Why do some people never look like the weight they see on th

Options
2»

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My guess is that muscle weighs more, therefore those who carry more muscle will appear lthinner. I too have been told I don't look like I weigh so much. I was extremely active and muscular when I was younger.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Some people just hold their weight really well.. I am one of them- If people in my "real" life knew how much I weight I think they would faint!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time, too. Which is why I always tell the truth about my weight. Love the 'shock factor.' Now, my suspicion is this... that if your legs are muscular, they account for a lot of that weight. People who carry their weight on top always look their weight. At least, that is my observation.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Muscle and bone structure. At *almost* 5'2", when I'm at 120-122 lbs, I'm a very small size 2 ~ the same size as my 5'4" 105 lb friend. Never go by weight alone!:huh:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I get that allll the time. I tell people I'm trying to lose 22 lbs and they freak out like I'm crazy and immediately start trying to discourage me...I'm 5'5 and my GW of 130 is smack-dab in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Ha when i told my husband i was 171 pounds he sayd "damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i laughed cause its funny but it really wasnt funny that i was 5' 4" and almost 180 pounds.
  • MsTae84
    MsTae84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with you, because me and my friend are around the same height and we weight the same but she appears atleast 20 pounds smaller. The Difference between us is my boobs are way bigger than hers and it makes me look bigger.
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheerleading coach and I still don't know how much anyone weighs until I pick them up but that's because I've been picking people up for more than 10 years. Unless you have a reference point (like knowing how much someone weighs and picking them up repeatedly) I don't think anyone knows how much anyone weighs. Do this: try to guess the weight of person that asked you next time but please don't try to pick us up... Ha! (If I ask someone’s weight then I am fully prepared to give mine so don’t take no for an answer…)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I have always been told the same thing. Perhaps its the way people carry their weight or how tall they are. I am 5'8, and the weight seems to be distributed differently than in someone 5'3 and at my weight. That is my observation anyway. :)
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    People have always acted surprised when I've told them how much I actually weigh. I just assume it to be them being nice more than anything else....
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    People never believed my old weight, people dont believe my new weight.

They always assumed a stone to a stone and a half lighter.

My friend is a size 8 (uk) and i'm a 10 (uk) yet there is around 28lb between us (she about 2 inches shorter)

But i've put that down to me being a gym freak and her not being one.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Men are actually notoriously rubbish at guessing women's weight or clothes sizes....

agree with this!

I get the opposite. People think I weigh more than I do. Doesn't worry me :) Scales are just numbers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!