TATTOO OR NOT TO TATTOO

Options
BeachGirl6871
BeachGirl6871 Posts: 24 Member
has anyone gotten a tattoo of their goal weight or of gluttony?

Replies

• amyradelle
    amyradelle Posts: 20
    Options
    NOOOOO TATTOOS! Be natural and beautiful!!
  • amyradelle
    amyradelle Posts: 20
    Options
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting one OF my goal weight... I'm getting one as a reward for hitting my final goal though. My first, in fact.
  • BeckyReba
    BeckyReba Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i'm a definite tattoo supporter. i wouldn't suggest getting a goal weight, because that may change for you someday. but to get something that is a concept, like gluttony in some form, possibly as a symbol, is a great idea! that is an ideal that you will want to keep with you, almost as a reminder, for the rest of your life!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was actually JUST talking to my sister (MissAnjy) about getting a tattoo once I complete my first half-marathon, as a memento! I'd get 13.1 and the date, with some type of small design on my foot/ankle....I can't wait until I've completed the half so that I can get it!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have a big scar on my chest from having a tattoo put on and then later regretting it. Had it removed, so now I am left with the scar. Think long and hard before doing it, my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • ericjr7210
    ericjr7210 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Want one...but at 40 to start now.... and then what do I get.... so many decisions..... may just stay the way I am... but just loose the extra pounds...
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No to the OP question and amyradelle you are kicking a hornets nest to say that tattooed people are not beautiful or some how less than those without tattoos.

edit: it is because of my tattoo that i am trying to loose weight, i want to keep it nice forever.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    No. I have several tattoos, and will likely get one or two to commemorate this journey at some point. However, I don't want to get a number that might change for me; I'd rather get something that has to do with my growth (mental/emotional/healthful, not size lol ;)) - or just something fun that I've wanted to get and use it as a reward. I'm curious to read what others think, though. The desire to get tattooed is fascinating to me.

Whatever you all do, I want to see pic.s! :)
  • MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Two of my tattoos were rewards when I lost my first 50 pounds, then 75. If it's something you want, do it...but be VERY particular about the artist, think very long and very hard about where you want the art, and go with something deeply meaningful to you (not some design you pick off the tattoo shop walls). I have 5 tattoos total, each with a very personal meaning, and I don't regret any of them. Good luck!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am! I have been wanting a tattoo for a long time, and I have the money for it, but it's going in a fatty place on my body, so once I get to 165 (my origianl goal weight) I am going to get it. Delayed gratification and all that
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    I think a tattoo as a "reward" for reaching a goal is an excellent idea! I have one tattoo - I'd love another! Nothing too crazy, though!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos but not involving weight loss ... but if your struggle with weight is that important to you then I don't see a problem with it. I will probably get one when I reach my goal weight but it won't be the number ... just something representative of the achievement and the changes I have made.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

not all tattoos are trashy. I believe some can be very tastefully done & can still be beautiful. Small memento tattoos are a neat idea. I'm not a huge fan of large amounts of body art, but like i said, some can be very pretty if done right.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Tattoo's are beautiful. (most of them anyways...)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a tattoo but im worried it will REALLY hurt!
    Like il get half way through and il be bleeding everywhere, and my skin will be purple, etc..
    But i say if u want a tattoo go for it!

Although.. Just my personal opinion, i WOULDN'T get one with my weight / my goal weight / etc..
    But thats just my opinion..
    So do what will make YOU happy.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    yes to tattoos!! they are beautiful! I have many =) think hard about what to get though - impulsiveness not ink leads to regret. also research the artist!!!!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I got one when I lost weight. My whole family on my arm. Love it.

Get one. Get two. Not three, though.... that is crazy.
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    i LOVE tattoos - im a tattoo *kitten* lol!!! I already have 3 and am planning my next one... it wont have my goal weight or anything like that, but i have always wanted on on my side, on my ribs but have had so much fat around my middle area ive been to ashamed to get it done! Now the fat is going, i am going to get it as im actually confident to have it done, so i spose it is kind of like a reward.

Each to their own tho, my boyfriend hates tattoos and isnt keen on me getting another but he cant stop me lol x
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Two of my tattoos were rewards when I lost my first 50 pounds, then 75. If it's something you want, do it...but be VERY particular about the artist, think very long and very hard about where you want the art, and go with something deeply meaningful to you (not some design you pick off the tattoo shop walls). I have 5 tattoos total, each with a very personal meaning, and I don't regret any of them. Good luck!

I agree with the above comment. I only have one, but it has huge spiritual and personal meaning to me. I took a year or better thinking about my design, meaning etc and had several visits with the artist first. Don't rush it.