would you consider liposuction?

Options
If you've got the money and stubborn fat I don't see a problem with it. Could be a solution to getting decent abs without the gaunt face many people get at that low body fat %.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    not really. at least, i dont think so.

what i would consider is possible excess skin removal (which i am hoping isnt TOO Much of an issue for me with time) and definitely a boob job- not to change size, just to pick the girls back up LOLOLOL
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to be popular for this but - yes, I would consider liposuction if:

* I had exhausted all other avenues
    * if it was a little less intrusive than it sounds.
    * If I had the money and spare time for the recovery
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to be popular for this but - yes, I would consider liposuction if:

* I had exhausted all other avenues
    * if it was a little less intrusive than it sounds.
    * If I had the money and spare time for the recovery

Same, so probably not. Heck I can't even imagine shelling money to get rid of my loose skin, and I have the belly of a sharpei.
  • TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    TheopolisAmbroiseIII Posts: 197 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I saw Anna Richardson get lipo on one upper arm (self proclaimed 'bingo wings') on an episode of Supersize vs Superskinny (a BBC show where an overeater and undereater switch diets for a few days to enlighten each other about the unhealthiness of their own lifestyle by seeing it through the eyes of someone opposite them).

I would not do that. Her whole arm was a huge bruise and it looked intensely painful.

That said, I wouldn't judge another who underwent it. It's not a moral thing for me, just that I wouldn't want to go through the recovery time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I don't really care enough about what my abs look like to spend the money or take on the discomfort/risks of liposuction. I think I can be happy with my body with just diet and exercise changes.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have pierced things, and scarred/ inked parts of my body. I dont want cosmetic surgery. Strange...
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't put myself through an unnecessary procedure that carried potential risks. I'd also feel I'd be betraying my ethics to spend that type of money on unnecessary cosmetic procedures when so much of the world doesn't have access to proper medical care. If I had that money to waste on something I'd prefer to donate it.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I'd rather not have a procedure that carries risks for purely cosmetic reasons.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of plastic surgery, but only for things I cannot change myself. So no, I would not do that.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For me, no way. IMO its not worth the risks, pain and expense.

For others, I don't care. Your money, your body.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I'd rather not have a procedure that carries risks for purely cosmetic reasons.

This for me too.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I think plastic surgery is a very personal decision, and it's not for me to judge other people's choices. If someone has struggled with body image issues, it may or may not help them depending on where they are at psychologically. It's an invasive procedure that could potentially be fatal, so it's something that should not be taken lightly.

That being said, I don't need it as I don't have stubborn stomach fat. However, if I did have stubborn stomach fat that wouldn't go away and I was a healthy weight, and had a solid excersize regim that I followed, and the stomach fat remained, then yes, I would get it.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Well, first off I could never afford it nor the time off work so it's never happening for me.

If I could (and could muster up the balls to go through with it) I would definitely have my thighs (mainly back of my legs) done. I have obscene amounts of cellulite. Like....bad. I'm going to work on that as much as I can, but it makes me very self conscious. I've read that lipo can actually make it look worse though...
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't put myself through an unnecessary procedure that carried potential risks. I'd also feel I'd be betraying my ethics to spend that type of money on unnecessary cosmetic procedures when so much of the world doesn't have access to proper medical care. If I had that money to waste on something I'd prefer to donate it.

great point, and I do also think about all the disposable incomes people waste on gym memberships and exercise equipment when they just need to eat less and move more. Still I think it's a personal matter as to where you draw the line.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    One name: Tara Reid
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Im 57 years old, most of my adult life I have had bowling balls on the outside of my my upper thighs. They are going down considerably as I lose weight, 75 lbs so far. If they are still there after I reach goal weight, 20 more lbs, and stay at goal weight, I would consider lyposuction as that is the one area of my body that I despise. I can deal with my loose skin and saggy boobs, but that has gotta go, one way or another.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of my belly that i'd stick a vacuum cleaner in there if I thought it would help. LOL

I think if I had the time, money and wasn't a complete wuss when it comes to surgery (especially unnecessary surgery) and pain, I might think about it.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    For sure B)