Any success stories with Flexible Dieting?

Wondering if its possible to lose weight in a steady and healthy manner without completely strict diets? Has anyone lost over 30 pounds with flexible dieting for example? :)

Replies

• MVG821
    MVG821 Posts: 28 Member
    My answer to that is a resounding yes!!!
    As long as you stick to your planned macros you will lose weight. I was able to go from 230lbs to 175lbs following this methodology. The best part is if you have a craving for some candy or pizza you can satisfy them as long as you hit your macros!!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Eat what you want without overeating.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    I'm at 48 lbs and still going. I generally only focus on overall calories.
  • rapunzel1029
    rapunzel1029 Posts: 20 Member
    I've lost over 50 pounds with IIFYM, cheat meals, etc. No foods off limits, just making better choices.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    50 pounds here.

Nothing strict. I eat the same meals my family eats. I just eat less than I used to, make far fewer trips to the vending machine, and exercise a lot more.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Nuke_64 wrote: »

Me too. Down 35 pounds and have no stress about my progress. All I worry about is CICO.

• TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Yes. Lost 28 pounds so far doing just that. :)
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    that's what I do and ive lost 28 pounds so far
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    yep! I'm down 79lbs eating about 80/20 healthy food and food i actually like. Just watch how much you're eating and move your body.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Me too - down 101lbs. I keep it simple, just keep focus, track, & move. I only eat things I really like.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Lost 26lbs eating everything I like, including lots of pizza and cookies :D A lot of things I switched to low/no fat options, and added more fruits to my diet, but overall ate whatever I wanted. IIFYM!
  • eliza8897
    eliza8897 Posts: 35 Member
    I've been dieting for over 2 months with a 1200 calorie allowance and very active. I've started at 171 and down to 147 with a "cheat" day built into week. Yes, it works!
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Been flexible eating (hate the word diet) forever! Bulking and cuts. You should enjoy yourself. People who kill themselves on a "diet" end up binge eating and destroying all their progress. Just hit your macros.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    I have lost over 120 pounds i never go below 1500 calories. EVER. I eat what I want and manage the portions. :) Feel free to friend me!
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Yes. Lost over 30 lbs. With IIFYM you eat according to your goals.
  • eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    MVG821 wrote: »
    My answer to that is a resounding yes!!!
    As long as you stick to your planned macros you will lose weight. I was able to go from 230lbs to 175lbs following this methodology. The best part is if you have a craving for some candy or pizza you can satisfy them as long as you hit your macros!!

I have been doing so for two months and a half and have lost 11 pounds!! I just have been seeing all of these success stories revolving around losing weight from low-calorie diets and Paleo/Vegan/etc restrictive diets that dont fit my body so I was hoping Id hear that flexible dieting can go a long way!
  • eskimohugger

Yeah Ive been doing that for two months and have lost 11 pounds! Have you ever had the issue of not being able to lose more fat, and did you lower your calories or increase exercise?
  • eskimohugger
    Jruzer wrote: »
    50 pounds here.

Nothing strict. I eat the same meals my family eats. I just eat less than I used to, make far fewer trips to the vending machine, and exercise a lot more.

How many times a week do you workout?
  • eskimohugger

Me too. Down 35 pounds and have no stress about my progress. All I worry about is CICO.

Sorry to ask, what does CICO mean?
  • eskimohugger
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Me too - down 101lbs. I keep it simple, just keep focus, track, & move. I only eat things I really like.

Do you do more cardio or weight training?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!