New Overeaters [Anonymous] Group

Options

Replies

• hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Tradition 3: The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.

The requirement for the online group is "The only requirement is to actively participate, sharing your experiences, strengths and hopes to help keep ourselves and others binge/purge free and abstinent."

Any reason why the requirement for the group is different than Tradition 3?
  • victorcastanon
    victorcastanon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely intrested I need all the support I could get. I've been a yo yo dieter my whole life Im successful at loosing wieght but I always fall back into my old ways and gain it back it is so frustrating
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing this group? If so, I;m very interested. Thanks!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a group like this. Please invite me if this is still active.
  • anewann2009
    anewann2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A new, Private group has been created to discuss the OA program through the 12 steps and tools of recovery. Because the group is private, the content of discussions is only viewable by those who have been invited into the group. If you are interested, please message me and I will extend an invite. Whether you are newly in OA, and Old-timer, or OA-curious, you are welcome to join. The only requirement is Active Participation because we could all use stories of experience, strength and hope to help keep us binge and/or purge free and to remain abstinente from bad eating behaviors.

Thanks
    :D

• anewann2009
    anewann2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Could you please add me to the group
  • bozzi2002
    bozzi2002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Want to join
  • BNCONTROL67
    BNCONTROL67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would very much like to join. I attended OA meetings a few years back and found wonderful support. Still read their material. Would love to join your group and help others and be helped one day at a time.
  • 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    A new, Private group has been created to discuss the OA program through the 12 steps and tools of recovery. Because the group is private, the content of discussions is only viewable by those who have been invited into the group. If you are interested, please message me and I will extend an invite. Whether you are newly in OA, and Old-timer, or OA-curious, you are welcome to join. The only requirement is Active Participation because we could all use stories of experience, strength and hope to help keep us binge and/or purge free and to remain abstinente from bad eating behaviors.

Thanks
    :D

I'd like it join as well. Thanks!
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join this group. I've had a problem with binging for as long as I can remember! And I really think that a group of people who understand exactly how I feel, could help me stay positive and motivated to not fall into my old cycle again!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    hmrambling wrote: »
    Tradition 3: The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.

The requirement for the online group is "The only requirement is to actively participate, sharing your experiences, strengths and hopes to help keep ourselves and others binge/purge free and abstinent."

Any reason why the requirement for the group is different than Tradition 3?

This is the requirement to join the forum, not the OA program. Additional detail is provided in the forum for those who are not familiar with recovery programs in general. Many people have expressed curiosity and have no clue about OA, so as they become more familiar by taking the questionnaire, participating in the step study/traditions, reviewing the Big Book and tools of recovery, they may or may not decide to become a member of OA.

Hope this clears it up for you.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    For those who are interested, please visit the link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-overeaters-anonymous
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Bumping for interest!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MNMsMonique
    MNMsMonique Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, if you are still accepting members.
  • Mockingslay
    Mockingslay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    The group name has changed to One Day at a Time (ODAT). The group now focuses on broader support in whatever journey you partake in, not just for recovery, but for accountability, and judgement-free support to help each other stay on track.
    Here is the link to the group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-one-day-at-a-time-odat
  • pebbles266
    pebbles266 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • SabrinaHillHursman
    Options
    BUMP for visibility

I'd like to join... could use the help