Why dont i look as much as i weigh?

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller in measurements now at 133lbs than when I was 120lb 20+ years ago - back then I didn't workout, now I'm a fitness bunny :smiley: being fit makes all the difference to what size we look.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    BriTyler3 wrote: »
    hello everyone,

Last yr i lost 15 pounds starting at 170 down to 155. I gained all weight back by becoming lazy plus 5 more. The only thing is you really can not tell! Ppl think i weigh around 150! So my question is if it isnt visible where is it?

I was similar, Ive come to the conclusion I carried the weight everywhere rather than in isolated areas.

To the degree my head is now smaller!

I had a bit of a gut, but nothing major. And am short, so would expect weight to really be emphasised, but no one would have called me for the weight I was.

Since dropping the weight I wanted my glasses dont fit, my wedding ring doesnt fit, my shoes have more room in them, my jeans are a lot looser in the leg... Essentially I kept fat all over!
  • BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    To add I'm 5'8, 158lbs and my size 6s are getting too big

Muscles, bones...I carry weight well

Just be happy ..it's not like you have to stand in a scale in front of people is it?

To add im 5'5 , it really doesnt matter. I wouldnt be trying to lose the weight if i listened to other people judgements. They say i dont need to lose, i believe i do.

Ok so you weigh 175 at 5'5... I am 5'5 and weigh 155. I have less then 20 pounds to be at goal.

I dont care what anyone says or deterimines how I look. I am my own judge.

There are people that will blow smoke up your *kitten*.

1. Boyfriend or a spouse.. I love you regardless.. You dont need to lose weight. You look good.

2. A friend... some women want the all the attention..if you start losing weight you will become a threat.
    "you dont weight that.. no way. you look good"

3. Co workers.. of course they will tell you that.. LOL esp. if you have worked with them for a while.
    some dont want to be mean or get involved in something that may backfire.

4. Parents.. Oh honey.. thats crazy.. enjoy life.. You look great!!

I carried 175 pounds for 5 years. Every time I mentioned losing.. I heard no way.. you look great!!!!

I know what 175 looks like on my 5'5 frame and I was obese and I heard every one of the comments above.

Well its not really ppl that I know who are saying these things. My mom is always on board to lose weight. As she did witness my 15 pound lost last yr she can see that i gained weight. She is always supportive.

To add your body frame & mines are different im sure. I have a pear shape so most of my fat is mostly in my hip area & my breast as well. I definitely would not say i look obese because that would be an exaggeration.

• BriTyler3
    Options
    I said before & i said it again REGARDLESS of people's opinions iam STILL going to lose weight. You guys keep implying that I said I was ok with my weight & looking for validation in what others were saying. Please stop that.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I said before & i said it again REGARDLESS of people's opinions iam STILL going to lose weight. You guys keep implying that I said I was ok with my weight & looking for validation in what others were saying. Please stop that.

dont wind yourself up. no one is judging you
    To answer your question. I just think when you become close with people they dont often notice your weight or dont care. Also there are people that are not truthful. You will get the skinniest person tell you not to lose weight as you will look sick. that usually amuses me.
    Good luck
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hello everyone,

Last yr i lost 15 pounds starting at 170 down to 155. I gained all weight back by becoming lazy plus 5 more. The only thing is you really can not tell! Ppl think i weigh around 150! So my question is if it isnt visible where is it?

I was similar, Ive come to the conclusion I carried the weight everywhere rather than in isolated areas.

I had a bit of a gut, but nothing major. And am short, so would expect weight to really be emphasised, but no one would have called me for the weight I was.

Since dropping the weight I wanted my glasses dont fit, my wedding ring doesnt fit, my shoes have more room in them, my jeans are a lot looser in the leg... Essentially I kept fat all over!

Exactly how I gain also....makes it easier to let more and more weight creep on. But eventually there is no way to hide it. OP...I understand your question and regardless of where the gain is- it is there. Keep steady on your plan.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    hello everyone,

Exactly how I gain also....makes it easier to let more and more weight creep on. But eventually there is no way to hide it. OP...I understand your question and regardless of where the gain is- it is there. Keep steady on your plan.

It is. Ive had about 8lbs creep in, though some of that has been necessary. Im very conscious of it though, because I know very well I can "hide" it if I dont keep it in check.

One of my checks is to pinch the back of my head - I used to have a crease when I was heavy so its a mini-barometer for me!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

So, what was the reason for this post?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    forgot to ask if you had a couple of before and after pictures you can check out. pictures are always helpful.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

+1

I'm confused. Is this just a humble brag post? What's the point?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    As the population gets fatter and fatter i think it's skewed people's perception of what a normal or overweight person actually looks like.

That coupled with the fact that women are constantly lying about their weight shaving off a few pounds here and there... well... yeah

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just want to clear something up. I never said that i did not want to lose weight. You guys are misunderstanding the post. My question was i wonder where the weight was going. Regardless of others opinions of thinking i look decent or good, im still losing weight because I want to, lets clear that up :)

Why not provide or take a picture of yourself? You asked where the weight was going as you think or someone told you..."I don't look as much as I weight."
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options

+1

I'm confused. Is this just a humble brag post? What's the point?

1+
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    hello everyone,

Thank you!
  • BriTyler3
    Options

The reason for the post was trying to understand where the weight was being distributed.
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    forgot to ask if you had a couple of before and after pictures you can check out. pictures are always helpful.

I had pictures of my before & after on my old phone but none on this one. I definitely saw a diff in the -15. So im excited to see how much the difference between now and my -30 will look!
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    hello everyone,

It is. Ive had about 8lbs creep in, though some of that has been necessary. Im very conscious of it though, because I know very well I can "hide" it if I dont keep it in check.

One of my checks is to pinch the back of my head - I used to have a crease when I was heavy so its a mini-barometer for me!

Wow, never knew fat even goes to the head. Weight is really a sneaky sun of a gun.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is does it matter. it's there. It's either fat or muscle, I'm guessing from your post about being lazy it's fat. If you want to get rid of it, get in a calorie deficit and if you want to build muscle start working out.
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    I guess my question is does it matter. it's there. It's either fat or muscle, I'm guessing from your post about being lazy it's fat. If you want to get rid of it, get in a calorie deficit and if you want to build muscle start working out.

I was just curious to know. It doesn't really matter that much. But iam already doing both. Thanks!
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My sister is 1 inch taller than me, weighs 40lbs less and i only wear 1 size bigger in pants than she does.