips are amazing

22 of them for 120 calories! My favorite are the seasalt and vinegar ones! SO GOOD.

They aren't baked or fried, just apply pressure and heat until they "pop"

These are soooo good:) i discovered them couple weeks ago:)
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Not ever seen these, maybe their not in the UK?? ;0(
  • greghert
    greghert Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks loads Emmy

I've had them before but never thought of them as low fat ... wow

I think Waitrose do them I will score a truck load on the way home

cheers

G
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I like Seneca apple chips. I'm not sure if you can get them outside of the US though. So good!