Woke Up Defeated

Options
I woke up really overheated and sleepy even though I went to bed at 8pm. I never fully fell asleep. All I can think about is having a fountain soda!!! I have not had anything but water for 9 days! I have work out challenges I need to complete and b/c I am new to working out the exercises are simple, but even that seems overwhelming. My body says to eat...BUT I do not even want to do that. UGH. I hate this feeling! I need so motivation & encouragement wouldn't hurt.

Replies

• farminguitarist
    farminguitarist Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do this! I once did a 30 day challange and te first 2 weeks were so hard to stay with but once I got the ball rolling I was looking forward to it. It is hard to break habits. Maybe some flavored water would make you feel better? I know you can do it! :)
  • lacyjay87
    lacyjay87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do this! I once did a 30 day challange and te first 2 weeks were so hard to stay with but once I got the ball rolling I was looking forward to it. It is hard to break habits. Maybe some flavored water would make you feel better? I know you can do it! :)

Thanks! I think I will try that. I do have flavor packs that my hubby and daughter use. I hate that they have aspartame in them...BUT I think I need a change. Maybe once I do that I will feel like moving around.
  • HisQueen617
    HisQueen617 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Felt like I was reading my own thoughts when I came across this post!!!! I hardly ever sleep more than a total of about 5-6hrs a night and it's never consistent. I randomly weighed myself this morning and just wanted to cry. So here I go for the 100th time trying to get weight and inches off and just the thought has me exhausted. You can definitely do it. Baby steps!!! That's the best advice I could give - not that I'm in the best place to offer advice :smile: but the best thing for me is always baby steps. Also, I slice lemon, lime, and sometimes even thinly sliced oranges and put them all in a gallon bottle of cold water and drink from that. It's not soda but it's tasty and doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it. You could give that a try? Good luck to you. You're not defeated at all.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    We all feel like this often, whether people admit it or not. These choices right now are the difference between the old you and someone new.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    We all feel like this often, whether people admit it or not. These choices right now are the difference between the old you and someone new.

Couldn't have said it better! It won't get easier if you wait or stop now. You know you need to do this now. A great idea for a drink similar to pop is 1/3 glass cranberry juice and 2/3 soda water. a spritz of lime too uf you like. it's refreshing and fizzy and might quench your fountain drink craving.
  • itsafatrose
    itsafatrose Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try Lipton Sparkling Ice Teas! The peach and raspberry taste like soda with only 70 calories a can and no artificial sweeteners!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    eat more, you have your weight loss set on the max, which is giving you the minimum amount of calories to get by on. Also having a quick look through your diary there are quite a few days in the last week were you only ate 1k calories.
    Personally I would adjust the weekly loss down to 1lb a week and make sure I ate the amount supplied. You say you don't even want to eat but maybe it's because you are so worn down, by eating too little and trying to do to much.
    You didn't get overweight overnight, so don't try and lose it all over night, adjust the loss to something with is maintainable and wont leave you feeling defeated.
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to make yourself naturally flavored water with items you already have in the house? They are delicious, healthy and easy to make

Such as:
    Strawberry Flavored Water:
    4-6 strawberries, hulled and quartered
    1/2 lemon, sliced
    Small handful of basil, scrunched
    Water

All you'll do is add water to your ingredients (make a gallon, it's easier unless you want to make individual ones), then place in the refrigerator overnight to give time for the flavors to infuse.
    You can play with different flavors. Search the internet for flavor combinations that work together. Cucumber is a popular item and it tastes great!

Mason jars with lids also work GREAT! Just put in your ingredients, water etc... then screw on the top and place in the refrigerator. That way you can just take out one at a time. Just adjust your amount of ingredients by the size of your container.

