Who's Willing To Admit This?

Options
13»

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I don't hit the button a all....I hate it, it lies to me. I don't lose as fast as MFP thinks I will...or it yells at me if I eat too little... :-)
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever hit that button, but yeah, I've done that. It doesn't count if I don't log it, right? ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    rnohou2010 wrote: »
    How many of you have hit the "Complete Entry" button on your app at the end of the day and then continued to eat? I will be the first to admit I have done it on a number of occasions. I am only deceiving myself and hurting myself. Perhaps I should not hit the button until I am in bed with my teeth brushed!

Yeah sure ... I do this about once a week. And I log whatever it was I added after I hit "Complete Entry", and it updates the calories consumes, and it gives me a new "If every day were like today, you'd be ..." message.

Sometimes it's because I forgot I had the second kiwi fruit at work, sometimes it's because I was going to have 200 grams of yogurt and completed my entry right after dinner, but decided to go for 250 grams later in the evening instead.

Whatever, it's no big deal. I'm still within my calorie goal for the day.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I quit eating early enough that this doesn't happen. I know I am 'done' for the day. If a weird late night snack crops up (glass of milk after picking up one of the kids late; long drive back from Sunday dinner @ the in laws & I want a glass of wine to unwind...) I log it under the next days calories. Maybe you should do that. It's a bummer to wake up to calorie debt! That might help you stop!
    xo
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I don't hit that button much but....I do eat things I don't track sometimes. My tracking is not perfect all the time. It is okay.
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have done this too.
    But if I eat more, I will hit it again so it re-calibrates & tells me a new estimated weight and posts whether I went over my calories or stayed under still.
    When I wasn't legit about my calories and wasn't too serious I wasn't always honest on here and would eat after, or not even hit the button.
    But that got me nowhere lol.
    Only lying to myself.
    Now I log everything I eat, even if it happens to be after I hit that button.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    How many of you have hit the "Complete Entry" button on your app at the end of the day and then continued to eat? I will be the first to admit I have done it on a number of occasions. I am only deceiving myself and hurting myself. Perhaps I should not hit the button until I am in bed with my teeth brushed!

Tell me you didn't......... :D

Seriously, I have, then I add the food I've eaten and hit complete entry again. :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Seriously, I have, then I add the food I've eaten and hit complete entry again. :)

I think the bigger question is: Will you EVER move that red ball?!?

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

No, I have never done what you are talking about - I log everything. What you are talking about, basically, is that you aren't logging some of your food. You are right, the only one who cares, the only one it hurts, is yourself. MFP doesn't care, your friends don't care - your body cares. I can understand not wanting to mess up your progress online, or not wanting to show your MFP friends that you are going over your calorie limit - it can be embarrassing for others to see that, but lying about it (by omission) won't fool your body, and that's all that really matters. If you're going to go over your limit, accept that you're human and that everybody occasionally does it, then log it and start the next day afresh.

It's funny the mind games we play with ourselves when trying to lose weight. :smiley:

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Only if I burned over 1,000 calories that day...I eat snacks at night, but high protein, low sugar. I will sometimes have peanut butter toast on 45 calorie bread, but not after 10 PM. I stay up pretty late.
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I thought when you hit the button, it calculates how much you'll weigh in five weeks. If you est more, that calculation would be wrong. I also thought you had to hit the button so it will count the day in that update "Jessica has logged in 111 days in a row" So I don't have to hit the "complete the day" button, and my day will still be counted?
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I never hit complete. What's the use of it? It's all there and recorded any way.
    I thought I had to hit the button to record my food. Thanks

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    I thought when you hit the button, it calculates how much you'll weigh in five weeks. If you est more, that calculation would be wrong. I also thought you had to hit the button so it will count the day in that update "Jessica has logged in 111 days in a row" So I don't have to hit the "complete the day" button, and my day will still be counted?

It calculates how much you could weigh in 5 weeks if every day were like that particular day ... so ... just a rough estimate. But I do find it motivational.

If you add food after you "complete entry", it automatically updates the message.

And to keep your streak going, all you have to do is log in. You don't even have to enter anything. If you log in and go to your home page, you can watch the number slowly turn over from 111 to 112. Or maybe my computer is just that slow. :grin:

• gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I have occasionally eaten after hitting the complete entry button. I still add the food to the log. Nothing stops you from doing that.

Me too... And sometimes I recall something only after clicking. Nothing prevents you from logging after for an accurate picture.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I think the bigger question is: Will you EVER move that red ball?!?

Oh my goodness, you would be surprised!! I DID move the red ball, the man snapped pictures, but those darned pictures somehow got lost.......