calories

Options
ok so I was eating 1,200 calories and now I'm eat 1,430 calories. so is that enough to lose 2 pounds a week?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    ok so I was eating 1,200 calories and now I'm eat 1,430 calories. so is that enough to lose 2 pounds a week?

It depends on how many calories your burn
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    At 5'3" and 105lbs, you are at the lower end of your BMI range, losing 2lbs a week is not healthy or appropriate. You were told this multiple times already in your thread the other day. Perhaps speaking with a dietician to help you set realistic goals would be a good idea.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Start lifting girlie!! You can do this!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

You don't need to lose 2 pounds a week - you're already at a low BMI.
  • Fruit_lover2
    Fruit_lover2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what is a BMI?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Being at the very low weight threshold for your height, I think it would be near impossible to lose 2lbs a week...

I'm 40 pounds heavier than you and much taller, and I cant even lose 2lbs a week.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Eating more doesn't make you lose faster.

However...as others have mentioned, you're already close to being underweight as it is.

What's your goal here? We can give advice if you tell us what you're trying to do.

~Lyssa
  • Fruit_lover2
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

However...as others have mentioned, you're already close to being underweight as it is.

What's your goal here? We can give advice if you tell us what you're trying to do.

~Lyssa
    I'm only eating a little more because people were saying I had an eating disorder

• macgurlnet
    Options

~Lyssa
    I'm only eating a little more because people were saying I had an eating disorder

At your current height and weight, it is not possible to lose 2 pounds in a week and be healthy, especially if you continue to do so.

I know another poster gave you numbers specifically for you as far as how many calories you would be eating to achieve the goal as an example.

It's not realistic.

What are you trying to do? Are you unhappy with how you look?

~Lyssa
  • Fruit_lover2
    Options

~Lyssa

At your current height and weight, it is not possible to lose 2 pounds in a week and be healthy, especially if you continue to do so.

I know another poster gave you numbers specifically for you as far as how many calories you would be eating to achieve the goal as an example.

It's not realistic.

~Lyssa

yes, but my goal is 100 pounds
  • macgurlnet
    Options

~Lyssa

It's not realistic.

~Lyssa

Why 100 pounds?

~Lyssa
  • Fruit_lover2
    Options
    idk
  • macgurlnet
    Options
    idk

I think you do know but are unwilling to share with us, and that's your choice.

100 pounds at your height will mean you are underweight, which can cause many health issues.

Very few people here will give you any advice for such a goal.

~Lyssa
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    A goal weight of 100 lb for 5'3" is a BMI of 17.6. Anything below 18.5 is consider underweight which even 104 lbs for your height would be underweight. You shouldn't be losing anything.
    If you think you are overweight at your current weight, it sounds like you might need some help that goes beyond what internet strangers can provide, such as seeing a therapist / counselor.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    idk
    I think it is a question you really need to answer, not just for anyone here asking but yourself. You're looking to potentially affect your health in a very negative way, for reasons you can't state. Isn't the prospect of possibly harming yourself via weight loss a little scary to do because "idk"?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Why? This is a very unhealthy idea.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

It's not realistic.

~Lyssa

Your goal is only 4 pounds less than you weigh right now. What can't you like about yourself at your current weight that you think will change if you lose 4 more pounds? No one but you will know the difference if you lose those 4 pounds. Stop and think about what it does to your body to drop your weight into a range that is not healthy.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    idk
    I think it is a question you really need to answer, not just for anyone here asking but yourself. You're looking to potentially affect your health in a very negative way, for reasons you can't state. Isn't the prospect of possibly harming yourself via weight loss a little scary to do because "idk"?

Exactly.

OP, have you looked at the long-term health effects of being underweight? If you answer the questions about why you are wanting to do this, you may get different answers.