Do guys think weight loss is hot?

Options

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Ok this is really funny! I actually have a lot of guy friends and they have noticed my "change" for the better. It's funny though guys are not really aware of it, or at least to them it’s not that big of a deal. I have gotten "Robin you look different" they are kind of moronic at times about it, like they can't figure out what is different...I am like " I lost weight! dummy!" lol but they mean well and are very encouraging. Do no ever feel embarrassed about such an amazing thing!! If you embrace YOU then they will embrace YOU! Even 50+ lbs ago before I was on this site I loved myself, all 220lbs lol and I had great guys in my life. It’s all about how you project yourself :)

this is so halarious. when i lost a bunch of weight in 2007 my husband didn't notice until i reached 50lbs and put on a sexy outfit. then he did a double take and was like "what??? when did THIS happen???" lol.
  • femmerides
    Options
    PS if a guy wont date you when your "fat" vs "skinny" than NEXT his *kitten*!!! ♣ lol

Oh that's a crock of ****. If a guy cares about his body and works hard to make it look good, why would he be willing to settle for someone that doesn't take care of themselves?

If you don't care enough about yourself to make an effort, why should a guy care about you?

Besides, like it or not, guys do have "types" as well. I got a good friend that will only date extremely chunky women. I have friends that only date skinny women. I personally like a little more curves, but not too much.

I'm not saying a guy who only cares about looks is what you want, I'm just saying don't use lines like that as an excuse for when a guy isn't interested.

i totally agree. yes there are instances where one guy works super hard and doesn't mind if his wife or girlfriend gains a few lbs. however, i know that when i'm eating healthy and working out i REALLY want my husband to do so as well. however, he doesn't and i still love him just the same. and even though he's 60lbs heavier then he was when we got married i still think he's sexy as hell :-) and even though i was 70lbs heavier then i was on my wedding day he loved me every single day. and now that i'm only 20lbs heavier then i was on our wedding day he STILL loves me just the same.

another thing, yes personality is SUPER awesome but looks really do matter. if you're not physically attracted to someone then it probably won't work. keep in mind that what one person thinks is attractive may not be what you think is attractive. Also, losing weight gives you a new sense of being and you carry yourself differently. guys LOVE confidence. there are a lot of chunky girls that get a lot of attention because they think they're hot and they exude confidence. and there are a lot of super "hot" girls that are insecure and cant get a guy to buy them a drink because they either are too insecure or are super *****y or something.

anyways, if people notice you and think you're hotter then that's awesome. and don't hold anything against them. especially if they're your friends. they OBVIOUSLY thought you were awesome...that's why they were your friends :-)
  • femmerides
    Options
    There's more to it than physical appearance to attraction...when a women loses weight and gets fit she has more confidence in herself and carries her head higher...confidence is sexy, self assurance is sexy, loving yourself and what you are is sexy...that is all.

yes! this is exactly right
  • femmerides
    Options
    My Husband loved me at 162 lbs, when I was FAT...

Now that I am at 120 lbs. Achieved in 5 months and 10 days

He is very proud of me, he LOVES how my confidence has sky rocketed. I am more pleasant to be around.

Only bad thing is his wallet is gettin' smaller of each new sexy outfit I buy now :wink:

ya, the wallet is just gonna have to deal with it :-)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i was 80kgs when i met my hubby. in 6 months i ballooned to 96kg. then had kids and ate even more and went up to 106kg (and wasn't even pregnant then!). BUT..... i've been really confident throughout it all. i know what i've got and how to make it work for me, regardless of where i sit on the chunky scale. my hubby thinks i'm better now (at 91kg) purely because i'm looking after myself and feeling even better- that to him is what he sees, not my *kitten* increasing or decreasing in size.
    people still chat me up as much as they ever have, but i love to flirt a lot too so that hasn't really changed. but most of the blokes i work with are gay, or married and too scared to compliment another woman for fear of their wives!!!
    anyway, i really don't talk about weight loss much, but i do talk about being fitter and how that makes me feel. i think people like that enthusiasm and passion. i'd rather be around someone that was enthusiastic and passionate, rather than not!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    You might have ended the title with "do guys think?"

It's not an insult to men, their brains are just wired differently. And of course, they're ALL different. Some respond to confidence, some respond to the opposite. Some like slutty clothes, some don't.

