What are your game plans for the holiday temptations?!

Options
13»

Replies

• scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Well my first step to surviving the holidays is to get as close as possible to my goal weight by December 1st.

Once I reach December 1st, I will still continue with my exercises and trying to maintain a calorie deficit so that when I begin to indulge in sweets and higher calorie meals from parties and gatherings that things will hopefully even out at a maintenance level for the week.

Sometimes I wish that Christmas was only a day, but honestly, the food is there throughout the month and well into January. This is always the time of year where I gain the most weight though I hope to maintain or only gain a few pounds.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have turkey, dressing, cakes and all other 'holiday' foods all the time now and fit it in my calories. So, to me it's just another day. If I were going somewhere to eat where I didn't prepare the food, I wouldn't bother logging and just enjoy that meal.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I plan on eating, logging and moving on. Being conscientious and using moderation, just like any other day.

This! :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Like everything else, you have to figure out where your weak points are then work around them. For me, it's certain cookies that one of our vendors brings in. Once I let myself indulge on those, it opened up the door to other goodies. Last year, I gave the cookies to one of our warehouse guys and made his day and mine. Let yourself enjoy the holidays but know the things you will lose control over. Other than that, give yourself well defined rules on what days are "freebies." If you want to continue losing at the same rate, continue to log and you will know how much extra you'll have to work off. Last year, I set my calories at maintenance for the holidays and didn't gain following this game plan. The year before, I started the slipperly slope to gaining back the 40 lbs I'd worked so hard to lose. You've done the first step - you are planning ahead and that's the best thing to do!