Stay strong girl, you can do this!!! :)
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I use to get like that but stayed the course I do occasionally drink a sugar and calorie free fizzy something if You want to be 130lbs again stay the course.. There is a success section to this website look at it everyday it will help you see and believe it can be done.. I'm down 75 lbs this past year and 110 total. Here is a before and after.. Good luck..

d32bripbf17a.jpg

e5ibzeg679qw.png

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a miserable night. Go get yourself a diet soda from a soda fountain. Sounds really good, and has a small amount of caffeine to perk you up. And I'm going to assume that when you say you haven't had anything but water for 9 days, you mean "to drink."
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    lacyjay87 wrote: »
    I woke up really overheated and sleepy even though I went to bed at 8pm. I never fully fell asleep. All I can think about is having a fountain soda!!! I have not had anything but water for 9 days! I have work out challenges I need to complete and b/c I am new to working out the exercises are simple, but even that seems overwhelming. My body says to eat...BUT I do not even want to do that. UGH. I hate this feeling! I need so motivation & encouragement wouldn't hurt.

Take a nap! Seriously. Being sleep deprived totally affects your mood and ability to stay on track. You might feel so much better when you do.
  • Frideee
    Frideee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I came across a great thread a few minutes ago called "Just for Today". I posted my goals Just for Today. If I can just get through this one day I will be a success for today and start again tomorrow. Look up that thread. Its motivating me today.
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Nailed it.
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    Felt like I was reading my own thoughts when I came across this post!!!! I hardly ever sleep more than a total of about 5-6hrs a night and it's never consistent. I randomly weighed myself this morning and just wanted to cry. So here I go for the 100th time trying to get weight and inches off and just the thought has me exhausted. You can definitely do it. Baby steps!!! That's the best advice I could give - not that I'm in the best place to offer advice :smile: but the best thing for me is always baby steps. Also, I slice lemon, lime, and sometimes even thinly sliced oranges and put them all in a gallon bottle of cold water and drink from that. It's not soda but it's tasty and doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it. You could give that a try? Good luck to you. You're not defeated at all.

Thank you so much for the idea of the citrus in the water
  • lacyjay87
    Options

Your right! :)
  • lacyjay87
    Options

Couldn't have said it better! It won't get easier if you wait or stop now. You know you need to do this now. A great idea for a drink similar to pop is 1/3 glass cranberry juice and 2/3 soda water. a spritz of lime too uf you like. it's refreshing and fizzy and might quench your fountain drink craving.

Yes I need the fizz that is what I miss! Good Idea.
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    Try Lipton Sparkling Ice Teas! The peach and raspberry taste like soda with only 70 calories a can and no artificial sweeteners!

Thanks! will try all these ideas
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    eat more, you have your weight loss set on the max, which is giving you the minimum amount of calories to get by on. Also having a quick look through your diary there are quite a few days in the last week were you only ate 1k calories.
    Personally I would adjust the weekly loss down to 1lb a week and make sure I ate the amount supplied. You say you don't even want to eat but maybe it's because you are so worn down, by eating too little and trying to do to much.
    You didn't get overweight overnight, so don't try and lose it all over night, adjust the loss to something with is maintainable and wont leave you feeling defeated.

Thanks for the advice! I am on a physician supervised program and they told me to do 1200 cal 45 fat 105 and below carbs and 65-90 protein. Im eating every two hours and it is exhausting to eat that often. You have some good points. I will have to call them. Thank you.
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    Have you tried to make yourself naturally flavored water with items you already have in the house? They are delicious, healthy and easy to make

Such as:
    Strawberry Flavored Water:
    4-6 strawberries, hulled and quartered
    1/2 lemon, sliced
    Small handful of basil, scrunched
    Water

All you'll do is add water to your ingredients (make a gallon, it's easier unless you want to make individual ones), then place in the refrigerator overnight to give time for the flavors to infuse.
    You can play with different flavors. Search the internet for flavor combinations that work together. Cucumber is a popular item and it tastes great!

Mason jars with lids also work GREAT! Just put in your ingredients, water etc... then screw on the top and place in the refrigerator. That way you can just take out one at a time. Just adjust your amount of ingredients by the size of your container.

Stay strong girl, you can do this!!! :)

Thank you for the advice.
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    I use to get like that but stayed the course I do occasionally drink a sugar and calorie free fizzy something if You want to be 130lbs again stay the course.. There is a success section to this website look at it everyday it will help you see and believe it can be done.. I'm down 75 lbs this past year and 110 total. Here is a before and after.. Good luck..

d32bripbf17a.jpg

e5ibzeg679qw.png
    WOW! you look amazing! You have done an awesome job!!!