The deeper question is why the HECK do we care so darn much? When I was 15 I lost a LOT of weight (over a hundred pounds.) And everyone treated me so differently my self esteem really suffered. I gained it (and then some) back. This time, 26 years later, I so don't care. It's for me. So I don't get my legs cut off due to diabetes, or I can run down the stairs if the house is on fire or the ice cream truck is coming.

That being said, it's still pretty darn awesome when people notice. I went to see a friend and his band play the other day and he LITERALLY missed a beat when he saw me come in. 11 pounds doesn't say much-but 14 inches, skinny jeans and high heels sure do apparently!
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    There's more to it than physical appearance to attraction...when a women loses weight and gets fit she has more confidence in herself and carries her head higher...confidence is sexy, self assurance is sexy, loving yourself and what you are is sexy...that is all.

I agree with this gentlemen right here ^

Also, you guys are hiliarious!! I love the funny and honest responses!!!!!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    guys, it's a trap.. don't respond:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    My guy has said and has done nothing. It makes me feel great and motivated! :| Other men i have notice take notice and then i shoot them a death stare and then I keep walking, I do this because i am a nice person. :)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    My husband can't keep his hands off me and is constantly complimenting me. He is such a wonderful husband. I think he is turned on, greatly!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If weight loss equals feeling better about yourself....then hell yes. Attitude is everything.
  • iKchuuuu
    iKchuuuu Posts: 13
    Options
    I think guys do think women, who are thin and attractive are hotter then the fatter women.
    I'm not gonna lie there, because thats whats been imprinted into our brains.
    All these models, and actresses have this to die for body and men go crazy over it.

Sometimes men say looks are just a bonus, but come on girls really?
    Men do not wank over personality do they?!
    NO they dont!

It sounds harsh and I may offend a few people, but its the truth.
    Men like a curvy women, someone who has an *kitten*, nice boobs and a nice pair of legs!
    And when it gets to the stomach, Im not so sure.
    Cause a stomach too thin sometimes makes you look underweight, but then a stomach with a lot on it,
    makes you look kinda fat, and thats how i feel right now.

I like this guy, who loves flat stomach's, he says mines nice,
    but i dont believe him cause when i look in the mirror, it's not flat to me.
    Now, i dont know if he's just saying all this because he's getting lucky whenever we meet.
    Or is he actually being genuine?!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    PS if a guy wont date you when your "fat" vs "skinny" than NEXT his *kitten*!!! ♣ lol

yes and no (didn't read all the following posts, so i apologize if someone's already made this comment)
    true - if he's only dating you because you went to "hot" from "not" then take out the trash. but if he's paying more attention to you because you're paying more attention to yourself...? umm, isn't that exactly what we do ladies?

and actually i talk about my weight loss quite a bit less often these days as the picture of me at 230 lbs is not the most attractive photo i have lol. If they appreciate your diet and exercise regimen and don't make a big deal of it either way, then yay. but if they balk at the fact that once upon a time my size 8 *kitten* was a size 20 - never mind that i was only at my heaviest weight for a year max - then they really don't deserve my time anyways.

the stupid ones always eliminate themselves at some point. :)
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    These responses are great - I do think we're getting slightly off topic, but its all good. Just to reign it back in a tiny bit: My original question was more about what guys think of the weight loss *process* on women, not really do they prefer fat or thin.

Food for thought or discussion:

I know a certain guy - I've seen him at his worst (physically speaking... ) (90 lbs overweight) and I've seen him at his best (lost that 90!). I didn't really think he was attractive until he lost the weight. Then, I also saw his great sense of humor and sexy wit once the weight was off - for some reason, I never bothered to look or just didn't *see* it until he lost that weight. Perhaps he wasn't really showing himself when he was overweight. Now, he has gained his weight back and then some, and guess what? I still see the hot version of this guy when we get together. Shame on me for being shallow. :/
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I dont think guys really care (excluding boyfriends, and hubbys). I have had only one guy friend comment that my face looks slimmer and I have lost 0ver 70 lbs since he had last seen me. I think us women over think it. Men dont notice unless it is SIGNIFICANT amounts. And they escpecially could care less if we are over weight how we look. I believe when a man sees us overweight (unless he likes big girls) then we become nongendered and move into like a guy-friend type of catagory. Men are very simple and basic....is it hot? Yes? GIMME. No? great friend. Not that guys dont care about personality, but attraction starts with the physical. And I have to give guys props here.....you will see MANY slim men with big chicks....rarely do you see slim chicks with big guys. So while we get on our whole 'if they dont love us fat like they do with us thin then kick them to the curb' horse women power rant.....take a look around someday and take a tally of how many big girls are with skinny guys and how many skinny girls are with big guys. Us women CARE a whole lot more than the men do how the opposite sex looks ;) but i love you all anyways hehe
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. With the response:happy:

Oh that's a crock of ****. If a guy cares about his body and works hard to make it look good, why would he be willing to settle for someone that doesn't take care of themselves?

If you don't care enough about yourself to make an effort, why should a guy care about you?

Besides, like it or not, guys do have "types" as well. I got a good friend that will only date extremely chunky women. I have friends that only date skinny women. I personally like a little more curves, but not too much.

I'm not saying a guy who only cares about looks is what you want, I'm just saying don't use lines like that as an excuse for when a guy isn't interested.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I dont think guys really care (excluding boyfriends, and hubbys). I have had only one guy friend comment that my face looks slimmer and I have lost 0ver 70 lbs since he had last seen me. I think us women over think it. Men dont notice unless it is SIGNIFICANT amounts. And they escpecially could care less if we are over weight how we look. I believe when a man sees us overweight (unless he likes big girls) then we become nongendered and move into like a guy-friend type of catagory. Men are very simple and basic....is it hot? Yes? GIMME. No? great friend. Not that guys dont care about personality, but attraction starts with the physical. And I have to give guys props here.....you will see MANY slim men with big chicks....rarely do you see slim chicks with big guys. So while we get on our whole 'if they dont love us fat like they do with us thin then kick them to the curb' horse women power rant.....take a look around someday and take a tally of how many big girls are with skinny guys and how many skinny girls are with big guys. Us women CARE a whole lot more than the men do how the opposite sex looks ;) but i love you all anyways hehe

Ummmm -- I possibly don't like what you said here. It seems to me you're suggesting that slim men are with big women because they don't care what the opposite sex look like. When I think the reality is there are some men (more than I ever imagined) that actually find big women very physically attractive and sexually desirable. Granted there are other couples where she's gained weight over the years and their man just simply unconditionally loves them. I used to exclusively date BHM because I thought that's the only type of man that liked BBW. I was wrong -- and very happy to admit that.

As for the topic -- I think guys do think it's hot. But not necessarily because OMG now she's thin. I think it's about being healthy, confident, and active. I think they respond to the changes in our behavior and attitude more than our size.
  • geojhkj
    geojhkj Posts: 1
    Options
    They do like girls who workout so yes. I lost 70 pounds !
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Sorry ladies, but as a woman, I agree with this. Women are very hypocritical on this issue.

The fact of the matter is that men are drawn FIRST to looks. If you think that's wrong, then you're just wishing for the world to be different than it is, which is a waste of your time. If you aren't what a man likes, in terms of looks, then he's not going to try to see if there's any relationship potential. That doesn't mean he doesn't think you're a good person; it means he doesn't want to be physically intimate with you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Would you really want to be involved with a guy who doesn't like having sex with you because he doesn't find you physically attractive or is embarrassed to be seen with you in public? I doubt it. So don't act like it's just some shallow thing that men should get over. Women are the ones who need to get over it. If you aren't where you want to be physically, then get there. Be the best version of you that you can be. If THAT'S not good enough, then you can say it's his loss. Acting like he's a jerk because he doesn't find you attractive (we all have different tastes) makes YOU the unreasonable one.

It's also important to note that losing a lot of weight changes the way you behave and interact. It gives you a confidence that you didn't have before, and men pick up on that. When you know you look good, you dress differently, you walk differently, you talk differently, you will do things (like approach a guy who catches your eye) that you would never have done before. That, in and of itself, makes you more attractive and shows that you actually like who you are. Most overweight people are pretty miserable if you dig below the surface. Some of them have really loud personalities and are good at hiding their inner discomfort with who they are, but it's there. And even if you run into that rare guy who will take the time to get to know you, he'll eventually discover that you've got self-esteem issues, and if the weight doesn't scare him away, that will.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have not read all the responses so maybe this has already been said.

Losing weight is not hot for its own sake but a lady taking control of her life,being strong and getting healthy is definitely HOT.